You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

YAY!!! You are on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute selfies and I am loving the 15 minute boarding, wow!

I don't think it's lame at all that you didn't want to go to the party, thank goodness for rain!!!!!!!!!!!! I always seem to be exhausted going into most trips. It's almost a rule. A BAD one. LOL!

I too see 2 gorgeous supermodels.

YAY!!! You are on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cute selfies and I am loving the 15 minute boarding, wow! I don't think it's lame at all that you didn't want to go to the party, thank goodness for rain!!!!!!!!!!!! I always seem to be exhausted going into most trips. It's almost a rule. A BAD one. LOL! I too see 2 gorgeous supermodels.

Even though you're a big fibber, thank you for the sweet words. My friend is actually stunning. I have a pic from lunch post cruise. She's my age and it's unreal. But I love you for trying. :teeth:

We're on the ship!!!! Our PAT was at 11:30 and we were on by noon easy. Some folks we met had been on about 10 cruises, this was their first Disney and they said the check in was by far the smoothest of any other line.

The Port of Miami wasn't anything special in terms of aesthetics. No cool models of the ships or anything.

One of these trips, I going to start well rested. Not sure how but it's got to be doable. :rotfl:

Believe it or not, I am still dizzy. I wasn't dizzy on the ship but at times, I'm still rocking. So wierd.

And then again it could just be Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), we're all getting older....:rollyeyes1 I only say that because I suffer from it. The last time I went on HM with Jill, the stretching room really got me. :mad:

Isn't it the best cabin ever? I debated not posting about it to keep it a little secret ;) but someone would have asked. Lol! I would book it again in a heartbeat.

Always a lack of sleep too? It's a curse!

:ssst: we're suppose to be keeping this our little secret.:rotfl2:

I have the same cabin booked this October on the Magic, we love it.

Subbing in, I want to hear about your crazy tablemate!

Also, as a west coast person, the Wonder is the only ship we know. I am getting so tired of the "will we be disappointed by the Wonder?" threads, from the Florida crew that has 95 cruise ships within ten minutes. The Wonder if our baby!

Cant wait to hear the rest!

:welcome: Your first was the Wonder too? It's a special ship. I think, like you, it'll always hold a special place even after we cruise with the others. I'd love to do the Magic next. It's got the intimacy of the Wonder but with upgrades. The Fantasy is gorgeous from the photos I've seen. Where are you cruising to? :

We loved the Wonder, it was so classically gorgeous. Our second was on the Magic. That's the cruise I was on with podsnel (Hi Ellen!). And our third was the Fantasy. This upcoming August Fantasy cruise is a Western stopping at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica and Castaway Cay. I've never been to Jamaica, so I'm looking forward to that port in particular.

I really should let Pam tell it as I wasn't there when she met Joshua for the first time.​

I think Josh should tell it, that will be funnier :laughing:

You're still dizzy too? I think it's wild that I wasn't affected by the waves while on the ship but the perfectly flat and still ground has me rocking. :rotfl:

It happens to be every time. Its a wild sensation that's for sure.

I am kicking myself a little for not rebooking on board. Someone said we could call up to 10 days after and get the same deal. Sound legit?

Can't hurt to try. I know that applies for booking with points and getting a discount. What changed your mind? You seemed pretty sure the family wouldn't enjoy it as much as the parks.

You are a vacation glutton and its wonderful! What ship are you and your mom on again? 4 weeks!!! :cool1:

17 more work days, but I'm ready to go now :rotfl:

It will be on the Fantasy, mom has decided that one is her favorite.

Yeah we've got Disneyland but my plan to borrow has been somewhat spoiled. My UY is Dec so I can't touch 2015's points unless our trip starts Dec 1 or after. I liked my Dec UY when we first bought but most of our Disneyland trips are in Nov/Dec so it's not very convenient. :crazy2:

Uh oh, so what's the plan now?

Yay, you are on the ship! :cheer2: for the super smooth check in process.

I had the weird loopiness for about a week after my last cruise...it goes away but seriously weird in the meantime!

Jill in CO

Great update!

Yes, travel days are draining. Sounds like you had a fun night with your friends, though, that's great you were able to stay with them!

We did a Magic cruise out of Miami in January and I also thought our check in time was super super speedy. I feel like I barely handed them my signed info and my passport and we were getting our KTTW cards and lanyards. Wild. But so fun to start the trip quickly! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear about your stateroom!! I always love reading stateroom reviews. :thumbsup2

I am in ... going back to read !

:wave: and :welcome: Good to have you. You've only missed the intro and a small update. I'll get to the meat soon.​

And then again it could just be Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), we're all getting older....:rollyeyes1 I only say that because I suffer from it. The last time I went on HM with Jill, the stretching room really got me. :mad:

Oh no you don't missy. You're not jinxing me with any disorders. :rotfl2: This rocking is temporary. ;)

:ssst: we're suppose to be keeping this our little secret.:rotfl2:

I have the same cabin booked this October on the Magic, we love it.

You do? :cloud9: Is the Magic's just like the Wonder's? Same room number. PM me if necessary.....:ssst:

Subbing in, I want to hear about your crazy tablemate!

Also, as a west coast person, the Wonder is the only ship we know. I am getting so tired of the "will we be disappointed by the Wonder?" threads, from the Florida crew that has 95 cruise ships within ten minutes. The Wonder if our baby!

Cant wait to hear the rest!

:welcome: The Wonder was totally gorgeous. I truly couldn't find anything wrong with it. I wasn't looking so much, too busy enjoying our cruise, but she's a beautiful ship.

I'll be getting to the tablemates soon. popcorn::

We loved the Wonder, it was so classically gorgeous. Our second was on the Magic. That's the cruise I was on with podsnel (Hi Ellen!). And our third was the Fantasy. This upcoming August Fantasy cruise is a Western stopping at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica and Castaway Cay. I've never been to Jamaica, so I'm looking forward to that port in particular.

Jamaica looks FUN! You cruised with Ellen? Lucky! Love her. Grand Cayman looks neat too. What are your plans in Jamaica?​

I think Josh should tell it, that will be funnier :laughing:

I'll put it in his words. :thumbsup2

It happens to be every time. Its a wild sensation that's for sure.

It's a trip. It almost feels like a nice little buzz.​

Can't hurt to try. I know that applies for booking with points and getting a discount. What changed your mind? You seemed pretty sure the family wouldn't enjoy it as much as the parks.

I think they'd like a 3-4 day tacked onto a WDW trip. Not sure when to do WDW, before or after the cruise? What do you usually do? I would think WDW before as the cruise is so relaxing. Ellen is working on some numbers for us. My girlfriend Jenna and her family are doing a WDW/cruise combo next June. Hers is for sure. Mine, at this point, is a dream but one worth looking into.​

17 more work days, but I'm ready to go now :rotfl:

It will be on the Fantasy, mom has decided that one is her favorite.

Oh girl, that's so close!! :woohoo:

Would I die on the Fantasy? It's so big. :scared1: :rotfl2:

Uh oh, so what's the plan now?

I don't know. We're trying to figure it out. Ideally I'd love to do the first week in December but it requires missing school. Gabby is fine with it. Joshua doesn't prefer but making up the work is easy for him. Sweet Chloe is the one but Gabby told her that 5 days of missed high school would only be like missing 3 of some classes and 2 of another since they have A and B days. Half of their classes are on A day and the other on B day. Hmmm.....she's have to take driver's ed second semester though. She still hasn't got her permit so that's won't matter too much.​

Yay, you are on the ship! :cheer2: for the super smooth check in process.

I had the weird loopiness for about a week after my last cruise...it goes away but seriously weird in the meantime!

Jill in CO

It was crazy fast and yes, yay for being on board and having Navigators in my grubby little fists! :banana: Let me know when you start your report. How was Philly?​

Great update!

Yes, travel days are draining. Sounds like you had a fun night with your friends, though, that's great you were able to stay with them!

We did a Magic cruise out of Miami in January and I also thought our check in time was super super speedy. I feel like I barely handed them my signed info and my passport and we were getting our KTTW cards and lanyards. Wild. But so fun to start the trip quickly! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear about your stateroom!! I always love reading stateroom reviews. :thumbsup2

I took tons of pics so you'll be happy. :goodvibes

Travel days are so draining. Like I told Pam, I love being places, I just don't like getting there. :laughing:

That's exactly how I felt. We were through the process so quickly and bam, we were on board. It was so much to take in. That process and about the first two hours of the cruise are a blur. Could have been the mighty nice Rum Runner from Krish the bartendar that helped with the blurring process too. ;)Thank goodness for photos.​

Philly was exhausting. My cold is still lingering and I'm completely wiped out. Hopefully I can get to the TR this weekend..maybe Sunday since its supposed to be cold and snowy here again.

Jill in CO

Clearly I needed a bat signal for this TR because I didn't know it had started. But I'm here now and the start of your trip looks like a blast. I'm glad you had an uneventful, yet long, travel day. Too funny that divine intervention canceled your party plans.

How fun that you got to stay with one of your friends. She is very stunning. The kids look like they are having a blast.

Yayayayayay to finally arriving on the cruise you have been counting down for FOREVER! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Jamaica looks FUN! You cruised with Ellen? Lucky! Love her. Grand Cayman looks neat too. What are your plans in Jamaica?

Yes, in October 2010. The Halloween cruise. We didn't get talk really on the actual cruise itself, which I really regret, but we chatted lots before and after. Hoping our paths will cross again someday on either DCL or in WDW.

For Jamaica, I'd really like to go to Dunns Falls. I don't think my kids can actually climb them yet, but I'd still like to see them. Part of the DCL excursion goes there and also someplace where you can see dolphins, lizards and birds....that's definitely something they would love to do.

I'll put it in his words. :thumbsup2

That'll be fun to read :)

It's a trip. It almost feels like a nice little buzz.​

::yes:: I like it, reminds me of the trip.

I think they'd like a 3-4 day tacked onto a WDW trip. Not sure when to do WDW, before or after the cruise? What do you usually do? I would think WDW before as the cruise is so relaxing. Ellen is working on some numbers for us. My girlfriend Jenna and her family are doing a WDW/cruise combo next June. Hers is for sure. Mine, at this point, is a dream but one worth looking into.​

Mom and I both agree WDW after, because the cruise is so amazing it's hard to go home right after. And then the vacation continues with more Disney magic :) but I'm sure a lot of people think the opposite and WDW before.

For the upcoming trip we're doing one day before and three days after. If you do a cruise from Port Canaveral it's very convenient to go back and forth to Orlando.

Oh girl, that's so close!! :woohoo:

True gluttony :blush: :cool1:

Would I die on the Fantasy? It's so big. :scared1: :rotfl2:

You get used to it, the layout is very similar. The biggest difference is there are two extra floors of rooms between all the main stuff, and you guys preferred walking. It's an absolutely gorgeous ship though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to sail on her again. But I do prefer the smaller size of the Wonder.

I don't know. We're trying to figure it out. Ideally I'd love to do the first week in December but it requires missing school. Gabby is fine with it. Joshua doesn't prefer but making up the work is easy for him. Sweet Chloe is the one but Gabby told her that 5 days of missed high school would only be like missing 3 of some classes and 2 of another since they have A and B days. Half of their classes are on A day and the other on B day. Hmmm.....she's have to take driver's ed second semester though. She still hasn't got her permit so that's won't matter too much.​

What a pain that school schedule makes for vacation! Any way to do the homework before leaving? I know some teachers aren't very accommodating.

Not this trip to WDW in less than 2 months, but our next one just a little over a year from now, we are adding on a Dream cruise after the WDW portion. For us we figure that we run ourselves somewhat ragged even though we are still relaxed compared to most at WDW. Also we are taking two of our friends with us. We figured it would be better for us all to arrive together, and then they can go home, and the two of us would go on with our journey.

We will need the cruise to recover from the running around that our friends will probably end up making us do!

Also we are on the Halloween Cruise on the Wonder, I suppose we should consider some easy costumes because I can't imagine a sail away day on October 31 without a Halloween dress up party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter