YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

That mayor.....my, my, my. You must have smiled at him just right. He was just Frisky!!! He was enjoying his job a bit much for me. THE SUITE!!!! I scream in anticipation. Doing my best to wait for more patiently. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Okay...the Mayor is a little overboard and is getting creepy! :crazy2:Yeesh!

More trip report, please! :)

OMG! OMG! It's started!!!!

Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

... though, it just ended when it was getting good! So perhaps this gif is more accurate

Bunny%252BDrawing%252Band%252BCarrot%252BGif%252Bfrom%252Bbrighteyeslover66%252Bon%252Bphotobucket.gif

;)

In all seriousness though - it is super cool that not only are you allowed in to see the suite but you have an official guide explaining all the details - beyond awesome!

Oh man, I am so behind! I feel so ashamed. I hope you & your family had a WONDERFUL holiday season!

Yes, disney needs more buses. There is nothing worse than getting on a packed bus at the end of the night after waiting for one for 25 minutes. I know you have a ton of money guys, get some more buses!

I'm so adding seeing an outdoor movie to my wdw bucket list. You described it so well, i can't help but want to do that too.

Aaaaahhhh the tour is coming! That girl has the dream job! I so want to be a plaid in disneyland. I cannot wait to hear more.

:scared1: You left us hanging again!!! ;)
Wow, that Mayor was a really "hands on" kind of guy. :eek:
It is pretty amazing how you know all these people. What are your secrets?

And.We.Almost.Made.It.Into.The.Suite...

So Close!

I am so excited for you and Em! This special treat could not have happened to two more deserving ladies! I can only imagine how appreciative you were and continue to be!

The anniversary photo is so cute! I also love the shot of Dean holding his book as a parade float goes by.

You have such nice connections with the Main Street Gang.

What is it with Politicians Behaving Badly? When we meet, I'll have to tell you the story of the day Ben and I approached our soon-to-be mayor on Election Day and my son called him "Daddy"

:blush:

Great purse, and I hope whenever you use it you remember that glorious day!

Ha-ha.. The dreaded 1am time when Disboards take a hiatus!! Doesn't it know that us West coasters are online at that time lol.

I can't wait to read more about the Dream Suite!

Ah! Finally the main event! I have been quietly reading, waiting for the tour. As a WDW veteran this is an experience beyond compare! I'm soooo jealous. I know it doesn't matter, especially after this tour, but do you ever experience the attractions?? Lol! Great D&B too. I have had my eye on several but haven't bought one yet, I almost did when I was at DLR this summer. P.S. Disney Legend Dorthea. Redmond designed the castle mural.

OH DEAR LORD woman post before we all have coronaries!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Did I mention I cannot wait for your next update? :cool1::cool1:

SOOOO awesome. :dance3:

I don't get to comment too much on the DISboards on other TRs (or so it seems with how busy I have been lately!), but I've been meaning to read your TRs FOREVER because I've seen you comment on some other TRs here in the DIS (like my dear friend Rob's)... SO that being said, I've gone back and read a bunch of your stuff and just started reading this one!

You have had some AMAZING memories in Disney parks! Seriously! That Captain's Room at the YC?! Unreal. TOURING THE DREAM SUITE?! No big deal, haha. I love reading about it all though, seriously!

Just wanted to pop in though and say how much I am enjoying reading this TR and have enjoyed your past ones! :goodvibes

So excited for the next update. I'm going to start calling you Mrs. Mayor...he sure does like you :)

I'm so happy for you and Em to get to enjoy this wonderful experience.

Wednesday August 21, 2013: Day 6, Part 5

The highlight of our evening was dinner at Monsieur Paul. We had an 8pm ADR. Factoring in a 3 minute walk to the lobby, plus a 10 minute wait for a boat, plus a 7 minute boat ride to Epcot, plus a 4 minute walk to the restaurant that math works out to leave the room at 7:36 right? Yeah, we left the room at 7:45 pm which was slightly behind schedule but we could book it and make up lost time. We stepped outside and it had started to rain. Drat! We were all dolled up and I didn’t want to arrive to dinner soaking wet. We had left our rain ponchos in the room so I calculated which would be quicker – going back to the room or going to the gift shop around the corner from the lobby?? I chose the gift shop. 2 ponchos please. Oh, and that Mickey umbrella. I realized while I was standing there that my sandals would not survive the rain so I grabbed a pair of Mickey flip flops while at the check-out. Using our AP discount I saved approximately $5 for a purchase that was absolutely un-necessary. The moment we walked back outside it stopped raining and I didn’t use any of those items – the entire trip. I spent $45 to be rain proofed for nothing.

Oh it's not nothing, you have ponchos to use another time (if you remember to pack them), an extra umbrella that can live in your suitcase should you need it for travel and one always needs another pair of flip flops.

:rotfl:

That's hysterical. You will be amused when you read about Jeff's rain jacket jaunt from this past trip.

Day 7: Thursday August 22, 2013

Following lunch we had zero plans. Nada. Nothing. Post lunch lethargy was setting in. However that doesn’t mean that we didn’t have any excitement since who should we run into again? I’ll give you one guess because if you need more than that you have not been paying attention to this TR……
Kathy and Mark!! Yep. They were hanging around Epcot as well. We are so international together. A photo was necessary since 12 are not enough already on this trip!

DSCN6365.jpg

the 12th one could be the ultimate GOOD one though, right?

First I had to go up the club level concierge to assist with some dining reservations that I wanted to make for our December trip. Jessi, the amazing CM on loan from BWI assisted and kept calling me princess. It must be a habit to reference guests by that adorable term of endearment but considering I’m old enough to be her mother it was odd. Nice but odd.

Princess Brenda you shall be. Less odd had it been over the phone but pretty weird given that it was a live interaction and she was younger. You must have just been oozing princess qualities of some sort.

Thurs. August 22, 2013: Day 7, Part 3

Oh and you will be glad to know that potential wardrobe malfunction #2 was nipped in the bud! The CM was having us hold up our wrists to the machine and my other hand was full so when my skirt started to billow upwards from a sudden breeze Em was there to hold it down. But not to fear, there wouldnt have been too much exposure since I was ever so smart after the RnRC incident and wore bike shorts under my skirt. So there!

:rotfl:

This was a great spot to view Illuminations while not having to camp out or stand on my tippy toes to get a view of the globe.
DSCN6581.jpg

It may be one of the best, if not the best, in the WS...such a different view since you are low and on the water.

Following dinner I was completely confused since for some reason I thought it was EMH and the park was open until 11pm. Seriously, I only had 1 margarita so NO, my judgment was not affected by tequila at least I didnt think so.

We walked over to FW to see Ellens Universe of Energy (I should abbreviate that one, no?) or Mission Space but they had roped off the area on the other side of Mousegears. Ohhhhhh&. Now I get it. The park is closed. After an about face we walked back to IG talking the following photos along the way.

We had that issue this trip. Not that I necessarily thought it was EMH, or had even checked a thing, or park hours but it was the holiday week and in general all hours were late. 9pm closure caught us very much off guard. Of course this is all because we went OFF PLAN..:rotfl: It did make me double check park hours after that though!

When we reached the beach area for the YC/BC I wanted to walk in the sand since I love the soft velvety feel on my bare feet. While we were walking along the beach we noticed that Disneys Enchanted was the movie on the beach that night. I LOVE that movie. I was so excited to see it playing.

It may sound silly to say that this was the best movie experience Id had when you think - it was just outside. It was. But there were little girls in their Disney princess outfits, a pop of fireworks from Fantasmic peeking over the BWI, the reflection of the Boardwalk lights on the water, the soft sand burying our feet, and my own little baby (figuratively of course) sitting there and all combined to be so incredibly wonderful!

I don't think it's silly at all! Many of the best moments are the unscheduled, unplanned spontaneous little ones.

Friday August 23, 2013: Day 8, Part 1

Day 8… hmmm... whatever could be significant about day 8?? Let’s see, we’re going to MK, we’re meeting up with a former CM and having lunch together and that’s pretty much it. As far as we knew at the time! Yes, this is the day for the Dream Suite tour but it would come as a surprise a little later. Anyone who has followed my dining review already has that story. If you haven’t read my dining review – shame on you. Just kidding! I won’t give it all away since it will all fit together before too long.

Shame on me is right. I confess to following no dining reviews these days, someday, in my dreams, when I am caught up on my subscriptions...then maybe. I really love them though!

I was up before dawn but there was zero chance that I was going to fall back asleep so I may as well take photos from the balcony right? It’s what I do.

Me too. Because you can never have too many pictures of coffee on the balcony, right?

Em is more the type to wait and rise at the last minute. No worries, I enjoyed the quiet of the morning while she slept. It was a perfect start to my day to watch the boats on Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk dim their lights as the sun rose. The joggers out that early in the morning just annoyed me since I had still not once donned my running shoes to get my butt out there for a run. :laughing: (Complete envy on my part for you Disers like Mary Ellen, Cynthia, Beth, and others who do run even on vacation. My hat's off to you!)

I'm not sure hats should be off. :lmao: It's really only to mildly justify the pure gluttony that surrounds the rest of the trip. We managed 2, only 2 runs total this trip...over 10 days. Didn't make a dent in the gluttony!

However if you do ever decide to attempt it, it is awfully pretty if you figure out a good route! In August though? BLEH, I'd have hit the gym. December was wacky, our first run was 44 degrees out I think (real feel of 39). That was at Boardwalk. I'm wearing a fleece that I'd never planned to run in, and my running gloves which I'd luckily brought for NYE as the forecast looked chilly. A guy goes blazing past me (I am slow) saying "I never thought I'd need my runnning gloves at Disney". :rotfl: Then, 2 days later, at Saratoga it was 70 (with 75% humidity) when we went out to run. I'd worn a tee and really wished I'd chosen a tank.

Crazy!

SO much to say about your MK morning prior to the tour I can't even begin to quote. Magic after magic after magic. BOY does the Mayor have his eye on you! I love your Dooney bag, what a perfect reason to pick that print and layout

Oh wow!! You really have connections!!! How do you know all of these people? Well if I'm not being too nosey that is.

What an awesome experience to visit the DreamSuite!!!

It appears I returned to the DIS just in time - OH MY GOODNESS, YOU GOT TO TOUR THE DREAM SUITE!!! :dance3:

I'm all caught up on your trip and dining reports, and will remain on the edge of my seat with the rest of the crowd for your next post(s)! So exciting! :goodvibes

Hi there everyone! I have a few comments to get through...:rolleyes1 and then I'll pick this back up and get the next part updated. Who knew there would be so much interest in what is behind that little door! :rotfl2:

My apologies for posting and then disappearing. I do have an excuse. I took the day off work yesterday because we got new carpet both upstairs and downstairs. And if that wasn't enough, at 1pm in the afternoon I suckered my DH into painting the living room with me. Needless to say I've been getting my house back in order and catching up at work today so I've been very busy for the last 48 hours.

I have read through all the comments and want to say THANK YOU :thanks: to everyone that has let me know you are following along even if this was your first time dropping by. Seriously, thank you. :goodvibes

Similar to what we've all heard with air travel, 'You have your choice in reading TRs and I thank you for stopping by mine.' :)

Wow! Wow! WOW!

I can only imagine that you must have been out of your mind with excitement at this point. Not only getting to meet Dean and his wife and get tons of wonderful PP pictures, but to tour the DS! That is truly beyond a dream! I imagine that it was pretty hard to focus and take pictures. The whole experience must have been beyond amazing.

I love your new bag. It's gorgeous and good for you for having a spontaneous purchase without a lot of deliberation! You'll always have it to remember this special day!

Hi Mary Ellen! It was an experience that we'll never forget but we were so blessed to even have someone think to ask on our behalf.

Thanks and I think if I had been coherent I may have stopped myself from making that purchase. The bag is a nice little remembrance of the day.

So, so, so exciting!!! I am giddy in my chair just waiting for it!

I loved the photo of Dean trying to dance like the other CM in the parade (her name excapes me) - I watch her every single time there's a parade, she is so funny - and she just screams "happiness"!

Anxiously awaiting another update!

D~ <---- BTW... The book is awesome - thank you! I love that it's broken up into many stories, so I can pick it up and put it down on a whim - however - I find it hard to put down! LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks D~!

Ha ha! I have several photos of Dean interacting with Barb on Main Street and chose that one! It was funny though seeing him try to dance like her.

Oh, I'm so glad that you are enjoying the book. It is easy to read in brief spurts since the chapters don't tend to be too long.

Oh that Mayor! He's awfully frisky, isn't he?
Wow, I think my heart would have just stopped when learning I would get to tour the DS. Now that's a heck of a surprise! Those pics in front of the parade are adorable.
Nice purchase on the Dooney bag! Like Mary Ellen said, you'll always have that to remember the special tour.
Oooooh I can't wait to see the rest!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi Wendy! Yep, the Mayor is indeed a smooch guy.

It took a few moments for it to sink in since we are nobody and we were invited into the DS.

Ha ha! Yep, Dean was a dancing fool for a moment there. :dance3:

I think I agree now, I like my little keepsake to remember the day.

So excited to read about your tour! What an amazing - unexpected surprise!!! You are so right............your eyes will be forever drawn right to those windows every time you walk by the back/side of the castle. It is such a special place!!

Hi Kristy!! It was a huge surprise bomb dropped on us. NOT like you though who actually STAYED inside there! I linked your TR earlier in my review since I wanted people to read about your experience of actually staying there. That was before you posted all about the party and special treatment with your plaid which made it even better. :goodvibes

Exactly, I will always look up at those windows and remember... During our December trip I took more photos of the same windows and of the door in the corridor.

Thanks for reading!

Note to anyone interested in reading about someone's experience of actually staying IN the DS. Read littlenellbelle's Boo To You and The Castle Suite Too TR linked in her signature. :)

Every time I read about someone meeting someone that is just dripping with so much Disney history, I just get chills. What an amazing thing to be a part of for so long! God bless these souls that make so much magic for us all to enjoy. I love it!

Oh..and about your one person wave…I must say, once I accomplished this. I used to work for a video-conferencing company and before the conference is set up, you just see yourself on the video. There was a second or so delay so I very successfully did a one person wave. I was far more amused that I should've been. :rotfl: It's the little things.

I am sooooo eagerly anticipating your DS pics!! OMG OMG OMG…what a dream come true! I am in tears and we haven't even gone inside yet!!

A few more replies and then I'm stopping for the night.... I'll be back. :goodvibes

I've been lurking long for while both here and on your Dining Report, but I wanted to come out of hiding and say hello!

I love how much fun you and your daughter seem to have together! That's the kind of relationship I hope to have with DD6 someday. :goodvibes

Thanks for the link to Dean's book. I'm always on the lookout for a great Disney read, I'm sure I'll order it soon.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Hi Shannon! I'm delighted you are here and I'm glad that I discovered your TR as well. It's so funny that many times I focus on my subscriptions and try to keep up with everything and unaware of some wonderful reports like yours that I have completely missed. I've expanded my horizons and I'm following along! :thumbsup2 (It's late, I hope that made sense and didn't sound like I'm a snob. :))

I really wish that I had "discovered" mother/daughter trips sooner. I can imagine the memories that you are building for Maddie even now while she is still young. That's awesome.

Certainly! It's a wonderful book.

I squealed when I saw you posted this! :thumbsup2 I just cannot imagine the excitement that must have been flowing, following that surprise. Wow, wow, wow.

Thank you for showing us the windows and door! I must check them out next time now that I know what's there.

This is just amazing. :goodvibes

Hi Kelli! Ahhh I'm glad you were excited to read. You were probably thinking... Finally! Yes, it only took me over 4 months to get here. And yes, I may have squealed myself.

Now that you know what is behind that door you won't pass it by without thought again.

Brenda I see your TR posts on the Facebook group and had to pop over & read about your visit to Cinderella's Suite....and of course I have to start at the beginnning!!

Just read your intro, and your Grand Marshall story from a few years back. what a great time and a fun writing style. I'm in.!!! I'm a slow DIS'er...not enough hours in the day for me, but I'll be catching up & commenting as I can.

Hi Moira! I'm glad that you chose to come over and read. Thanks!

No worries, I'm just glad to know you are here and following! :goodvibes

Ahhh Brenda, I'm so excited to hear all about the DS tour! It sounds absolutely amazing and I love the reaction pictures, I would have reacted the same way!

I'm ashamed to say I've never met the mayor, even though he seems a bit too frisky I'll have to find him next time

I stay FAR away from the Dooney's for that exact reason. I could easily talk myself into buying one. I'm going to crack soon I know it, they are just SO pretty. I LOVE the one you picked out! I think I'd get the most use out of one that size.

Thanks Jess! yeah, that was my re-enactment not to be confused with the scene from Home Alone where Kevin tries his dad's after shave. I was definitely going for surprise!! :laughing:

Oh my! The Mayor likes the ladies and you are cute and young so please be careful. (Don't say I didn't warn you! :rotfl2:)

There's so many Disney Dooney styles out right now. It's hard not to miss them so if you are having a moment of weakness you may have to stay away from the shops.

I was a little skeptical about the size of the bag since I prefer a tote where I an fit a lot in my bag. However, it is perfect for days that I don't want to be a pack mule.

Uuuuugggggghhhhhhh!!!!! Please hurry with the next post!

Cute Dooney you selected. I shop the same way. Rationalize and overanalyze every purchase. I'm always checking return policies for my buyers remorse selections.

Um, that mayor is something else. He's kind of lucky you're so good natured.

Ha ha! I will try! I have to thank you for reading first! :lmao:

Thanks, I do like my new Dooney. I over think everything so why not this? I hear you about the return policy. You just never know.

Are you all FB friends or is there some super exclusive FB group? I always see people reference FB and get slighly jealous :blush: Maybe I should get my butt out of lurker mode and start posting ;-)

Brenda, thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing the big reveal. Those pictures with the Mayor were cracking me up. He sure did look feisty!!!

I know there are different FB groups for people going in certain months and for other group travels. This FB group I don't even remember how it was started or who is the "owner"... In fact, I don't even know who invited me!! If you FB friend me I can let you into our Dis group. (I think! :)) You can always PM me as well.

EEK!!! HOW EXCITING! To just be like, "Hey, would you like to visit the Dream Suite today?" I can't even imagine how ecstatic you were in that moment! And DARN YOU for that teaser!!! :lmao: Just kidding, I can't wait to see all your posts from inside the suite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!