YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Leshaface

Leshaface DIS Veteran

My goodness does the Mayor love you. Is there a Mrs. Mayor? If not, i'm sure he'd pick you! :rotfl2:

Great Dooney purchase. Now you'll always correlate your DS high with the bag :goodvibes

NOOOOO! Hate mail being sent.....now!;) Very excited for the tour :hyper:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Argh! I just noticed that the responses I did last night didn't update for some of these so.... trying again. I don't want some of you to think I'm ignoring you!

Hi Bob! Welcome back. Sorry that our December dates didn't overlap. It would have been wonderful to meet you.

Ha ha! Don't forget, thanks, I do believe we are free at 3pm to be the parade Grand Marshals! :laughing:

Ahhh I'm sure your DW is very glad that the slipper fit - even all these years later. I've seen a family photo that you posted before and there's definitely a true love look in her eyes!

:blush:

Happy early birthday! I'm 90 days behind you my friend. This is my big 5-0 year as well.

Here's a little something for you... it's the least I could do. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Very well done! What a great bag and perfect timing for the Dismeet. :thumbsup2 Your DW may take more frequent bio breaks in the future....

Thank you so much Bob! Your kind comments are always appreciated! I definitely look forward to your responses and although I can't actually send a brand new Mustang for your birthday I can send warm wishes and let you know that I'm glad you are following along! :goodvibes

Hi Christine! There has to be a stopping place somewhere... :rotfl:

I didn't realize there were different Dooney bag "patterns" either. Marie is so cute so I stopped looking when I saw her.

I have a feeling that Becky is aware of the attention her hubby receives. :rolleyes1

That Mayor would be an HR nightmare for my company! Good thing he's only interfacing with complete strangers on Main Street USA!

Honestly, we've just been very lucky!

That gal in the parade with us (Devon) does look like Miranda Lambert. Now that you mention it, I completely agree.

Hi Lauren!
    Thanks, the suite is only mildly spectacular to put it lightly!

I can dodge the Mayor's lip kisses pretty good but goodness, it is becoming a sport!

Dean's book is a slice of life right from Main Street MK where he transformed the vacation experience of so many people and did such a good job doing it. Knowing first-hand how that happened I can tell you that my perspective of the book may be a little skewed but the stories are absolutely wonderful. :)

4. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi there! You were one of my page 1 shout outs for the top thread! I'm so glad to hear that despite the craziness of life you are hanging in here and following along. :)

Ha ha! The PP photographer had to ask about all of our relationship to get that pose to work. It was their anniversary so it was cute.

For the next encounter I'm going to ask him for a ring before he goes any further! :laughing:

I agree Rob! We were incredibly lucky.

Dean trying to dance.... it's rather like this guy :dancer: attempting to do Swan Lake at the ballet!

The perfect stopping point for me doesn't mean it is for everyone else! :lmao:

Hi Jo! I'm killin' ya right!

We were only there for an hour but I think I remember all the details... or it could be that I've seen the photos 135 times! :) Seriously though I'm so glad that I was able to read about your trip and staying there since that is the ultimate dream! :thumbsup2

Hi Maddie! It was late and I was tired! How's that for a reason? :laughing:

I'm glad you are reading and looking forward to the next update!

So my perception of winter in the burbs is not too far off I see! That's too funny.

I'm glad you are anticipating the next update.... I'm still juggling my dining review and now a group dining review from our December dates so I'm plenty busy. So much so that I haven't started the Dec. TR. (In case anyone else wanted an update on that as well. :))

5. Leshaface

Leshaface DIS Veteran

That's the reason I haven't been on the past few days as well..painting the Master bedroom. One of my New Year resolutions and it's done! :cool1: Sadly, DH got suckered into my NY resolution. Something he wasn't expecting to be doing :rotfl:

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Me, too! Me, too!

May I also have a virtual mustang?

7. Moira222

Moira222 Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

The FB group is Disney World Addicts :)

Brenda, I am all caught up and then some. What a great TR so far! I have popped back through to a few of your past TRs and some of your DRs.

I read about some of your meets with KatMark on her TR, but its so much fun to hear from your side too. And you and your daughter are so beautiful and just seem to have so much fun together enjoying each other's company. awesome! Hope my relationship with my DD (10 now) is that good in 8 years!

You've had a great trip so far, such fun DISMeets.
    and
    OMG :cool1: I can only imagine the excitement when you found you were were going to tour Cinderella's suite. Frankly just spending the morning with Dean and all of the fun interactions you had with the Mayor and the Main Street cast members would make it a memorable trip. but the Castle?

the anticipation is building....

8. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks Kathy! That's my look as long as the candy isn't chocolate! (ick!) :rotfl2:

I'm expecting to have another update this weekend. :)

Lisa, thanks! We went into the day expecting to meet up with an old Disney CM and ended with a friend with whom we are so very grateful for his kindness.

Truly! The Mayor needs to find another place for his lips!

Ahhh so you were one of those who had the scoop from our lunch so this was like a re-run. ;)

It appears your mom and me have yet another thing in common besides adorable daughters.

Definitely no Mayor allowed in the castle!

HI there Wanna be Ariel! I'm glad that your are reading! :) Welcome!

I think the Mayor said that he liked red-heads. It must be something like that. ;)

Awww I'm glad you are anticipating the next update that I promise will contain more than a glimpse. Thank you for reading.

Less Mayor, More Trip.... I hear ya! :)

9. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

I LOVE your gifs Phil. Very appropriate.

I thought they'd just let us loose in the suite unsupervised but I suppose they didn't trust us to not bounce on the beds and invite all of our friends for a blow out party! party:

Hi Jennifer! Thanks we did! Didn't you do some traveling over the holidays?

I agree! MORE BUSES! We had an all-time record wait last trip after park close. They had personnel coming over and take us to another bus we waited so long. I'm grateful that someone was there to assist though.

Can you imagine watching your gal Ariel in a movie on the beach? It would be awesome! Richard can bring you a cocktail!

I want to be a plaid too!! After taking the KTTK tour I decided that I could totally do that job. They should just call me now and make me an offer. :p I could see you doing that.

Hi Linda! I know, I'm mean like that.

I have no secrets. I'm just annoyingly chatty and corner them for photos every trip! So sorry for the cliff hanger!

Ha ha! Yes, so close! :rotfl2: Awww thank you so much Dee. We were and are very grateful for a number of people who made this happen. As Dean said, he made a career out of asking people outrageous requests that they had an opportunity to say 'no' to. The other people involved in making the decision for go/no-go could have said no... they didn't owe us anything and we are nobody!

We had some fun with the photos and seeing Dean try to dance like Barb - complete fail but hilarious nonetheless!

I'm looking forward to hearing the "daddy" story. That's got to be funny.

Thanks, I do. :)

Paula, thanks for dropping by! :) I suppose more people are sleeping at 1am California time so if they must do maintenance I guess I can sacrifice or rather head to bed.

10. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

I’m back and ready to read all about this AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! I can’t believe how excited you guys must have been when you found out, like, I’m pretty sure I would legit cry so so hard, it would be insane!

Great pictures and stories from the meet, MiSi would be such a great backdrop for that experience lol! AAAARRRG SO FREAKING CLOSE SUCH A TEASE RIGHT NOW I AM DYING

But seriously, beyond amazing that this happened and I cannot wait to read all about it!

11. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi there! And I'm very glad to have you reading along!! Thank you so much!

This day is probably a bad example of our normal park touring but yes, we do attractions. :)

And YES! I stand corrected! Dorethea Redmond did design the mosaic in that corridor! Mary Blair did the mosaic in the Contemporary Resort.

I believe Dorthea also did the artwork in the Parfumerie in New Orleans Square at DL. Please correct me if I'm wrong since I don't want to be a source of incorrect information, again! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again for joining!

People with heart conditions may need to sit this one out! ;)

I agree, that was good! :laughing:

Hi Dani! Ahhh our friend Rob! He's spoken highly of your TRs. I'm guilty of the same with your TR and I do believe that your are a Premier pass holder AND a DVC owner?? See? I've lurked enough to know that much so now that we are getting to know each other I have no excuse not to be super friendly and go to your TR and say hi!! :thumbsup2

Seriously, I'm go glad that you popped in! Even if you don't have time to follow one more TR I'm so glad that that you are here letting me know that have peeked.

Thanks Sandra! Like I've said before, he's going to have to put a ring on it next time!

12. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Wow! Cynthia you really read though to get caught up. I'm super impressed!

Thank you Cynthia!

13. gracer9977

gracer9977 Happiness is Disney

Wow Brenda, What a great day you and Em are having!!!! :banana:

I love that first picture with Dean and his wife and you and Em covering your eyes. So cute!! Actually all the pictures are so great, it looks like you are all having such a wonderful time. :)

OMG!!!! How exciting to get the news that you get to tour the suite!!! I think I might have passed out if someone told me I could go in the suite. :faint:

I have read littlenellbell and DisneyJo's TR's about staying in the suite so I know what it looks like but I really can't wait to read about your experience and see what you took pictures of.

I would probably be running around in excitement. :)

Looking forward to your next update. :yay:

14. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Bridget! You are not nosey at all. We met Dean when he worked as the Grand Marshal host and we met the others really from just passing through on Main Street and stopping for photos. Dean knows a lot more people... I may have to start my Dec. TR so I can share more. :)

Thanks, it truly was.

Hi Jenny! You have perfect timing. I'm so glad to see you again! Thank you for reading. :goodvibes

I hadn't planned that ahead of time but it was the perfect stopping point. I'm just a little bummed that the photo is so blurry.

Thanks and I'm glad you are anxious to read the next part.

Hi Kimmy! Your comment makes me wonder what it would be like if Disney removed so much of the entertainment that makes the park experience so special. We may as well head to Gatorland! :rotfl2:

Ha ha! I can totally picture you re-creating the one-person wave.

You are going to have to pace yourself when we get to the next update, I don't want you hyperventilating! ;) You are too cute.

Hi! I had a moment when I thought, "wait, what? Did he ask if we could tour INSIDE the DS?" That was an offer I wasn't going to refuse. :upsidedow

I sure wish I had you and your DH's photo skills that day. Which reminds me... Em thought about running back to our room at YC and getting her Canon 40D camera but she gave up that idea since the lens she had on it would not have done well since it was a macro lens (? or something like that).

I do like older men but that's a bit of a stretch! Goodness, if there's a Mrs. Mayor around she needs to keep an eye on her man much better.

I agree, a great little remembrance of the day. :)

Wow! It's only the 10th of the month and you already have a resolution resolved! :)

I love new paint smell! I imagine your bedroom looks fabulous! At least you marked something off your resolution list and your DH has a happy wife. I say win-win. Did you have to purchase new bedding too? That was my excuse when we painted the bedroom.

Are you sure you don't want one of these?
    [​IMG]

It's so funny but I just don't see myself as Disney obsessed. Denial or simply that there's others' worse than me!

Gawsh! Thanks! I like reading the flip side of encounters as well. Kathy and Mark are great people!

I'm definitely blessed that Em and I have such a close relationship and that she wants to travel with me for girl trips. :)

Exactly! I was happy just getting caught up with Dean and meeting his wife. Truly that would have been enough to make our day special.

Thanks for joining in and following along.

Welcome back Katt! Your trip went fast. Loved your FB posts from the trip.

I may have cried a little....I think after it was all done and over is when the complete absurdity of what we had just done hit us.

Don't die on me, you won't be able to see the photos! :lmao:

15. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

Hey Brenda, I am beyond jealous that you got to see Cindy's suite. I would love to see it IRL, as I'm sure many others would.

Got to admit, I haven't been keeping up with this and fast-forwarded so I could get to the first part of the tour so now, like a good girl, I will go back and read the rest.

16. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Joh!! I'm beyond thrilled to see you drop by!! :wave2: Actually this is more my reaction >>> :dance3: We miss you and Gary and of course Daniel.

No worries, I know you are a busy gal.

I just noticed your new TR link. I need to pop over and check you out. :)

17. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Ok, Brenda. You have rested enough after all the carpeting laying and painting and work stuff. What is behind the door!!!!!!!! I'm dying here. :lmao:

Seriously, wish I could get my rear end motivated to do all that. But we just repainted and stuff last year. Right now I am just needing to take down the Christmas decorations. After being on vacation for two weeks I am still trying to catch up on sleep and the DIS. But it will come down today.

Can't wait to see what is in your next update! :goodvibes

18. Carable

Carable Mouseketeer

WOW! I, like a previous poster, skipped ahead when I saw Day 8 appear and I am beyond excited to see what's behind that door. AND I'm totally going to be pointing it out to my kiddos when we go there this August. You know so many fabulous Disney people, and it must have been so exciting to be there with them in such a magical place. I will now go back and read the last few days before this waiting not-so-patiently for an update. LOL.

PS...trying to put together a Disneyland Spring Break trip....Jess' twitter updates have me so nostalgic to go back.

19. Tinkercc

Tinkercc Mouseketeer

Hi Brenda,
    I don't post a lot on the boards, but I had to tell you how wonderful your trip report is!! I can't wait for the next update.

20. PolyLover

PolyLover Mouseketeer

Brenda, I read your last trip report and LOVED it and admittedly just stumbled upon this new trip! I can NOT wait to see the pictures and read your commentary on the castle suite :cheer2: You two sure know how to do Disney! I was shocked and thrilled for you with the upgrade at the Yacht Club to the Admiral's Suite last trip and now a tour of the castle suite! I can only imagine what your next trip will hold!

21. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I agree! The horrible bus situation at park close is why we seldom saw the fireworks at MK when staying at the BC and never saw Illuminations when staying at WL. Our favorite things to do are walking into Epcot from the BC to watch Illuminations and walking to the beach at WL to see Wishes. It is the best of both worlds. :)

Deluxe resorts really get a bad deal when it comes to buses.

I think I know where the door to the Dream Suite is, but I'm going to check it out next time we are there. And I'm going to look harder at the castle windows, too. I want to get idea of where everything is in the castle. ;)