YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. livsmom04

livsmom04 DIS Veteran

I love your voice mail message. Sounds like something I would say if I was working outside of the house. I should change up my cell phone message and see what people would do. I would definitely have gotten the coffee cake it just looked more pleasing to me. And now that it's fall time means I get my Pumpkin Spice Latte's. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WeatherbySwann

WeatherbySwann Cacaw rawr

I like your must-dos. :thumbsup2 Norway school bread is also on my list of things to try!

4. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

If you book the Airtran flight via the Southwest website, you get free bags. :)

Jill in CO

5. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Awww, that stinks about your suitcase, but I guess it was expected with so much resort hopping. Still, it looks really cool! I wish I had a Mickey suitcase. I'll just settle for the old Magical Express luggage tag that's still on it from my last trip to Disney. :goodvibes

LOL @ the sequin dress pat down. Security these days. And who knows? Probably was trying to find a price tag somewhere. I mean, what does airport security have better do? ;)

:thumbsup2 to your choice to fly SWA and in Starbucks Pastry! Southwest is by far the best airline. May not have the TVs like with JetBlue, but they are much more efficient. MUCH more. They counteract the crazy distractions and bothers by a lot, I'm sure. :teeth:

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

6. burly

burly DIS Veteran

Reading.............

Reading..............

Reading

read...........

All caught up. Loving it!

KIM

7. princess_momma

princess_momma DIS Veteran

I love your self indulgent must-do's! Ain't nothin' wrong with that!

I'm with you on the cheap vacation clothing! I've been trying to do that too and it is so fun! :goodvibes

Hooray for pre-trip haircuts!! I did that too but I think I went waaayyy too short. :headache: You guys look ammmmazzzzzing! I love it!

I also got a new camera and PhotoPass+ and MagicBands/FastPass+!! We are practically pre-trip twins!! :upsidedow

Continuing on with actual TR things...

I'm also flying SW!! (Now this is just getting spooky!)

Oh that pesky TSA!! Maybe it secretly stands for "Touch Sequins Always". Or maybe they really were a security concern! Such as lip gloss when you are a teenage girl or when you have baby food with a 10 month old. (Both of which I have had to throw away in years gone by.) OR maybe, MAYBE...even with our sequins, gloss and what have you, you and I are just ruffians and thugs who look like we would frequent the Snuggly Duckling. ;)

I'm eagerly awaiting more!!!

8. pattiken

pattiken Mouseketeer

So cute drop off photo..lol regarding security and the pat down..you know she needed to know we're you bought that adorable dress.

The whole bag thing can drive you insane. We go through more luggage because of baggage handlers it's crazy..however I have bought the cheap stuff and the expensive stuff and both options are always destroyed. One of the perks of travelling..new bags lol

We are flying southwest for the first time in 2 weeks ( Florida...not disney :( but key west with hubby.. ) and I am totally having anxiety over this. I pre booked to be in the higher group but I just don't get it...is it a free for all when you get on the plane? We better be able to sit together. I will say though free bags is awesome..it's the principle of it that I love thank you southwest for that! Woo hoo for not having to jam everything in one bag lol

9. emilyindisney

emilyindisney DIS Veteran

Love your Mickey luggage! That's a bummer that it made its last trip, but I'm not totally surprised. For something that has such a simple job, luggage is a tricky thing to buy. Sometimes you get something indestructible, and sometimes you get a future garbage bag! :rotfl:

That's pretty funny about the pat down- probably just admiring your fashionable outfit!

Cannot wait to hear more!!

10. DisneyJo

DisneyJo <font color=peach><marquee behavior=alternate>TGJ<

Loving your report so far, how fun that you and your DD get to do girly trips together :)

What a pity about your suitcase, it was so cute too!!

11. TMGosizk

TMGosizk Mouseketeer

Good start to your arrival day!! :-)

Sorry to read your Mickey luggage barely made it back! That's too bad; that was a neat piece!

The free bags on SW is just great! I've never flown them, but would over-pack even more if I did! It's already realllllyyy bad with just one bag, I can't even imagine being allowed TWO! Haha!

Anyway, Starbucks is the perfect airport breakfast stop...it's always mine, too!

Hopefully the rest of your day went smoothly as well! Can't wait to read more!!

12. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi there and thank you!! I'm glad you are enjoying this and reading along. I promise we will step foot on WDW soil soon!

At least the bag was adorable for the 3 times we used it!

I'm so glad that your post count is getting higher - even if it is because of these updates! ;)

Hi Lori. Yeah too bad since it was so well themed for our trips! I hope your Tumi travels well with you.

That's good to know about the euro.... I thought it was much higher.

I can see where adding a couple hours to your travel plans that don't get you any closer to WDW may not be an attractive flight option!

And yes, the berry version was just as delicious even if lo fat.

Ha ha! Instead of calorie counts they may just want to post signs that warn we can't be responsible if your pants don't fit tomorrow. I agree with you, it messes with the logical part of me that says do I really need that many calories? :lmao:

Since the bag didn't fit with the Vegas theme it stayed home when we saw you guys. But it did have a leg home from WDW, a trip to the Grand Calfornian and this trip = 3. That equals $60 per trip. No bueno.

And yes, it was the coffee cake was pretty tasty!

Hi D~ Thanks for joining in and I'm so excited to see you here!

Ohhh I will hang in there for the conclusion of your TR with that photo.
    I think my old beat up luggage has fared far better. I suppose I shouldn't go for looks over function.
    I think coming home it is less tolerable to be in misery on a flight with screaming kids. My tolerance level is far greater when there's a prospect of seeing a castle at the end of the day. :)

No worries. I fully welcome and encourage your creativity here!! I clicked on the link as well and am amazed that you designed such an adorable and functional bag. So many of your items make sense but are not found in most bags. The bottle holder = brilliant. As well as the small outside pockets.

AWESOME job with that!

Oh no!!!! I hope the flight wasn't too long!

13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

I know! :sad1:
    Thanks!

why thank you!

I told Em not to cut her hair short but she did and I ate my words! It was perfect. You'll have to let me know if you are brave enough to cut it short.

Ahhhhh less than 30 days! How exciting.

I see I'M going to have a hard time keeping up here!!! :rotfl2: Thanks Raina so much though! I'm very glad you are here.

Argh!!! It's moments like that that we should be allowed to travel with fly swatters!

Em says 'hi'!

Hi there and thanks wii!!!

Hi Jen and thank you so much for joining!!! I'm super excited to see you here.

I suppose the Mickey bag just had a short life span. :confused3 But it was cute.

Truth be told... I'd rather have a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit at McDonalds with a hash brown... Yum! I don't drink coffee so Starbucks is more Em's thing.

You have that kind of bad flight luck as well huh? Glad to know that it's not just me!

Wait... it was inspired not stupid, silly! So far so good.
    I know... why can't the ugly bright pink bag be the victim?
    For the open seating Rob all you would have to do is flash your Dis AP and say "do you know who I am?" I'm sure seats would vacate!

It was a sad moment Ashley. :sad1:

Ha! Your solution is brilliant!! I actually feel bad for the moms with little tiny ones, it's the bigger kids that are the issue. The ones where the parents say over and over and over...don't do ____ or I will ____ . Yeah, the kids are still waiting for the parents to do ____!!

Aha!! Thanks for clarifying. I didn't make it past Episode 1 or 4 if you are old like me and still think of the original 1977 Star Wars as #1!

Didn't she have a great idea! Love that too!

See?? Told ya, fashion accessories!!

Hi there and thanks for joining in both. We'll see how that goes. I'm a slave to the Boards! ;)

14. Brae's Mom

Brae's Mom In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

I'll come along for the ride. I read your last TR as well. I'm thinking of planning a girls only trip for me and my 13 year old DD, so you're giving me great ideas.

Can't wait to see all of your adventures.

15. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you are here and joining!!

Ha ha! I'm just glad to hear that you said it looks lovely!

Thanks Tina!

Thanks so much and I'm glad you are joining!! Welcome!!! :)

Hi Melissa! I'm so glad you are joining!

I needed an escape. It's been crazy at work and I was either going to walk away or go on a long vacation. The long vacation works better with my financial future!! :lmao:

Thanks Carol! Yeah, I was rather disappointed too.

I had to pace myself with the introduction of thousands of calories a day that I was going to consume!

Exactly, it was less than an hour flight so I could handle it.

Hi Wendy! You're funny. Yes, those bag handlers that don the white gloves and gently place luggage on the convey belts must have had a moment when they got to my bag!

Mmmmm it was!

Hi Amy! Score! Like I tell my DH, you have to actually fly to fly free!!! Or in the case of rewards points, you have to spend to fly free!!

I'm laughing at the sight of trying to roll a bag with no handle through the airport! You are probably too young to remember when bags had no wheels!! Can you imagine those old days??

Hi Paula! Good memory. Michael's bag busted so we replaced it at BLT with this one... perhaps it is passing on the bad bag karma!

I remember that you are a frequent SW flier. I'm sure not only SW airlines but Hunter appreciates the miles in your account!!

Oh my .... don't hurt yourself! :lmao:

Hi Julie! Thank you for joining. I'm so very glad that you are here! WELCOME!! :)

Hi Jennifer and hi to Rich! I'm glad to see you joining! And thanks for the compliments.

Ohhh the magic bands.. liked them in concept... some issues that I will share but great marketing ploy!! I can see that you know that now.

Wait.. pumpkin bread at Starbucks. Either it's new for the season or I missed it. I love pumpkin bread.

Wise advice from your mom... you just never know. I completely ascribe to that logic. Thus the four bags!

Hi Christen. People that don't normally respond to my serious emails certainly responded to my tongue in cheek email about my voice mail. I found some people DO have a sense of humor in my office!!

Keep reading for some sound AirTran advice.... I've not flown them so I have no frame of reference.

Perhaps change your cell message to say..."hang on I'm losing reception since I'm entering a magical place of wonder and amazement at WDW."

I'm sure you've done all of those must dos (tea, not so sure) likely a few times considering your epic trip(s)!!

16. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks for the PSA Jill! See Christen!

Hi Timmy! I agree, it didn't help that it was more like 4 trips to WDW in one vacation for that luggage!!

I love the sarcasm that SW mixes with their announcements. I can forgo a TV for cheaper fares and bags flying free. I've never flown Jet Blue so I have no frame of comparison.

I'm glad you are reading!

Hi Kim!

Thank....

you....

so ....

much!

Oh Kimmy I AM your much older Disney twin it sounds like!!

I LOVE the Tangled reference! Brilliant!

Hi Patti!

Sounds to me like I just need to stick with the cheap bags. And you know... all my cheap stuff is still in service. Hmmm...

Key West sounds like a great place to visit. It sounds like you purchased the Early Bird boarding which should guarantee boarding group A behind the business select group. So you number should be after 30 or so. With any boarding group A you will DEFINITELY be able to sit together. No worries, you should be fine. Just remember to check in 24 hrs before your flight to get the lowest number which means you board sooner. Good luck with that!!

And have a great trip!

Hi Emily!! I suppose when you think of the treatment a bag goes through it's a wonder that I haven't had more bags bust apart. Oh, wait, we did that's why we bought the Mickey bag!

They need to warn against sequins I suppose. :)

Hi Jo! thanks so much. I need to read your entire TR in your signature. I only made it to a few pages but it sounds absolutely amazing!

I am blessed to have a DD that not only indulges me with participating but she loves these trips as well. Great memory building for certain!

Hi TM! May my Mickey bag RIP!

If you brought two bags think of the stuff you could bring back with you!! Ok, or the extra shoes you could pack. The possibilities are endless. We are girls, right?

Hi Crystal. I'm so glad you are joining. Welcome!!! :)

Ahhhh I hope you have a marvelous time planning your girl trip.

17. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Friday August 16, 2013: Day 1, Part 2

So.. we were on our way... We connected in Vegas with more than an hour between flights in the same gate area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoa. When we boarded the connecting flight let me tell you I was excited to see a brand new plane. This was the 737-800 series bird. Very spiffy with a new sleek overhead design and LED lights. I likey! We chatted with the flight attendant in the back where we had deposited ourselves. Remember this because this will be resurrected later...much later...(no, this is not part of a quiz.)

[​IMG]

I attempted to take a selfie with Em.. no bueno. I felt like I had T-Rex size arms for this so Mr. Flight Attendant offered to be our photographer. Much better!

[​IMG]

Of the four movies I had just downloaded on my tablet guess which one we watched? I mean we were going to Disney right?

[​IMG]

Yeah, Identify Thief. Em chose so I told her just wait, were watching a Disney movie yet before this plane lands. Its just wrong not to, no? After the non-Disney time waster (actually it wasnt too bad), I started Tangled which used to be our traditional flying to Disney movie. See, we used to watch it on an iphone. We have since evolved with technology.

It's hard to huddle around an iphone for a movie!
    [​IMG]

10.1" Display is much better!
    [​IMG]

While watching a movie you need snacks right? We have those too. For my DR pals I actually posted a short snack update on my dining review here.

How many people bring Disney snacks WITH them to WDW?
    [​IMG]

In flight...yeah, I totally meant to take a photo of the tray table...:rolleyes1
    [​IMG]

We had a thunderstorm delay that kept us in the air an extra 25 minutes since they were holding flights at the gate due to the weather. That last half hour was a little monotonous since all approved electronic devices have been safely stowed. However, we entertained ourselves and the lucky future traveler who flips through the SW in-flight magazine in the seatback pocket in front of us and drew Mickey ears on all the people. For good measure we wrote that we would buy a Mickey treat for the lucky person that redeems our hand-made coupon at the MK but that the offer expires at midnight the following day. If only we were so benevolent!

And then we landed!!! And the excitement picked up because we were only an hour and a half from our resort. Truly!! Post faux-rail I was excited to see Mickey welcoming us. As noted, we hadn't flown SW so weve never seen this part of the airport. Well done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up: Will we be put on the correct bus this time or are we cursed?

18. fabulousfive

fabulousfive DIS Veteran

Adorable! Love all the details. Traveling there even looks like fun! Oh the suspense though....can't wait for your arrival! :)

19. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I hope so...you need to get to Disney already.

20. Grumpy's Wife

Grumpy's Wife Dollar Tree gal here

Joining in. :wave: I've enjoyed reading your reports. I look forward to hearing all about this one too.

21. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Finally got a chance to have some Dis time. Working really gets in the way of all my fun. Joining in and going back to read. You are on a roll already. So sorry to hear about your ankle. Broke mine in 2007 playing soccer. Really not a fun way to spend any amount of time. :sad: Hope it heals fast!