Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A Graduation Trip for Me! *Completed!

I totally agree about Peco Bills...while the burgers are just so so I seem to get one there on every trip lol!

On the last few trips we ordered a few kids meals at TS locations..its just enough food and its pretty good!

I agree completely! Pecos Bill just has a way of drawing you in...:lmao:

Now you're just crossing the line missy with the Main St. Bakery cinnamon rolls!! ;) Oh sooo good!

I'd be willing to try that chili at Pecos Bill's but I really like it spicy so not sure if it would be a thumbs up?? Thanks for the tip regarding the kid burger.... I order a kid meal half the time at CS anyway.

Love those cinnamon rolls :goodvibes

If you like really spicy chili, then this may not be for you. It is a small portion though, in case you decide to give it a try.

Sorry to hear about the increasingly disappointing Polynesian chips. If you're up for a sweeter snack at Captain Cook's (besides a dole whip, of course :laughing:), I've recently seen pics of brand new cupcakes at the Polynesian. They look great, and the flavors (such as chocolate-macadamia, piña colada, and mango-passionfruit) are very reflective of Poly's awesome theme. :thumbsup2

Awesome. Thanks for the tip!! I love cupcakes and those sound right up my alley. I'll be sure to check it out when I'm down there and let you know how they are. :woohoo:

Day 6 – A Sunshine Breakfast​

We all woke up early and headed to Epcot for opening. After a bit of turnstile waiting, we were let through the gates and hurried over to Soarin. Love this attraction! Once we had landed we took a quick walk over to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast.

Laura had Yogurt with Fruit and Granola:
100_3950.jpg

100_3951.jpg

She is always so healthy! I don’t know how she does it. :confused3 This was a good option that isn’t offered in many places.

I ordered the Kids' French Toast - with sausage and potatoes:
100_3952.jpg

This was delicious! I like the potatoes here – they have onions and peppers and are very well seasoned. Even though this was a kid’s meal, it was plenty of food.

My Dad had the Adult Breakfast Platter - Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, and a Biscuit
100_3954.jpg

This comes with a great variety of food, which he enjoyed. The only part that isn’t too good is the bacon, which is floppy and undercooked. He usually isn't a huge fan of biscuits, but he seemed to like this one.

My Mom had Multigrain Frosted Flakes:
100_3956.jpg

And a Cinnamon Roll:
100_3955.jpg

She liked this, especially the cinnamon roll. It was very soft (unlike the ones at POR) and full of cinnamon.

Andrew had the Breakfast Sandwich on Herbed Focaccia Bread:
100_3953.jpg

Perhaps you remember from last time: Andrew had this sandwich and didn’t particularly care for it. I even wrote in the last review that “he probably wouldn’t order this again.” So, what does he do even though I reminded him of this? Orders the sandwich. What did he think this time? He enjoyed it and said that he “would get this again.” Unbelievable! Words to the wise: Don’t listen to Andrew! :rotfl:

I truly enjoy Sunshine Seasons and think it is one of the best counter service paces on property. With that being said, this breakfast receives a…
jack.jpg

Up Next: Food from France

Perhaps you remember from last time: Andrew had this sandwich and didn’t particularly care for it. I even wrote in the last review that “he probably wouldn’t order this again.” So, what does he do even though I reminded him of this? Orders the sandwich. What did he think this time? He enjoyed it and said that he “would get this again.” Unbelievable! Words to the wise: Don’t listen to Andrew! :rotfl:

OMG he pulled a "Todd"! My hubby does that at the MSB with the cinnamon roll, he knows he doesnt like the one they serve but he orders it every single time and is shocked when he is unhappy with it...even though I remind him a million times that he doesnt like it

OMG he pulled a "Todd"! My hubby does that at the MSB with the cinnamon roll, he knows he doesnt like the one they serve but he orders it every single time and is shocked when he is unhappy with it...even though I remind him a million times that he doesnt like it

:lmao: Oh my gosh, I totally thought about you two when this happened! I love reading your reviews, so I know how Todd always orders those cinnamon rolls even though you tell him not too. So funny! :rotfl:

Day 6 – France

We had a very exciting morning here in Epcot. We traveled back in time with Ellen, met a celebrity (Carter Oosterhouse from HGTV – he was incredibly nice and very handsome), and traveled around the world. We split up from our parents in Mexico, so the three of us decided to stop and have a late lunch in France at Boulangerie Patisserie.

Laura and I shared a Turkey Baguette with Brie Cheese:
100_4017.jpg

100_4018.jpg

This was good, especially if it is eaten outside near the quaint shops – it feels very French. This was definitely not the best sandwich I’ve ever had (that would be EOS), but still pretty tasty.

Andrew had a Ham and Cheese Quiche:
100_4019.jpg

He thought this was very good, but said there should have been a bit more ham. Quiche is one of his favorite things, so he was very content with this.

We shared two desserts: A Napoleon and a Crème Brule:
100_4020.jpg

100_4021.jpg

100_4022.jpg

Yum! Both of these were absolutely scrumptious. I just love French pastries :cloud9:

I highly recommend stopping here to savor a little bit of France. The food and the atmosphere here is just divine:
jack.jpg

Coming up: Snacks around the World

Day 6 – Snacks​

We stopped a few times throughout the day to enjoy some food from around the world. Most of these ended up being our dinner. :laughing:

Norway School Bread from Kringla Bakeri og Café:
DSC07846.jpg

DSC07847.jpg

100_3988.jpg

This was excellent. It was incredibly sweet though, probably due to the immense amounts of cream filling.

Even though that this isn’t my favorite treat in all of World Showcase, it is still good…
barbossa.jpg

Caramel Corn and a Chocolate Caramel Cookie from Karamell-Kuche:
100_4063.jpg

100_4067.jpg

100_4104.jpg

This place is awesome! As soon as you enter the door you can smell the caramel wafting towards you. They have so many options: caramel apples, cookies, pretzels, strawberries, fudge, and lots of other candies. Everything looked luscious. The two items were bought were as good as they look! We only ate some of the caramel corn and saved it for later: poor life decision. After a bit the caramel corn becomes soggy and kind of gross, so I would recommend eating it right after it has been made (a truly hard task, don’t you think? ;)) The cookie was really good; it even had caramel inside! So yummy.

These two treats receive a…
jack.jpg

Unless you wait to eat the caramel corn until later. Then it receives a…
blackbeard.jpg

Chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop:
DSC07918.jpg

Gosh darn it, these are incredibly delicious! Literally the best “fries” I have ever had in my entire life. Crispy on the outside, yet light and fluffy on the inside. Even if they aren’t listed on the menu, you can still order just a side of chips.

It is no surprise that these receive a…
jack.jpg

Well that concludes our food tour around World Showcase! We caught two of Peter Noone’s shows (he was great! I love “I’m Henry VIII, I Am”) and watched Illuminations before heading out.

Coming up: Breakfast back at POR

Love your reviews!! Thanks for including all your snack pics! It gives me a lot of great ideas on how to use my credits when I get to the World next week! :)

Love your reviews!! Thanks for including all your snack pics! It gives me a lot of great ideas on how to use my credits when I get to the World next week! :)

Thank you!! :goodvibes There are so many different snacks to try; it's hard to just pick a few!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to do a quick real life update:

I arrived in Florida yesterday around 6:45. We are staying at Pop Century for the first time - my Mom got a pin code so it was a really good deal :thumbsup2 It's not as nice as POR, but I like it; just glad to be on Disney property!

Also wanted to let you all know that I checked in today for the Disney College Program! It was so much fun and so exciting. I am going to post more about the process in my blog, if you are interested. I also found out my work location...

FRONTIERLAND

I'm so pumped!!! :woohoo:

Since work will be starting soon I'm going to try and wrap up this dining review. I will post a link to my new dining thread (once I start it of course). Thanks again to everyone for following along in my dining adventures! pirate:

How exciting! Can't wait to read all about it!

P.S. You're killing me with all the snack pictures. :laughing: Everything looks delicious! I think you have swayed me into trying one of those caramel cookies next trip. :thumbsup2

How exciting! Can't wait to read all about it!

P.S. You're killing me with all the snack pictures. :laughing: Everything looks delicious! I think you have swayed me into trying one of those caramel cookies next trip. :thumbsup2

Haha! Those cookies are definitely a good life decision :thumbsup2

Day 7 – Our Last Full Day​

Our final day at WDW had finally come… We awoke early and walked on over to the Riverside Mill Food Court. Everyone except for me had oatmeal and toast.

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

Laura and my Dad both had Coffee, while Andrew had an Orange Juice:
IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

Simply Orange, instead of the usual Minute Maid

I decided to have Mickey Waffles!
IMG_2032.jpg
b

Everyone really loved this meal. It was good and hearty for a full day of fun at the Magic Kingdom. Mickey waffles are probably my favorite breakfast treat, so I was one happy camper. This time I had strawberries instead of applesauce. The sausage was good, but the bacon was mediocre. The waffles made up for it though.

And so the Riverside Mill receives yet another excellent rating…
jack.jpg

Coming up: The Plaza

Day 7 – Lunch at The Plaza​

After having an enjoyable morning at the Magic Kingdom, it was time for lunch! This is one of our favorite spots to eat, even though the service tends to be a little slow. We checked in and were seated almost immediately.

Laura had the Vegetarian Sandwich with Broccoli Slaw - fresh mozzarella, hummus, basil pesto, cucumber, roasted red pepper, tomato, and lettuce on a freshly baked foccaccia:
100_4121.jpg

That looks really good, doesn’t it? Laura thought this sandwich was splendid, as well as the broccoli slaw. I tried some of the broccoli slaw and had to agree with her. I’ve never ordered it before, since I’m not a huge fan of broccoli, but will definitely get this in the future. It was very crunchy and the dressing was quite light. A great accompaniment to any sandwich.

My Dad and I shared the Cheese Steak Sandwich with French Fries - shaved beef, grilled with onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and white American cheese served on a hoagie roll:
100_4122.jpg

100_4123.jpg

We order this every time and it is always incredible! My Dad and I love cheese steak sandwiches and this has to be our favorite. The peppers, onions, and mushrooms are a great addition.

My Mom and Andrew shared the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with French Fries - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and Swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser:
100_4124.jpg

They both love this sandwich! It is incredibly tender and moist with just the right amount of cheese. We even recreated this sandwich once we got home. They said it was “almost” as good as the original.

After those lovely sandwiches, it was time for some luscious ice cream!

Laura had a Creamy Vanilla Hand-Dipped Milkshake:
100_4130.jpg

Gosh, this was good. There was also quite a bit leftover milkshake, so my Mom and I had a sip as well. My Mom loves Vanilla ice cream and I think she liked this just as much, if not more, than her sundae.

My Dad had The Plaza Restaurant Sundae - ice cream (chocolate) with hot fudge, strawberry sauce, crushed pineapple, topped with whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry:
100_4126.jpg

My Mom had The Plaza Restaurant Sundae - ice cream (vanilla) with hot fudge, strawberry sauce, crushed pineapple, topped with whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry:
100_4128.jpg

Can’t go wrong with either of those choices. They both enjoyed these sundaes immensely.

Andrew had the Original Banana Split - chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream topped with hot fudge, strawberry sauce, crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, whipped cream and a cherry:
100_4129.jpg

He did ask for no pineapple and no nuts, but it ended up coming with both. No matter; Father helped eat that section.

I had the Brownie Sundae - vanilla ice cream and a fudge brownie topped with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry:
100_4131.jpg

100_4134.jpg

I had cookies and cream ice cream instead of vanilla. What a combination! This is so sinful and insanely good. I wish I could eat this right now…

This was one fabulous meal! The Plaza is definitely worthy of…
jack.jpg

Up next: Someday I wish I could be a real boy

Day 7 – Late Dinner at Pinocchio’s​

Once we had waddled out of The Plaza, we headed over to Frontierland to get a spot for the afternoon parade. We then decided to split ways – Andrew and our parents went back to the resort to pack up, while Laura and I went to DTD to buy a birthday gift for our friend. Everyone met back at the Magic Kingdom, where we had dinner at Pinocchio’s Villiage Haus.

My parents and Andrew shared two Cheese Pizzas:
100_4174.jpg

They thought these were better than the ones we had a Pizza Planet, even though I’m pretty sure they are basically the same thing. :confused3

Here are some cups of water:
100_4175.jpg

I had Chicken Parmesan with Pasta:
IMG_2044.jpg

The chicken was excellent! It was perfectly crispy and had just the right amount of cheese. The pasta, however, was a different story. It was wayyyyy overcooked and watery. I only ate a few bites before throwing the rest away. :sad2: They used to serve orzo with this dish, which was a much better choice!

Laura had Tomato Soup and the Kid’s Grilled Cheese with grapes and a cookie:
IMG_2045.jpg

She thought this was great and declared it better than the tomato soup they have at college. I’m surprised Andrew didn’t have the grilled cheese; I’m sure he would have loved it as well.

Overall, this meal receives a…
barbossa.jpg

Up next: Popcorn!

Day 7 – Later That Evening…​

After riding our favorite attractions (Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin’s Magic Carpets, TTA), we headed towards Main Street to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade. I was going to have an Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from the Bakery or a Mickey Premium Bar, but sadly got neither… I was still full from dinner and the line at the Bakery was incredibly long. So I settled for some Popcorn instead. Unfortunately, I failed to take a picture, but I do have one from last time! The bucket is still the same:

101_1373.jpg

101_1375.jpg

We also took a walk around the Main Street Confectionary:
DSC07642.jpg

DSC07643.jpg

DSC07644.jpg

DSC07645.jpg

DSC07647.jpg

Later the next day my Mom revealed that she had purchase a HUGE Mickey Rice Krispie Treat for us:
IMG_2057.jpg

Cute, huh? This lasted us for a several days. Boy, that sure is one tasty breakfast!

Next up: Final Review

Day 8 – Last Day

All of us woke up extra early, so we could get on the road. Luckily, we did have time for one final breakfast at POR.

I had a Cinnamon Roll this time:
IMG_2047.jpg

It was still hard and slightly stuck to the plate, but it was still good. There was plenty of cinnamon and was very soft inside.

As always, everyone else had oatmeal and toast.

Oatmeal with Berries:
IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

White Toast:
IMG_2046.jpg

Multigrain Toast:
IMG_2050.jpg

Evil Coffee;
IMG_2051.jpg

Why is this evil? I was filling up two cups of coffee and didn’t put lids on them. As I was carrying them back to the table, I accidently spilled some all over my hand. Unfortunately I was in the middle of the dining room, so I couldn’t set them down anywhere. Thankfully, the burn wasn’t too bad. :eek:

Once again, we all really enjoyed our breakfast. This is such a wonderful place to grab food before heading into the parks.

I was bummed that we never had an ice cream sundae from here (or Mickey Premium Bar or an Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich from the Main Street Bakery, for that matter), but it is just something to add to my list of deliciousness to have during my college program. :woohoo:

And so, our final breakfast receives a…
jack.jpg

Final thoughts to come!

So many great updates to read and photos to look at! :goodvibes

I'm surprised at how good the veggie sandwich at The Plaza looks, and the tomato soup with grilled cheese at the Pinocchio Village Haus was a great idea. And after all that indulgent goodness, the oatmeal with berries looks like a perfect breakfast. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read your updates on the College Program - it sounds like a great experience! :)

Congrats on the DCP!! My son checked in this morning too. He found out he'd be working at the All Star Movies Resort in FSQS and living in the Patterson Apts. Good luck to you & if you run into a Derek from Oregon.....give him a big squeeze from me!! :goodvibes

Wow! So many great snacks and breakfasts.... I'm like you - Mickey waffles for me! Oh, and the brownie sundae at Plaza Restaurant looks really, realy good.

How exciting that you are starting the DCP now! Adventureland - how awesome!! How long is the program? I think you may have said early in your review but I was too lazy to go back. We'll be there in August so you may still be there.

Thanks for taking your time to share all of your dining experiences! :goodvibes

Betsy, I have to admit that I copied the presentation of the Kona :banana:fruit plate for my DH's 30th B-day party. :goodvibes: It made for a nice looking table.

@ Kona ur pancakes look fabulous!!!!!:cloud9::cloud9:
Q: Corn on the cob is now served @ PB & can get instead of ff? I LOVVVe corn on the cob!
& Laura's veg. sandwich @ the Plaza looks amazing!!! I might have to book Plaza just for this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter