YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Great start on the pictures!! Can't wait to see more!

I was curious on if there was staff there! I think it would be very awesome to have a night there and a little weird as well sleeping in the middle of a Theme Park! I was going to say an empty Theme Park but I'm pretty sure its never empty with all the work that goes into making MK run every day!

Wow, I love the photos. When I make my first movie that is going to be one of the first things in my contract. Please post more photos soon.

I like the fact that no one can just buy a night there. I think it makes the suite that much more special.

Keep these posts coming, Brenda!!!

I am loving your report about the Dream Suite! I will live vicariously through you until such time that I can negotiate a clause in my next movie contract;););).

Very good tip about negotiating your contract to add the DS :thumbsup2 I know Neil Patrick Harris stayed there, probably had to do with his Candlelight Processional/hosting the Christmas parade!

I love the pictures of you guys at the desk, and I love the glass slipper and pumpkin touches!

I wasn't aware of the 2007 promotion, sadly, I knew very little about Disney World at that time. In fact, I thought Epcot was a boring museum!? I did love Disneyland but I hadn't yet become an official Disney addict until I started researching Disney World just a couple years ago. Now the hook is in deep and there's no turning back!

Sitting at that desk all day looks horribly boring, when I stay in the suite, I'll be sure to ask the attendant to do lots for me so they don't go stir crazy! :yay:

I've become such a neglectful commenter :guilty: I promise I have been reading though, and as always I'm loving your TR! :thumbsup2

All the facts you've included from your tour are great! Thank you so much for remembering/posting them. Also, props to Em for asking the hard hitting question. I've always wanted to know exactly how NPH and Tom Cruise got their way in there!

I'll be diligently watching for 'tour part 3'! :cool1:

:scratchin hmm, wonder if they will need to change that policy given that all the movie starts that are reading this TR will now add this request to their movie contracts. Wonder where they draw the line on who can demand it. Like, obviously Tom Cruise can, but what if Tara Reid or Paulie Shore demands it? Maybe they just can get the pig trough on Pirates of the Caribbean ;)

I too loved the (two) Year(s) of (two) Million Dreams! Only promotion I actually won something. Nothing big, but as we were about to "soar" on Soarin' a CM came in and gave everyone special Year of a Million Dreams Ears.

Taught me a lesson that I clearly need to dream bigger though ;)

My wife is much like you when it comes to impulse buying; She is the one that is more reserved and thinks it through. As for me, when I turned 40 I purchased a "Screaming Yellow" 2014 Mach 1 Mustang. I warned her that I would love to see the 2015 Mustang Shelby GT350... Oh, I turn 50 in five days. :rotfl:

Happy Belated Birthday, Bob!!!

party: :bday:party:

Well I'm already in Dream Suite heaven and we haven't made it past the elevators yet...:rotfl: Needless to say, I cannot wait for the rest. popcorn::

I sure wish I had you and your DH's photo skills that day. Which reminds me... Em thought about running back to our room at YC and getting her Canon 40D camera but she gave up that idea since the lens she had on it would not have done well since it was a macro lens (? or something like that).

I'm with you on that one, since I know exactly nothing about how to use them fancy shmancy cameras! :confused3 :lmao: But I know what you mean! You would be definitely wishing for top of the line camera equipment & knowledge when you have the opportunity to tour the DS!!!

How AMAZING! I look forward to hearing more of the details and story behind the suite. I had no idea the Dream Suite was so new! I must have read some of the incorrect internet lore that said otherwise. I confess that I feel a little better knowing how Tom Cruise got to stay in the suite. Thanks Emmy, for asking the question! Maybe I'm just selfish but it's nice to know a celebrity can't just call up and stay in the suite. I would much rather someone like littlenellbell be able to stay there.

Attempting to get through some replies tonight. I have a long weekend due to the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday so hopefully I can get caught up herd and with my subscriptions for which I'm pathetically behind. :sad2:

Very cool! Nice to know how you actually get the suite - follow in Tom Cruise's footsteps. I would venture to say the suite is unoccupied most of the the time. How cool would it be to be the CM working there when it is occupied. The whole suite holds such mystery. How fortunate you were to get to see it.

Darn boards. More please!

The suite isn't occupied but a few times a month according to our guide.

Definitely there is a lot of curiosity involved in the suite.

I suppose I could solve the problem of running out of Dis time at 1am if I start sooner!

I was really surprised to find out that the dream suite is less than seven years old. I thought that it was built for Walt Disney himself to stay in when he visited WDW. But now that I've seen how ornate it is, I can see that it wasn't set up for him. What was there before this one?

Good point Sue. I know there were several questions regarding that fact so let me try to clarify.... The structure and the rooms inside the castle were always there. However, the design of the actual Dream Suite was not done until 2007. Whether it was intended for use by Walt himself or not I can't answer. Since he died in 1968, 3 years before WDW opened they may have had a plan for something for Walt inside the castle.

I know at Disneyland, Walt's apartment was above the firehouse. The Dream Suite in California was designed for Roy Disney and repurposed a few times.

I've toured the DS at DL as well.... the photos below are from that tour. Here's a link to this VIP tour I took a couple years ago.

DSC04082.jpg

My friend is not a photographer! :lmao:
DSC04084.jpg

DSC04100.jpg

My second cousin won four nights in the DS two years ago! I was insanely jealous.
Man oh man. It's absolutely stunning! Every single detail is fantastic! I'm with Mary Ellen, more! More! Hehe

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4 nights is INSANE! I can't even imagine one night but FOUR!! :dance3: I would have become their favorite cousin real quick!

How awesome!!! I just love it so far! I cannot imagine being lucky enough to win a night there.

D~

I agree! That would be so insanely incredible!

Yea, Yea, Yea...dream suite tour! pixiedust:

I think if I ever got to stay there, I would have to stay up all night taking pictures and making sure that I got to take it all in. Who could calm down enough to sleep???

Christine

I'm with you Christine. I'd not sleep a wink so I could remember every detail of every minute. You can always sleep another time right?

I'm going to guess that he either has his camera set up to take three consecutive shots at 3 different exposure settings (did he use the term "bracketing"?) to process it later for creating HDR photos (those are the pictures that look like paintings so to speak) or he's taking three straight foward consecutive shots just so he could merge them or overlay them on photoshop. Either way, I'm very jealous that he got to photograph the DS! ;)

Yay! We made it in! Not sure how comfortable I would be if I were the CM having to sit at that desk for a prolonged period of time. The space feels a bit tight. Hope they have good wifi signal in there for the CM ;)

I think it's a good thing Disney limits who gets to use the DS even for celebrities. We definitely don't want Bieber going in there and trashing the place. :rolleyes1

Dave, all good guesses I suppose. I have no idea. We'll go with your explanation. I don't recall "bracketing" but then again I didn't pay too much attention to him! Ha ha! ;)

It is a small room but I don't know if they sit there the entire time. There's a door behind the desk where CRT is... I think there are a lot more mysterious rooms/offices/space inside the Castle... but I'm not positive. Ha ha!! Yes, you need wifi for sure, in fact, hang on to that thought....

Exactly, if Biebs brought a sack of eggs I'd be a little upset! :rotfl2:

Yay!!! You are inside! Loved the update. Thank you for being so descriptive with everything you remember. I was very surprised to read that they don't rent the suite out when it is not being given away. It's not like Disney to miss out on a financial opportunity. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks Linda! I have a lot of details that I wrote down. Not sure if anyone really wants to hear all of it but that's why I'll include as many photos as I have as well.

You bring up a very good point. Disney doesn't "sell" the suite no matter how lucrative it would be since they want to keep it unique and special. It was built for the guests that were lucky enough to be recipients of the most amazing "grand prize" Year of a Million Dreams give-away. (The exception that is pointed out is the contract obligations and such.)

Thanks for sharing all the detail! I too have wondered if it's a giveaway for us commoners but can be reserved by celebs. Tom Cruise was the one that came to mind for me too!

2 CMs at our beck and call? I suppose I could get used to that! :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

Tom Cruise immediately came to mind when our guide said that they don't "sell" it. We asked and the clarification was that it was written into his contract. Just goes to show that there really is a "price". :)

Yeah! You are in! Waiting for more...

Yay!! :yay: Hang in there....

Teaser!!!!!!!!!!! Still, the entry is amazing!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for more. I love that it's rarely used or offered, as it should be. Makes it that much more special but I too am a bit shocked it's only been around 7 years!

Impressive!!!!!! I can't do the treadmill. The dreadmill. I seriously am convinced I am going to fall off. I'm an outside girl though anyway, I don't think I could run if it was only treadmill. Part of it is that I run with my glasses on, but don't use them in the gym. The screens really bug me on the treadmill as they are just slightly blurry and then I feel disoriented (not that I wasn't already with the whole falling off fear). And, for some reason it really seems to give me shin splints in a way I never get outside. I've tried messing with the settings/incline but have decided that unless there is a snowstorm (and then I'm not driving to the gym anyway!) I'll limit my gym equipment to things I actually enjoy. Which, in the winter does mean my miles go down. Not that they are that high to begin with anyway. No matter what size you are, you can still feel beached and bloated whether you resemble it or not. That's the worst part about the post vacation hangover if you ask me. So worth it at the time but ugh when you get back.

I have to say though, for as much as I despise running in the dark it was amazing the difference 50 degrees and a full moon made. I felt blessed by having blown it off on Sunday, it was almost...lovely out. Actually it was. Plus I could SEE! Probably the first time that I can think of since I started running at night where I actually really and truly enjoyed it. And went farther and made my family eat later as a result. :rotfl2:

I have one of those soft deck treadmills which has always provided a comfortable run but outside definitely makes the time go quicker since it is scenic!

Again, you look absolutely fabulous so there! :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, your statement about your family eating later because of your run is very familiar. When I was running a lot my husband would ask me when I'd be done so I could get dinner moving!! :lmao: Maybe that's why I ran so long... sending a message to help himself to the stove he doesn't need me. Ha ha!

Ah, the post I've been anxiously awaiting Brenda!!! Love getting a glimpse of the Dream Suite. I suppose it used to just be empty space? Crazy! Look forward to seeing more!

Well, there's your glimpse!

There was something there, we just didn't get that history in the tour. If you wiki the Cinderella Castle it gives more information although some is uncited.

Thanks Charlotte!

I have heard that the space was intended to eventually be an apartment for Walt and his family but due to his death it was never built.

It is so beautiful! Wish I could be lucky enough to stay there someday!

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! That could be. Not sure since that is the story for the DL Dream Suite for sure which makes sense since Walt was involved in the design for that space. Anyone here who is a Club 33 member would have more information on those facts since some of that space later became Club 33. (And if you are a Club 33 member I want to meet you!! :lmao:)

But you are right, it is so very beautiful. :love:

Oh my gosh Brenda! My heart is racing just reading this! I probably would of hyperventilated and probably been shaking had I been there! I probably wouldn't of even been able to get any clear photos! eeee!!

Hi Maddie! I think I did a little bit of that! I know I had to control myself since I didn't want to dork out too much. ;)

Jill is right, Cindy's suite was originally built as an Apt. for Walt and his family, as well as for the executives of Disney to be able to stay there when needed.

Upon Walt's death (five years before the park was opened) the plans for the apt. were never completed, I've read somewhere it was because Roy didn't have the heart to finish it through knowing Walt would never stay there. :sad1:

The space was still factored into the plans (as Walt designed it), but instead it was turned into a call center/switch board, where Disney phone operators took calls, and then later it eventually became a dressing room.
The rest is history because as you know in 2007 it became the suite for the Year of A Million Dreams promotion and has been there ever since. :goodvibes

And I couldn't agree more, it shouldn't be easily used for just anything and anyone, otherwise it wouldn't be special and mysterious and coveted by us all. :rotfl:

Hi Camille. You are right that the suite had other purposes for many years until 2007. I'm just not sure about the intent to build it for Walt and his family. (Emphasis on I'M not sure since I may not have paid attention so I'm not saying you are wrong! :))

However, the DS in DL as noted in my prior post above was built with Walt in mind. He wanted a Jazz club that he and his associates could enjoy after the kids were in bed. Both the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and the VIP tour I took filled in the story for that space. In any event, it is spectacular enough that it makes sense that it would have been built with Walt (or Roy) in mind.

I suppose with such exclusivity it keeps the mystery alive. :laughing:

You are killing me, my friend. Just when I think we're really getting into this tour, you tease us with the breezeway and the elevator. :faint:

But what a beautiful elevator it is. I just love all of the little details.

I've been meaning to send you a message...but things have been a little hectic with my family.

We can make our ADR's on March 23 for our September trip. Are you, Michael, Mark and I going to have a meal together on one of the two days we overlap?

Not meaning to kill you!! Perhaps just a little suspense but no coronaries are intended. :rotfl2:

You can bug Michael since I can't get a commitment from him for the Sept. dates at this time. He says get May out of the way and then worry about fall. Poor guy, he doesn't get it. :(

Hi Just stumbled onto your report and I can't even get past your intro without wanting to steal this "I truly believe that if I don't have a Disney trip to plan my life would be empty and meaningless" :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc ok -- now onto reading all about everything! Can't wait!popcorn::

Welcome and thank you for reading!!

Please feel free to use my mantra phrase! :laughing: Yes, perhaps a bit of an exaggeration but you get it right?

Disney definitely needs to hire us as plaids!! I hear they usually promote from within but I think our extensive Disney knowledge (& wardrobe) should be enough for them. :)

Oh my gosh, I am loving the dream suite so far!! The flower arrangement is gorgeous. I love how old it feels, like it's been there forever. All of the pumpkin touches are adorable. The glass slipper too, so perfect. I cannot wait to see & hear more!

Oh & yes, we were in the polar vortex over the holidays but luckily we got out before Chicago was referred to as Chiberia! It snowed every single day we were in Michigan. It was so crazy, I haven't seen weather like that since I was a child! I hear it got "cold" in your neck of the woods too. We should have all flew south to Celebration!

We'd rock the plaid outfits Jennifer. :thumbsup2 Definitely our sparkling personalities and abundance of Disney knowledge puts us ahead of others.

Ever single detail of the suite is perfectly planed.

I thought of you and that weather when I saw your FB posts. It was a chill 75! Actually when it gets into the 40s at night that's cold for us. We're such wimps.

Yay we're inside now! :cool1: I didn't know it was built specifically for that promotion. I thought it was way older than that, but still cool nonetheless!

Hi Lesha! You are right that the "space" so to speak is older, they just didn't build the DS until 2007. It may make more sense when I show more photos of the space. Hopefully. :)

Thanks for continuing to read.

BTW: I'm thinking of you as I'm planning my next trip in April/May since I really want a 1 bedroom villa at Jambo House. It reminds me of your spectacular room.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

First, I LOVE that you can't just open the chequebook and buy a night any time you feel like it. I will make sure to include it in my next movie contract though.

I really miss (two) year(s) of a Million Dreams. Best Disney promotion ever. Not that I one anything, but it was still cool.

OK, so there's no Magic Band Mickey Reader to enter? Weird, lol.

OMG I adore that the clock is at midnight. So wonderful considering how few actually ever even see it.

We're almost there... :hyper:

If you can open your checkbook (I refuse to spell Canadian!) to buy a night in the DS then you can certainly afford that Swarovski crystal castle right? I thought you'd like that little hint about throwing in a night in the DS for your next movie contract. ;)

Nope, no MB reader. They do have "keys" to the suite.... I'll share at the end of the tour.

It's all in the details... yep, that clock is Brilliant!

Hang on.... a few more steps and we're in.

We're inside the Dream Suite now! YAAAYY! :banana::banana:

You're still teasing us all with just the entryway and the elevator... but it's all gorgeous so far! :love: You look great sitting behind that desk. You should tell Disney they need to hire you! :)

Yay! That banana dude is well deserved!!

I'm telling you, I should send in my resume now and tell them my size for one of those little plaid uniforms! :)

Oh wow, how cool is this !!!!!
I am so happy that you and Em got this amazing opportunity especially as you are now going to share all those wonderful details and photos with us :)

Hi Linda! Thanks. I'm so glad that you are reading along. :goodvibes it was great to share this with Em.

Great start on the pictures!! Can't wait to see more!

I was curious on if there was staff there! I think it would be very awesome to have a night there and a little weird as well sleeping in the middle of a Theme Park! I was going to say an empty Theme Park but I'm pretty sure its never empty with all the work that goes into making MK run every day!

Wouldn't that be the coolest thing to know that you are in the epicenter of WDW for the night!! I'd want to parade around in my PJs in the middle of the night out on Main Street, who cares if there are workers out there all night! :laughing:

Wow, I love the photos. When I make my first movie that is going to be one of the first things in my contract. Please post more photos soon.

Thank you! Who needs millions, we just want the VIP Disney treatment! ::yes::

I like the fact that no one can just buy a night there. I think it makes the suite that much more special.

Keep these posts coming, Brenda!!!

Can you imagine if the DS was DVC? In a selfish way I'm glad you can't buy a night since we'd not get a tour since you may see people lounging around in their underpants in the DS. :duck:

Thanks Annie.... definitely more coming up.

I am loving your report about the Dream Suite! I will live vicariously through you until such time that I can negotiate a clause in my next movie contract;)

Thank you! Yes, don't forget that DS clause. You can't leave anything on the table with those contracts. :)

Such a cute picture of you at the desk! Can't wait for more pics!

Thank you Kylie!

Very good tip about negotiating your contract to add the DS :thumbsup2 I know Neil Patrick Harris stayed there, probably had to do with his Candlelight Processional/hosting the Christmas parade!

I love the pictures of you guys at the desk, and I love the glass slipper and pumpkin touches!

I saw him in the guest book from Kristy's TR. Pretty impressive. I agree, he probably had something in his contract for the work he did during the Christmas parade/CP hosting duties.

All those details were spectacular.

I wasn't aware of the 2007 promotion, sadly, I knew very little about Disney World at that time. In fact, I thought Epcot was a boring museum!? I did love Disneyland but I hadn't yet become an official Disney addict until I started researching Disney World just a couple years ago. Now the hook is in deep and there's no turning back!

Sitting at that desk all day looks horribly boring, when I stay in the suite, I'll be sure to ask the attendant to do lots for me so they don't go stir crazy!

Hi Laurie! See how far you have come? I am a transformation story too. I saw the Disney light in 2010 so I'm new to the obsession too!

Ha ha! You are too kind wanting to keep the CM busy. You could invite them up to play chess or watch a movie with you. I wonder if they read bed-time stories?

I've become such a neglectful commenter :guilty: I promise I have been reading though, and as always I'm loving your TR! :thumbsup2

All the facts you've included from your tour are great! Thank you so much for remembering/posting them. Also, props to Em for asking the hard hitting question. I've always wanted to know exactly how NPH and Tom Cruise got their way in there!

I'll be diligently watching for 'tour part 3'!

No worries I think you are busy putting in the miles for your runDisney event!!

I wrote all the details down that night so I'd remember - I didn't want to forget anything since we knew how special it was.

There are definitely celebrities associated with Disney that get the awesome privilege of staying in the DS.

Thanks for hanging in there with part 3.

:scratchin hmm, wonder if they will need to change that policy given that all the movie starts that are reading this TR will now add this request to their movie contracts. Wonder where they draw the line on who can demand it. Like, obviously Tom Cruise can, but what if Tara Reid or Paulie Shore demands it? Maybe they just can get the pig trough on Pirates of the Caribbean.

I too loved the (two) Year(s) of (two) Million Dreams! Only promotion I actually won something. Nothing big, but as we were about to "soar" on Soarin' a CM came in and gave everyone special Year of a Million Dreams Ears.

Taught me a lesson that I clearly need to dream bigger though ;)

Ha ha Phil, you're funny! :lmao: Can you imagine if you are the DS decision maker. Yes to Tom Cruise, we'll think about it for Honey Boo Boo and nope, Country Bear Jamboree for you Miley Cyrus! :happytv:

I thought you were going to say that you got Soarin FP - after the wait. Ears are cool though. I suppose you didn't ask, "can you do any better?"

Yes, Dream big... you never know. You may be the next recipient of lifetime passes to Disney.

EEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!

It's happening!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

::yes:: We are inside the DS!

Well I'm already in Dream Suite heaven and we haven't made it past the elevators yet...:rotfl: Needless to say, I cannot wait for the rest. popcorn::

Thanks Alicia! I'm glad you brought the popcorn. It will tide you over until the next update. :laughing:

Woo Hoo! We are in and moving on up! :cool1:

Hi Chris! Yes, we are moving along.... one more door is in our way. :goodvibes

I'm with you on that one, since I know exactly nothing about how to use them fancy shmancy cameras! :confused3 :lmao: But I know what you mean! You would be definitely wishing for top of the line camera equipment & knowledge when you have the opportunity to tour the DS!!!

iphones worked in a pinch. :) As you can see, I took some cruddy photos so I'll have to rely on the photo CD from the photographer for the quality photos.

How AMAZING! I look forward to hearing more of the details and story behind the suite. I had no idea the Dream Suite was so new! I must have read some of the incorrect internet lore that said otherwise. I confess that I feel a little better knowing how Tom Cruise got to stay in the suite. Thanks Emmy, for asking the question! Maybe I'm just selfish but it's nice to know a celebrity can't just call up and stay in the suite. I would much rather someone like littlenellbell be able to stay there.

There may be some truth to the internet lore.. :confused3 However, the space was not build in its current version until 2007.

Exactly, I agree. It is good to know that regular families can be awarded the spectacular opportunity to stay in the DS. And even better those like Kristy come back and share their stories.

Yes, I totally agree! I'm glad someone like littlenellbell got to stay there too!:thumbsup2:rotfl:

I was also told that no celebrity or anyone can "buy" their way in. I was told a celebrity usually stays there because of something they have done or are doing for Disney. Celebrities who have performed for the Christmas Parade, Candlelight Processional, celebrity chefs for Food and Wine, HGTV stars who are there for Flower and Garden, ESPN weekend etc. They will also give away nights to big Corporate sponsors of Disney. Those sponsors could raffle it off to a lucky employee or maybe the CEO would stay. Sometimes Disney will also give away a night when there is a big Convention going on as a prize. They also give nights away for Sweepstakes, like the one I won with Delta Vacations. Delta Vacations promoted Disney vacation packages along with their "Cinderella Castle Suite sweepstakes" advertisement. I'm sure with all the vacation packages Delta sold, it was worthwhile to give Delta the suite for the night as part of their giveaway. All of these things bring Disney big $$ and Disney uses the Suite as a thank you!
I do think it makes it more special that you can not buy a night there. I just wish they would give more nights away. It's a shame that it's vacant on most nights. I'd love for more regular families to get to have this wonderful experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter