YES! We are going again! Spring Break 2016 PTR! Complete: TR Link

Planning two trips at once, hats off to you! To be fair, I'm sooo tempted to start planning our November 2016 trip, but it seems a little excessive at this point, and too many details are uncertain.

Staying on property is definitely an extra magic touch, but if logic dictates off property then obviously it's good to go with what makes the most sense for you :) For the time being, I can get away from it when my wife suggests it though because she doesn't have her driver's license yet and I hate driving around my own reasonably sized city, so I'd probably have a panic attack trying to drive in Orlando.

To be honest, I have not fully committed to staying off-site yet. I know in the back of my mind that is probably what we will do, but I want to check out the AP discounts once we get them just to see if there is anything we might be interested in (talking like 2 value rooms, nothing too fancy). Again, I think we will end up in a condo, but I want to explore all options before committing anything.

My plan is to make the decision once we return from our November trip. :)

How did I not know that you had this going on?! :eek: Not that I'm great at keeping up with threads anyhow, but I do try, I swear! And at least I made the first page, though! (Barely, but it still counts!) :thumbsup2

CONGRATULATIONS on having another trip to plan! How exciting! :woohoo:

And I often book the Villas and Seven Dwarfs for clients traveling with larger families! It's a great property! ::yes::

:welcome: Welcome, my Disney Guru Buddy! :) No worries, I honestly have not done much on this PTR yet since my focus is still on the November PTR.

We stayed at Villas and Seven Dwarfs for our April 2014 trip with the Grandmas and we really enjoyed it!!! The complex is beautiful and the pool and everything is great!! However, in my book there is just not anything like staying on Disney Property. :( I know common sense dictates we should just rent a condo, but I'm not willing to confirm that yet. :)

Thanks for joining along on this report! Looking forward to your input once I get going with it...LOL!

ADR Update!

Ok gang that all important time is approaching for this trip....ADR Day. This will be a bit different since we are staying offsite I will have to log in each morning to try and get my ADRs. So, the original plan was to only have 2-3 ADRs for this trip since we are all on a tighter budget this trip. Well, I began working on the ADR list yesterday and somehow/someway I have an ADR for each day...I don't know how that happens!!!!

Here is my ADR Wish List:

3/28/15, Monday: Magic Kingdom Day -
Lunch ADR: BOG (I know this is wishful thinking, but a girl can dream)
Lunch ADR Backup: Plaza Restaurant

3/29/15, Tuesday: Animal Kingdom/Epcot Day -
Lunch ADR: Rainforest Cafe (this is one of my daughter's favorites so a must do)

3/30/15, Wednesday: Hollywood Studios/Magic Kingdom Day -
Lunch ADR: Sci-Fi (my DH's must do and I think my sister and mom will like it as well)

3/31/15, Thursday: Epcot/? Day -
Lunch ADR: Via Napoli (thought this was a good economical choice as well, we can order one of the mega pizzas and split the cost btw everyone)

4/1/15, Friday: Magic Kingdom Day -
Lunch ADR: BOG if we didn't get it on 3/28/15 or possibly the new Jungle Cruise Restaurant (once they announce ADRs and prices..LOL). If we can't snag either one of these then we will just probably do QS.

The plan is to only have lunch ADRs and eat breakfast and dinners back at the condo. We will head back to the condo after lunch for a break (this is due to the heat and the crowds). Have some time at the pool/rest, then have dinner and head back to the parks for the evenings.

So there it is...I can't even believe I'm planning this 2nd trip and I haven't even been on my 1st trip yet. Truly Blessed!!

Your ADRs look DELICIOUS! :goodvibes

Because Disney math. :teacher:

I soooooo am feeling the same way about my two trips! :cutie:

That darn Disney Math! LOL I know I may receive some complaints from the gang about having to stick to a schedule for our meals, but I also think it is important for all of us to sit down and chill out for a bit and enjoy a meal together...with our crazy lives it doesn't always happen that way!

Some great choices on your ADRs. I don't know how you are keeping everything straight trying to plan two trips but it is a problem I would like to have! :D

i love the Lunch idea!!! That's so smart! plus you picked some great places.. and yes it's impossible not to go for ADR's everyday. It's in your blood!

Some great choices on your ADRs. I don't know how you are keeping everything straight trying to plan two trips but it is a problem I would like to have! :D

I'm telling you these PTRs are helping me keep things straight. Once I'm back from the November Trip I will kick this one in high gear (along with my November TR). ;) I feel very blessed to have this "problem"!

Looks so yummy - I shouldn't read about food before supper, it leads to drooling! Nothing wrong with mid-day breaks, either. You are so efficient!

I think the breaks are important on this trip mainly because of the kiddos. Not to mention it will be hot and crowded, so I'm hoping our breaks fall right at the most crowded and hot times. :)

i love the Lunch idea!!! That's so smart! plus you picked some great places.. and yes it's impossible not to go for ADR's everyday. It's in your blood!

And to think there was a time I only stuck to Counter Service meals...LOL!

I'm telling you these PTRs are helping me keep things straight.

I completely agree. The one I am doing now is the first one I've ever done, but I think it is definitely helping keep everything straight! And the bonus is all the feedback you get and the people you get to know!!

ADR scheduling starts tomorrow!!

I honestly cannot believe it's that time already! I will be up at 6am tomorrow morning hoping to snag a lunch ADR at BOG!

Image by disneyfoodblog.com

I went out to the reservation system this morning around 8am EST just to see if there was any availability 180 days out from today (which is actually the day before our MK day), and to my surprise there were available reservations for the time we would like to go. So, fingers crossed that the same thing will happen when I log on tomorrow morning.

I'm still a little worried about the menu because I do have some picky eaters with me on this trip (mainly my DH). However, DH knows DD and I have been dying to eat here ever since our 2012 trip. I honestly think he would do better ordering off the Children's Menu...looks like there are more things on there that he would like than the regular menu. I however am pretty sure I will be trying the Croque Monsieur! Looks yummy!

On Thursday I will making our ADR for lunch at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. I honestly don't think I need to get up at 6am to make this one, but then again I will be in a lot of trouble with my DD if I can't get this reservation. :( I'm usually up by 6:15 anyway so why not give it a try. This restaurant is a family favorite...especially with the kids. I also like the fact there are plenty of choices for everyone.

Image by disneyworld.com

Friday morning I will be up again making an ADR for lunch Sci-Fi, this is my DH's must do every trip. My Mom missed out on this restaurant on our last trip, and I think my sister will like it as well. Again, I like that there are a lot of different choices here for everyone.

Image by disneyworld.com

Saturday morning I will be making a lunch ADR for Via Napoli. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I've personally been wanting to eat here for quite some time!! I image we will order one of their huge pizzas and split it (DD may want spaghetti though...lol).

Image by Google Images

Sunday morning I will be making our last lunch ADR at The Plaza. I'm not sure if we will keep this one or just stick to quick service this day, but I will go ahead and make the reservation just in case.

Image by Google Images

Well, there are my plans for the next few mornings. I swear I was just doing this for my upcoming November trip and now that trip is less than 50 days away! Again, I feel so lucky and blessed to be planning 2 Disney trips so close together!

Last edited:
ADR Morning Update!

I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats to find out if I got my Lunch ADR for 3/28/15 or not. Well...............................................

I got it!!! I snagged a lunch ADR at BOG on 3/28/15 for 6 people at 12:25pm!!!!

I find it kinda funny I was able to get one for the week of Easter (aka: busy time), but haven't been able to get one for our November Trip! Oh well, if I had to choose which trip to have this ADR for it would be for this trip because I want to experience eating here for the first time with my DD! :)

Yippee! Its going to be great!

I'm very happy I was able to get this ADR. My DD just got home from school and I showed it to her and she was so excited!! I don't even think I'm going to try and get an ADR there for our November trip anymore because I think I want to experience for the first time with the kids! :)

2nd ADR Morning Update!

So, this morning was my 2nd morning of making ADRs for this trip. The goal this morning was to make a lunch ADR at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. This is one of kids favorites so it usually ends up on the list.

I'm happy to say I was able to get an ADR for all 6 of us at 12:30! The exact time I was hoping to get! I think this will work nicely into our plans. We will spend the morning visiting the major attractions and shows, then head over for lunch. After lunch we can head back to the condo for our afternoon break.

3 more mornings for reservation making and the ADRs making will be checked off the list!

WOO! Girl, you are trucking right along with these ADRs! Sending lots more pixie dust your way! :tink:

That's awesome - I think Rainforest Cafe is going to be on my list for the next trip, whether I bring DH or not!

We really enjoy it as a family...the atmosphere is so fun for the kids and the menu has a ton of choices so usually even the pickiest of eaters (aka: my DH) can find something to eat! :)
WOO! Girl, you are trucking right along with these ADRs! Sending lots more pixie dust your way! :tink:

I hope my luck continues. I will be up in the morning making my next ADR! :)

Yay ADRs!

We are actually doing BOG twice during our upcoming trip. Both times I have told my husband that he will want to order off the kid's menu. He is pescetarian due to dietary issues and none of the options on the adult menu for lunch are things he would eat. He will have the same issue with the breakfast menu, so he will just be much happier ordering off the kid's menu to start off with. I on the other hand am quiet looking forward to the adult menu for both breakfast and lunch for me.

I had to use the website every day for our reservations as well, since we're staying off property (well split stay now, but at the time it was all off property), fortunately we are going during a slightly less busy time since I had to make reservations for 11! (13 for one meal), since it is a huge family trip.

your really getting it all done! SO happy for you!!! Love everything except Rain Forest. I just think they are overpriced for mediocre food.. yet that volcano dessert is out of this world...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter