1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

yet another yard sale price ?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mamalle, Aug 20, 2005.

1. mamalle

mamalle DIS Veteran

Im going to have a yard sale next week and Im cleaning out the garage. Im planning on selling the little tikes log cabin, bounce around house, radio flyer wagon ( big one with cup holders and storage), little tikes car, and light weight stroller. I was thinking of $75 for the bounce house, $50 for the cabin and $25 for the wagon. do you think that is reasonable? It doesnt really matter what the smaller stuff goes for. Im thinking like $5 a piece for them but these items Im hoping will sell for a larger profit. I usually get grandparents first thing in the am that like to pick up items and are usually agreeable to my prices.. TIA Lisa :sunny:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ElizaB39

ElizaB39 <font color=blue>Males with udders? What WERE they

I have no idea about prices but when I used to sell my things to a consignment store she used the following. SHe would sell a used item for half of what it would go for in the store, and she would pay the consignor (me) half of that half. SO I would get 25% of current retail and she would sell it for 50% of current retail. I would use that as a guide. Don't know if this makes sense or not.

ELiza

4. mamalle

mamalle DIS Veteran

yeah that does make sense. the bounce house and the log cabin are 25% of the retail price but the wagon is off by $5.00. thanks!

5. ElizaB39

ElizaB39 <font color=blue>Males with udders? What WERE they

I think you should shoot for more than 25% of current retail, that is what she paid me, she listed for 50%. Maybe don't list it for 50% of current retail, but somethinkg between 25 and 50. Also, people will offer you less than what you have it priced for. You never know. Good Luck!

6. chniki88

chniki88 Earning My Ears

You will make more money on ebay.
    I sold my log cabin on ebay for 115.00 I paid 40 at a yard sale several years ago. It was local pick up only. If you look the average price on ebay or want ad for the log cabin is around 100.00-125.00.

I just bought a 8' X8' bounce house at walmart for 80.00 on clearence yesterday.

Do you not like ebay?? I think with those 2 big ticket items you would do better there than a yard sale.

THe wagon either one.
    GOOD LUCK

7. mamalle

mamalle DIS Veteran

actually I did sell all my big baby items on ebay and made some nice $$$ but I thought maybe I would try a yard sale and see since I have had some great luck with grandparents in my neighborhood that are agreeable to my prices. I can also do pick up only on ebay if they dont sell. thanks!

8. PURTYPAT1

PURTYPAT1 DIS Veteran

How Did You Make Out With Your Yard Sale?