• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yoga at BC

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
In the past, I have done some "gentle" yoga. I have the PBS yoga with Lilia, but don't do it religiously. I went last Thursday and Friday. There were only 3 "students" on Thursday, around 10 on Friday. I enjoyed/learned more from Thursday's experience, more than Friday's. It was certainly evident that the others were more advanced on both days, but I would not hesitate to go again.

The program is at 7AM on the beach before the main entrance to the Beach Club. You are given 4 towels to put down in the shape of a large plus sign (math major here) and you begin with poses that are done in a sitting position. The class does run the full hour, and I was surprised, because at home, I have trouble keeping focused for half that time. At the end, there is a 5-7 minute relaxation period.

My legs hurt me on Saturday morning, DH was there as an added distraction, and on Sunday we had 8AM ADR's at Kona Cafe, so I only went to the 2 classes, but I would definitely go again. On Monday, which was my last morning, being picked up at 10:40, I chose to go swimming at the Tidal Pool at BC, it is just more fun and relaxing to me than yoga.

If you have any inclination to do Yoga, I recommend trying it out there.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks for the report Bobbi. I found the experience of doing yoga in front of the lake at the Beach Club so relaxing.

We are staying at SSR for the next trip. I wish they would offer yoga there.

Thanks for the input. I am not sure when they started Yoga at the BC, but I will definitely try it on our next trip in August. We were just at Vero Beach for a few days and there was Yoga on one morning. I was going to try it but felt like Idid not have the time.

how cool! thanks for the report! I only do very light yoga as well at home using my dvd's but I'd love to try it one day at disney.

We are staying at SSR for the next trip. I wish they would offer yoga there.
Is there anyway to suggest to DVC or just disney in general that they offer yoga at more of their resorts?

Last time I was at BCV I asked to see the manager, not to complain, but to tell him how happy I was about yoga and movies on the beach. On the flip side, I guess it would make sense to talk to the managers at the other resorts about our wishes. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter