Yikes!

ashmarie06

DIS Veteran
Flight Prices are insane. DBF and I bought our Airtran tix for 435.00 total Round Trip. I just checked our exact same flights, and it's up to 518.81! Our trip isn't until August! How much is everyone else paying for flights?

I just looked at Allegiant from Lexington, KY to Orlando (Sanford) direct flight and its $274 with taxes and all for 2 adults. I realize that Lexington is about 90 miles from you but the savings could be worth it? The nice thing about flying into Sanford is that you can be picking up your baggage in about 10 mins after you step off the plane and out the door in just a few minutes after. Its a small airport and doesn't have the traffic that Orlando International does.
Hope this helps!
:banana::banana:

I'm in shock over the prices. Praying for a ding or a sudden drop in gas prices since I didn't win mega millions! :headache:

I booked from Louisville, KY to Orlando yesterday....$384 per ticket (x 5) with southwest. It was 374 just a few days before.

I booked from Louisville, KY to Orlando yesterday....$384 per ticket (x 5) with southwest. It was 374 just a few days before.

I have been playing around with different airports and different combinations, for our August trip. At this point we may be flying out of an airport about 2 hours away for $255 r/t for adults. That is a decent fare for right now and thats more than I've ever paid. Linda

It's insane everywhere. We used to go to WDW 3x a year & airfare might seriously cut that back now. We never paid more than $200 RT (from PA) and we flew down twice in March - paid $225RT for the 1st trip & $255 RT for the second - and that was with checking the prices several times a day for months. I was lucky to get it that cheap.

I was checking into a quick surprise trip in late April or May & I can't find anything under $375 RT. That squashed that idea. I'm also watching for October - it's insane - nothing under $400RT. ARGH!

I've been stressing on flights for August... Allegiant finally came out with their schedule for late August and jumped the day they came out - for the 4 of us we're paying just over 1000, so we're thrilled. I checked those same flights today and they are up to 2500 - so they jumped 1500 in 12 day. Thank goodness I didn't dither! I think flights are going to be pricey this summer!

Indianapolis to Orlando, July 25-30, $220 on AirTran (purchased end of January)

Bloomington, IL to Orlando, Nov. 30-Dec. 17, $222 on Delta (purchased 4 days ago)

We paid $200 rt for the 4 of us, we fly out of DTW and are using Delta. We bought them in January for our trip in May, last time I checked the same tickets were $287, glad I got them when I did,

We booked our airfare out of Hartford on the day it opened with Southwest and we were able to get $100/person each way. I don't think that is too bad since we paid $180 round trip last year on Delta. Unfortunately Delta no longer offers non-stops so we went with Southwest since they were cheaper than JetBlue. The same flights that we are booked on are now going for $320 roundtrip.

We paid $205/pp taxes/fees in. RT between Detroit & Orlando travelling July 18-28. Bought tickets for a party of 6 in November 2011 on Airtran........haven't seen it anywhere near that since........so I'm glad I bought back then

Out of Tulsa, I can't find anything lower than $400 - $450 RT per person. It's so frustrating, but definitely a sign of the times. :headache:

Booked Jet Blue on release day for October trip from Newark, NJ. (Leaving Sat am and returning following Sun afternoon - prime flights). Paid $231 per person. Flight is now $461 per person!! Guess the days of cheaper flights to Orlando are OVER!

On the other hand, I have two other flights booked (both Continental/United non stop round trip), from Newark to Phoenix for $301 and to Las Vegas for $361. Both pretty decent fares, in my opinion. Go figure!! Maybe the Orlando flights have become more consolidated and have less competition, thus commanding higher prices.

:confused3

I flew from Bloomington, IL to Orlando on Airtran last week (with a stop in Atlanta on the way down...we don't have a direct flight to Orlando every day) and tickets, tax, insurance, and seat selection combined were $500/person. Ouch. Must be because it's Spring Break.

We have never experienced such sticker shock before for airfare out of chicago....june dep 400 pp x 5 is way too much for us!

we are now driving...something we havent ever done before...new adventure!

I'm just sick about the prices. Two of us at $761 each = wayyyyyy too much. The thought of paying $1500 in one big chunk is making me cringe. Not entirely sure we'll be able to fit travel into our budget any longer and we will never ever ever drive (unless we want to divorce).

Our travel dates are August 26th to September 2. We purchased our tickets in January for $289 pp return from Syracuse, NY. We are flying Jetblue so that also includes one free checked bag per person and free seat selection.

Prices have gone wayyyy up since we booked. I am so glad we committed when we did, or there would be no summer trip for us.

I am totally stressing out with flight prices right now.

We booked a few months back for our trip in a couple of weeks. We paid $350 per person then, and that was the best I could find. Those same tickets are now $590.60 per person.

We are hosting a large family reunion in October and have paid for 4 homes for everyone to stay in. The cheapest I can find tickets for the dates we will be there is $591.00 per person. I am wondering how many people are going to bail because they can't afford the ticket prices and then I will be out all this money for renting the homes.:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter