Yes, you CAN walk the Goofy!

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by Freight Train, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Freight Train

Freight Train Earning My Ears

Hahahaha!!! Wish you could have been there for my training--there was plenty of talking to myself going on! Wait-there was also plenty of talking to myself during the races too. What does that say about me???

On a side note, my race photos from the full are priceless. You see the full range of emotions. At MK I'm smiling and pointing at the camera. At AK I'm not smiling anymore but I'm still defiantly pointing at the camera. Then at DHS I appear to be crying. This is probably because I was crying. Finally, in the photo outside Epcot near the finish line I've got my fists in the air and I'm screaming at the top of my lungs. That's a full day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BikeFan

BikeFan Mouseketeer

I'm so, so impressed that you did this. You set a goal, you invested the necessary time and training, and you DID IT! :thumbsup2 Don't ever sell yourself short - you can do more amazing things than you even realize.

4. BikeFan

BikeFan Mouseketeer

This is especially true with long distance runners. Samuel Wanjiru, 5'4", won numerous marathons, including the 2008 Olympic marathon in Bejing. He also held the half-marathon world record at one point. Short doesn't mean slow at all.

5. honkytonkmama

honkytonkmama Mouseketeer

This gives me so much hope that I will be able to walk the goofy in 2015. :D

Congrats!!!

6. Freight Train

Freight Train Earning My Ears

Thanks! Here's some visualization help:

[​IMG]

7. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

I can tell this is something I really want to focus on. A good fast turnover with a shorter stride..

8. John VN

John VN DIS Cast Member

Great shot. Keep on inspiring. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

9. fairestoneofall

fairestoneofall DIS Veteran

congratulations!!!!!! you did it and you should be SO proud of yourself!! :cheer2:

10. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

THANK YOU for sharing. I enjoyed your story so very much! Maybe when my Achilles heals, you'll see me there too!