Yikes..... here comes Ike

Putting the board's up tomorrow :thumbsup2

Michael, my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I heard this morning that there are madatory evacutions starting to happen. Might be a good time to head north on 45!! (although I can't imagine what the traffic is going to be like). Stay safe and please let us know that you're ok!

I heard the Governor say he'd rather see Texans leave in cars rather than body bags! :scared1: Get your buns to safety!!!!!

I'm flying out in Ike in the AM...headed to Philly...so far the airlines haven't cancelled flights out of Gulfport...keep me in your prayers that it will be a safe one!!! The winds and waves are pretty high here today!!! High tide will close US 90 in the AM as it did today!!! It's back open for low tide...just went to peek!

Everyone in Ike's path, don't take chances. Safety is the main thing. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us all posted and let us know you are ok, if there's any way to get online.

Schools here are closed tomorrow. The base is shutting down at 1pm. I was in the ER today with my littlest because she was dehydrated. She is doing better now, no thanks to the army ER, it was my neighbor, who is a doctor, that helped her. He came over and told me to give her tylenol even though she had no fever. She perked up a little bit after that. Gotta love knowing the right people.

The commissary parking lot was packed full today. I went to the PX instead. I just needed another pack of water as the kids drank that. I still have all the other supplies from Gustav. My neighbor left and told me to go get her bread out of her freezer for us to have. She went to visit family near Baton Rouge. She said they are still cleaning up there from Gustav. My pastor near there has 2 oak trees to clean out of his yard from Gustav.

It looks like we will be on the east side of this storm. We may not be as lucky as with Gustav. I pray that the storm dies before it hits land. We really don't need this now.

You Texans stay safe now ya hear!!!

Still alive :woohoo: They are clueless where this storm is going east then west then back again. The power in the storm has died down a little but we are still in the cone so who knows. We have the boards up and no plans to evac. I know this sounds bad but we are more worried about this storm screwing up our trip to WDW in 2 months then anything(yes I know its stupid) The keep saying mobile homes will be destroyed so that does not sound good for our toy hauler:headache: . But they also say do not evac unless the storm surge will get you and we are in the clear of that. So in 36 hrs here is hoping that all well be good. As long as I have power and cable I will keep you updated. Thanks for the concern. Maybe this will be the last storm of the season.

Mike, our prayers are with you. When that puppy blows thru hunker down and keep the faith.

Mike our prayers are with you and your family. Ike has weakend some so that is good news for you guys. Make sure you have plenty of supplies as you might not have power for a few days.

Hunker down and be safe

Don't worry about sounding stupid. When you plan like that and enjoy something so much you can't help but feel like you want to go no matter what. Hopefully the storm will lose some strength before it get's to TX. "Hunker Down" as they say.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in the storms path.

Anyone here from Rog? I just heard from another friend in Mandeville that they are getting some flooding, waist high in areas. Not sure how far away from the lake and rivers that Rog is.

I am praying for you Rog.

We just had the tornado sirens go off. We all ran into the bathrom plus the 2 dogs. That was a rough 5 minutes I have ta say. We are sleeping downstairs tonight, but NOT on the massachistic sofa bed. I got out the air mattresses.

We are about to play our new Indiana Jones monopoly to help the time go by faster.

Praying for ya'll in Texas as well.

My little one just started passing out flashlights to all of us. She is too cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter