YES! We are going again! Spring Break 2016 PTR! Complete: TR Link

deedee2177

Disney Darling
Yes, we are going again!
Well, hello again! :wave: I never thought I would have 2 PTRs going on at the same time. I’m beyond thankful that we are able to do 2 trips so closely together. :yay: However, with 2016 dates being released on 6/22/15 I wanted to get my thoughts documented and I thought I might as well share them in my PTR! Here’s a bit of background on our trips:

My DH and I are going on a trip to WDW November 15 – 20, as a Honeymoon Redo (feel free to follow along with my PTR…link in my signature). Of course with an adult only trip there comes a bit of guilt, so we wanted to make sure we kept our plans to take the kids every other year. Our last trip with the kids was April 2014 where we had the Grandmas join us (PTR and TR links also in my signatures).

Now onto a bit of the details:

When: 3/28/16 – 4/2/16 (yes, I know this is Spring Break)

Where: Pop Century

Who:

First up is my Step-Daughter (from here on out I will just refer to her as my daughter because as she says, “There is no step about it”). Emma will be 9 years old at the time of the trip. The last trip on a Child Ticket….boo! Emma loves to dance and is very involved with her Dance Studio and is a part of several dance competition teams…it keeps us all very busy but she loves it! She and I have a very close relationship and I have always told her I fell in love twice when I started dating her Daddy….once with her Daddy and then again when I met her. I’m also very lucky that her Mommy encourages my relationship with Emma, and have her support as her other Mom. This will be Emma’s 4th trip to Disney (1st: With her Mommy and Nanna when she was 3yrs old, 2nd: With us November 2012, 3rd: Our Spring Break Trip in April 2014). She loves Disney but has recently moved on a bit from the Princesses and is more into the Tween stuff. She is very excited about the trip and even has her own Disney Countdown on her tablet, she is looking forward to helping me with some of the planning.

3WJ0Lxo.jpg

Second is my son, Joey. He will be 4 at the time of the trip (UGH…I can’t even believe that). He is a ball of energy and always has to be on the go. This will be his 3rd trip to Disney (1st: 10 months old when we went in November 2012, 2nd: Trip with the Grandmas April 2014). He loves Disney and his current obsession is Miles from Tomorrowland. This trip will be the first trip that I feel he will understand we are actually going to Disney World. He loves all kinds of rides, though he did get a bit freaked out on Astro Orbiter toward the end of the ride. I’m hoping he will be tall enough by our trip to get on some of the “bigger” rides.

hawSk6D.jpg

Next is my DH, Keith. We got married in 2011 and this will be our 5th trip to Disney together (1st: Honeymoon in 2011, 2nd: with the kids November 2012, 3rd: trip with kids and Grandmas April 2014, 4th: Honeymoon Re-do November 2015). Keith had only been to Disney once when he met me and it took some convincing to go there for our Honeymoon. Even though the Honeymoon was not very magical (poor guy cracked his tooth and was in a lot of pain…hence the reason for our Honeymoon Redo) he still fell in love with Disney and we made a promise to try and get back every other year if possible. Keith is a stay at home Dad, and has recently started up a new business adventure with a friend of his.

Lastly we have me. I grew up in South Florida and I was fortunate enough to visit WDW very often while I was growing up, so to be honest I have lost count on how many times I have been (what a problem to have!). I work from home and I’m in Human Resources. Though my job can be stressful at times, I do love the work that I do and I love the fact I can work from home.

tnlQVYY.jpg

Honorable Mentions: My Mom and sister may drive down to join us for a couple of days, but they don’t know for sure. However, my Mom will take care of all their planning.

So, here are the bare bone plans for right now:

Resort: I think we have finally decided we will stay at Pop Century. Keith and I did talk about renting a condo like we did when we went with the Grandmas. However, after talking about the perks of staying onsite we opted to do that instead. I felt it is easier to be staying onsite when we have the kids, and we don’t need as much space like we did when it was a party of six. I haven’t stayed at Pop before, but it seems like this will work out just fine for us.

6cYshF5.jpg

Image from Google Images

Tickets: 2 Child 4 Day Park Hoppers. What? No tickets for me and Keith? No, because we will be AP Holders at that time!!! I crunched the numbers and it will be cheaper for us to upgrade to APs while on our November Trip then to buy separate tickets for each trip. Of course I’m hoping to put these APs into good use and squeeze another trip with just my sister at some point in 2016 before they expire.

So on 6/22 (one week!) I plan on making my reservations for 3/28 – 4/2 at Pop Century and 2 Child 4 Day Park Hopper Tickets.

There you have it! My introduction to our Spring Break 2016 Trip!! :flower:

Super - I wish AP was an option for me, but maybe one day... I'm sure that you will love POP - it has great transit, and both POP and AoA have great food courts. Double the fun with two trips upcoming!

:welcome: Thanks for following along on this PTR as well! :) I never thought AP would be in the plans for us, but since we are doing 2 trips so close together I thought I would take a look and lo and behold we saved money getting APs for me and Keith!!

I really like that Pop has it's own bus, we will have the rental car with us that I'm sure we will utilize but the bus is a good back up if I or Keith need to take one of the kids back to the resort earlier then we had planned while the others stay in the Park.

We stayed at AoA with the kids during our November 2012 trip in the LM rooms and we loved it! I don't think we will as squished this trip like we were in the LM rooms since we won't need the crib for my son like we did then (not to mention all the baby food and diapers we had to pack).

I'm super excited to be close enough to AoA to walk over. I'm thinking about requesting a lake view room so we can have a nice view of AoA. :)

I made our Reservation!! 3/28/16 - 4/2/16 :)

Well, we were going to wait a bit to make the reservation, but I talked to DH and told him since we are going during such a busy time of year I would feel more comfortable going ahead and making the reservation. DH and I decided to let DD choose between Pop and AsMo. She chose............

JxZ7pnM.png

I have to say I was pretty surprised and no DH and I did not try to convince her to stay at Pop by explaining AoA was right across the lake....ok maybe I'm lying and we did just that! However, I stopped because we had tole DD she could choose. I took a look at the resort and decided we would request a Preferred Room because I notice the Standard Rooms were in the Might Duck and Love Bug Sections....I knew DD would be disappointed if we ended up there. She is hoping for the Dalmations Section which looks really cute as well. I personally would like the Toy Story Section, but again her choice :)

I decided to call to make this reservation instead of over the phone because I wasn't sure how the whole ticket situation would work out since at the time of this trip DH and I will have our AP's. I called and listened to the wonderful Disney music for a short while before I spoke with a very nice CM Gentleman. He lined up our Preferred Room at AsMo! Then we talked tickets. I explained we at the time of this trip my DH and I would have AP's so I would only need tickets for the kids. He let me know I would have to buy tickets for them separately and then link them to the reservation in MDE. I was a little disappointed by this, because I would have liked to have it all together so I could make payments. Oh well. Since that is the case, I think I will purchase my tickets through Undercover Tourist and save a bit of money. As long as I have my tickets purchased and linked to my reservation before my 60 day mark I will be good to go for FP selections.

He then reminded me of my important dates:

9/30/15 - ADR Day!!
1/28/16 - Fast Pass Day!!

So, that means I will be making my ADR Selections before I even go on my November Trip...it's all so unbelievable to me! I'm not expecting to make too many ADR's this time around because I'm thinking we will stick with QS since we won't be on the Dining Plan this time. I do enjoy having the DDP, but it just doesn't make financial sense for us this trip. The kids both eat like birds and could easily share a Kids Meal. DS is Gluten Intolerant so I will be packing most of his food though I know Disney is pretty good with this, but he snacks a lot during the day so it will be easier to just pack his GF snacks.

I had to share the following picture with you but I wanted to give a little background. My DS has discovered the Disney Store (however he does call it Disney World and not the Disney Store). Luckily, where I live we have 2 stores close by (one at a mall and another at the Outlet Mall). He has also discovered Tsums Tsums...he loves these little things!! Well, my DH decided to be brave and take both kids to the mall by himself and he captured this picture of the kids. I think it's so cute! LOL

dh3wv5E.jpg

Now I need to talk to DD about where she wants to eat. I know BOG will be on the list, hope I have better luck with a lunch or dinner ADR during this trip then I'm having with my November Trip.

Thanks for following along and I would love to hear some feedback on AsMo from anyone who has stayed there before (btw: not too worried about their bus system since we will be driving and using the car to travel to the Parks).

Hey deedee - following along from your other PTR! How exciting to have two trips in such a short time frame! We go yearly (at least for now) and I am always so sad when I get back thinking that it will be another year, so how exciting will it be that when you get back in November that you will only have a couple of months till you are back!
tumblr_inline_mv12flsaOt1s4pjzf.gif

Love that you have such a close relationship with your stepdaughter because sometimes blended families are hard! Such a cute picture at the Disney store and we love the tsum tsums too. My daughter wasn't to buy them and take them to meet and greets!

Congrats on booking your room already and for getting APs - we've talked about doing that and doing a few quick trips but that drive is a doozy!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!

Major Changes .... yes, already!

Ok, Gang there has been some major changes to this trip already! In the end I'm very happy with the changes. As I mentioned in my opening post there was a possibility of my Mom and sister joining us at some point on this trip. Well, it's no longer just joining us at some point, it coming with us for the entire trip!! Without going into too much detail my family has had a tough year and we really feel this will be a great opportunity for my sister to spend some much needed time with her niece and nephew (aka: her Godson).

Keith and I met up with my Mom and Sister last week and we talked about the trip. I told my Mom how Joey was already talking about going on Dumbo with Nanny (no, I don't have any shame with using my kids to guilt her into a trip). My Sister hasn't been since our trip in 2007 which was just a long weekend trip. I told her even if Mom could not make it for some reason that I still wanted her to join us. She is completely onboard and we started talking money. DH and I told them that they would just need to pay for their tickets and food, we would cover the accommodations and rental car.

So, with our party expanding to 4 adults and 2 kids we have decided to stay off property (please don't throw things). We have decided to try and stay at the same place we stayed at in April 2014 (Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane). We really enjoyed it there and there was plenty of room and the location was great. I was taking a look and the prices come out to be about the same or cheaper then what DH and I were going to pay for one room at AsMo.

lWPzhyy.jpg

I love staying onsite, but with that big of a group going it's just best for us to stay off site. This will be a more budgeted trip for us all and staying off-site that helps (with meals and everything). I called the other day and cancelled our reservation which made me sad but like the CM said at least I'm still going to WDW, just sleeping somewhere different! We are all super excited to have Nanny and Tia come with us on this trip. So, there is the latest update for this PTR!

YAY! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

How exciting!!! you BOOKED and on your planning way!!! So excited for you!

Still excited, but a little disappointed we won't be onsite! :(

I've stayed twice at ASMu, but have heard that ASMo is similar. I had no issues with the rooms or the bus service. Last time that I was there in November the food court in ASMu was undergoing renovations, so I did go to ASMo several times for the food court, and it was great. Several pools to choose from, and lots of activities daily by the main pool.

I'm definitely keeping the All Star Resorts in mind for next trips. DH told me the other day he wants to go every year....YAY!!!

Hey deedee - following along from your other PTR! How exciting to have two trips in such a short time frame! We go yearly (at least for now) and I am always so sad when I get back thinking that it will be another year, so how exciting will it be that when you get back in November that you will only have a couple of months till you are back!
View attachment 109334

Love that you have such a close relationship with your stepdaughter because sometimes blended families are hard! Such a cute picture at the Disney store and we love the tsum tsums too. My daughter wasn't to buy them and take them to meet and greets!

Congrats on booking your room already and for getting APs - we've talked about doing that and doing a few quick trips but that drive is a doozy!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!

I never imagined I would have 2 trips so close together...very excited!

I agree the drive down there is definitely a tough one, but I guess we do it have it better than some! I've looked into flying but there is only one direct flight from Charlotte to Orlando and I can't justify the price. Not to mention DH is not too keen on flying at all. So, instead we drive. I'm glad we will have reinforcements (Mom and Sister) to help with the kids a bit on the ride this time around.

We would never usually get APs but with 2 trips so close together is works out cheaper for us to get them then to buy tickets individually for each trip!!! I'm not complaining!

Im so happy for you! MORE FAMILY! I am sure the other resort will be just as nice and like the CM said YOUR STILL GOING!

Im so happy for you! MORE FAMILY! I am sure the other resort will be just as nice and like the CM said YOUR STILL GOING!

The resort is wonderful!! We stayed there in April last year...so much room so we all had our own space. Great pool area too! The playground area was closed for refurbishment but all up and running now. Having a full kitchen is also nice, we have breakfast at the condo and eat one meal in the park. Helps keep cost down for everyone. ;)

The resort is wonderful!! We stayed there in April last year...so much room so we all had our own space. Great pool area too! The playground area was closed for refurbishment but all up and running now. Having a full kitchen is also nice, we have breakfast at the condo and eat one meal in the park. Helps keep cost down for everyone. ;)

This is awesome.. More space is fantastic! that's why i do love AoA. 2 bathrooms sold me and worked in the end!

So glad that your mom and sister are going this will definitely make up for staying offsite and I have friends who only stay offsite because they have large families and need more room. Like it's been said you are still going!!!

So glad that your mom and sister are going this will definitely make up for staying offsite and I have friends who only stay offsite because they have large families and need more room. Like it's been said you are still going!!!

I'm very excited about them coming along. My sister wasn't able to come on our last trip so this we be a great way for her to spend time with the kids!

Hi! Wow you're going back again! And with family! Yay!
Plans sound great. I know staying offsite may not be the same, but I think you'll be fine.
When you're with family it's nice to have everyone under the same roof, and more time can be spent together.
I can't wait to see how both your trips go! I am eagerly awaiting your TR for your honeymoon redo! F+W is awesome!
Although next year you will be there during the Flower and Garden festival, and we were amazed by it this year! It's just like F+W but with topiaries. LOL

Planning two trips at once, hats off to you! To be fair, I'm sooo tempted to start planning our November 2016 trip, but it seems a little excessive at this point, and too many details are uncertain.

Staying on property is definitely an extra magic touch, but if logic dictates off property then obviously it's good to go with what makes the most sense for you :) For the time being, I can get away from it when my wife suggests it though because she doesn't have her driver's license yet and I hate driving around my own reasonably sized city, so I'd probably have a panic attack trying to drive in Orlando.

How did I not know that you had this going on?! :eek: Not that I'm great at keeping up with threads anyhow, but I do try, I swear! And at least I made the first page, though! (Barely, but it still counts!) :thumbsup2

CONGRATULATIONS on having another trip to plan! How exciting! :woohoo:

And I often book the Villas and Seven Dwarfs for clients traveling with larger families! It's a great property! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter