YIPPEE!!! Just booked first DL trip!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by **Tinker*Bell*7**, Aug 14, 2006.

1. **Tinker*Bell*7**

**Tinker*Bell*7** Pixie Princess

I was at WDW for the press event to kick off of the HCOE & thought it would be neat to be at DL for the last day. Finally decided it was doable. Just made plane ressie for trip 9/30-10/5. It's my first trip to DL & to California! Any tips from the experts???? :cool1: :cheer2: :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stagemomx3

stagemomx3 DIS Veteran

:woohoo: Have a great trip! I'm going to add you to our October Role Call list. :cool1:

4. disneycutie84

disneycutie84 <font color=blue>tagless traitor<br><font color=co

Defintely ride all the classics: Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain, etc.
    Tour the hotels. DL Hotel had some really beautiful areas, as does Grand Californian.
    Downtown Disney is really fun & can easily be a day in and of itself. Shop, eat, go see a movie, watch performers that are out and etc.
    I would also make sure to see Fantasmic! Its a great show and even if you've seen it at WDW, its a different experience here with the rivers of america and different elements to the show.
    And most of all...have fun! :banana:

5. **Tinker*Bell*7**

thanks for the tips!

6. tinkermell

tinkermell <font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f

Be sure to check out Hydro Guys post about DL verses WDW. Alot of insight for the newbies to DL. Have fun, and what does HCOE stand for? :tinker:

7. chellebelle

chellebelle Mouseketeer

I'll be there around the same time as you, Have a great time, where are you staying??

8. disneymom8589

disneymom8589 I am his Disney

I love, love, love Disneyland. :woohoo: I know you're going to have a fantastic time! Having been to DLR 12 times and MK twice, just know that the attractions will be slightly different at the 2 theme parks. For instance, don't expect to see an exact duplicate of Pirates of the Caribbean. Main Street, also, is set up a bit differently. It was fun experiencing the similiarities and differences at both parks!

Enjoy your time there! :tink:

9. mikayla73

mikayla73 DIS Veteran

Have a great time! DL is great. I will be making my first trip to WDW next year,so I know how you feel! :goodvibes

10. ScooterL

ScooterL DIS Veteran

Don't miss Haunted Mansion Holiday - it's scheduled to open September 29.

Have fun!

Laura

11. **Tinker*Bell*7**

HCOE = Happiest Celebration on Earth

Thanks for all the tips. Can't wait to check it out!!!!

12. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

Here is a link in case the OP Tink hasn't found it (too many Tinks around here methinks ;) ): "A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

13. **Tinker*Bell*7**

that was a great help hydroguy! WOW! :cool1: