YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Amberleefuta

Amberleefuta Mouseketeer

Wow! What a great trip. I just started reading. Thanks for sharing!!!

Amberlee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. courtneybelle

courtneybelle What foolishness would you like to see?

Hi Brenda! Got a little behind because of finals, but I hope you are having a fabulous trip in WDW!

I LOVE coloring. I colored a Duffy in August while my sister met Alice and it was one of the most relaxing parts of my trip.

I hope you guys tried the drawing class! Normally I only draw stick figures but I have done it the past few trips and I really enjoy it.

That sounds like a great afternoon at the Writer's Stop. I'm not really a carrot cake person but I've heard so many things about that cookie!

4. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks guys for keeping up. We are still in WDW for 3 more days. We've had some great meets and my Dis ladies that I am traveling with have been fabulous! Updates to follow upon our return next week.

This holiday season at Disney is just so amazingly beautiful.:)

5. DisneyKid4Life

DisneyKid4Life DIS Veteran

Hmm, now you two sure do look familiar. :scratchin

Brenda, obviously I have to take a moment here to thank you SO VERY MUCH for spending some of your busy schedule with me. I will never be able to repay you for the amazing Illuminations Cruise and it was such a supreme pleasure to meet and spend time with you and Em. I will never forget it.

Getting back to this TR, I just love the statement about the little moments that mean so much. I've learned to not race from ride to ride and show to show and just enjoy the Disney moments, and the recent trip was all about that for me.

And YAY, I actually got to see a Bo photo happening!!!!!

6. momabbate

momabbate DIS Veteran

I am so bad at this Dis thing. I was surprise that I wasn't further behind. For a moment I forgot you were in the world. I knew you were there due to the fact that when I say a message I thought you were back. It wasn't you though. :lmao: Enjoy your last two days (I think that is what you have left.) Any ways look forward to hearing about your trips.

7. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

Just letting you know that I've still been following along! I hope you had (or are still having) a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

Vinny would have been in the hospital if a duck did that to him.
    Very nice Snow White.
    All caught up.

9. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi guys! We're back! We returned last night so my mission is to get caught up and get this thing wrapped up before 2015. :)

Thank you so much Dee! I appreciate the kind send off. We had a great time. :thumbsup2

Hi D~!

Em has made a Mount Pilot Pecan Pie that was pretty tasty. Other than that it has a lot of entertainment and nostalgia to it. (I'm an Andy Griffith Show fan so that may give me a level of interest that it doesn't to everyone.)

Thank you for your well wishes for our trip. I wish you were there with us too!! :)

Hi Wendy! That unplanned break in our day just relaxing inside Writers Stop will be long remembered as a great afternoon.

By now I'm sure you've seen my many FB updates. ;)

Hi Christine! Yes, you must try one of those lovely cookies sometime!! I won't count it against you since you haven't tried one yet. :laughing:

Thanks for the kind send off! We were just up and getting moving when you posted.

Hi Jennifer! Isn't that crazy how there's no color by numbers for those animators?? I'm amazed at such talent for sure.

We give TSM a pass at DHS since the lines are so long. If we'd make it for rope drop we'd have a chance for some fast passes. Darn but we are spoiled by the shorter lines at DCA.

I could take up residence on the couch at Writer's Stop and enjoy a relaxing afternoon for sure.

Thanks Annie! That cookie really is delish! Once you try it you'll never forget about it again. :)

Thank you Deedee!

I have wanted to see the Biltmore Estates since 2007 when I first stumbled upon an add for that tourist spot. What a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy your trip with your mom and make some more awesome memories.

Every trip there seems to be some little inside joke that makes us chuckle as well.

10. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Linda! Thank you! I loved all the Christmas decorations and the music playing in the parks. We were able to see all the Epcot and monorail resorts in their holiday finest. It was lovely.

Thanks! With little ones it's a great place to park the stroller while they nap and enjoy the calm and quiet. Oh, and the smell of coffee isn't bad either.

Thank you and I think we can check the box for a fantastic trip. I need to make a decision to do yet another simultaneous TR or pick up the pace on this and wrap it up to get started on the new one. :rolleyes:

Thank you Susan! Gotta say that I think we did.

No worries Sandy, I thank you for the kind send off. I wouldn't have been able to sleep with the guilt of not doing one last update! :laughing:

Hi Mary Ellen! Glad you can related. I believe you have had a few relaxing afternoons by the pool or with a cold drink. Ahhhh relaxation. :)

She did look pretty content to hand with the littles and share the crayons. I believe the Animation class is on your to do list?? (Thanks for the recipe by the way! I'm glad it is turning cold since it will be a perfect recipe for winter.)

11. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Michelle!! What a great surprise it was to meet you! You and your hubby were completely adorable and I'm glad you chose a great dinner at YSH since our paths crossed. :) I will PM you the photo.

Thanks - we had a great time.

I'm glad to hear that!! :rotfl2:

Hi there sunnysideup! Thank you. I'm glad that you are following along. I'll get this one wrapped up soon enough so I can start the next TR.

Hi TM! Thanks for dropping by and saying hi!! The Disers were fabulous.

Hi Tracy! Thank you!

Hi Amy! I'm glad you are getting caught up. No worries, I completely understand the life obstacle. Thank you for reading and for the well wishes! :goodvibes

I'm 100% supportive of holiday time trips to WDW! (Now that I've experienced it I'm in danger of booking again for next year.)

12. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Kathy! As I recall you did the Animation class as well before. :) I enjoy watching people color more than coloring myself.

Since your last TR title said it all you can bet those clouds didn't bring more sunshine! Definitely foreboding...

I'm so glad that I slipped in under the wire to say hi to you guys! That completely made my day. :hug:

Hi Charlotte! Glad that all is going well! I saw that you finished your classes for the fall today. Great job!

Thanks for the kind wishes! We did have a wonderful trip.

Hi Katt! I'm so glad that a short meet up with you worked out! Sorry that Em didn't make it since I told her that you had the Elsa look down!

I have a new favorite treat at WDW.... I'll be taking guesses later for that one.

You betcha! Books and treats - a great combo! We combined the two since we were able to relax inside the store.

That's funny that your hubby "discovered" the castle show this trip. :laughing: I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and experienced some new things.

Hi Amberleefuta!! Thanks so much for reading! I'm so very glad that you took the time to let me know. I hope you hang around and enjoy the rest. :)

Hi Courtney! I think you had another great excuse for falling behind.... your own Thanksgiving trip to WDW. I hope you enjoyed your time there. :thumbsup2

If I loved to color it may be more relaxing but I stress too much about picking the right color and staying within the lines - definitely 2nd grade stuff.

Ahh man, you would have to like carrot cake for sure to imbibe in the cookie!

13. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Rob! Awww shucks. thank you so much! The feeling is mutual. :blush:

Its those moments that you sit back and enjoy the little things when you see something new and different that completely change the trip experience. Definitely a good thing!

Yes, you got a front row seat for one of my Bo encounters. It was a must do! ;)

Ha ha!! No worries Sandy!! Your greeting is timeless since it was heart felt - thank you.

Hi Marissa! Thank you! We were definitely still having fun. :goodvibes

Hi Scott! Sounds like we need to use duck repellent around Vinny.

Glad that you are caught up so soon after your return. I actually read your first TR installment in the airport yesterday but didn't log in to comment. Need to do that and get caught up with yours.

thanks for meeting up with us last week. It was short but sweet. :)

14. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Wednesday August 21, 2013: Day 6, Part 5

We had just returned to our YC room in order to avoid the afternoon rain. While Em went to the gym I relaxed and decided to go to the lounge to check out the evening appetizers.

Some options:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to leave room for some fine French cuisine so I opted for a few veggies
    [​IMG]

Before dinner I received an invitation from a retired CM friend who invited Em and I to lunch with his wife while we were in WDW. When I wrote on FB that evening referencing this gentleman, “Ever so thankful and grateful for your call this afternoon Dean!!! Definitely YES!!!” I hoped that wouldn’t be taken wrong! I can imagine my hubby’s confusion. Dean had written a book with stories of selecting Grand Marshal hosts for the parade during the 14 years that he held that position. I know several Disers have commented in the past that they were also selected by this man and know how amazing he is! (The story of our Grand Marshal parade selection is in my signature.)

He was going to be in MK early to film a promo for his book and had invited us to meet up with him. Definitely yes!

The highlight of our evening was dinner at Monsieur Paul. We had an 8pm ADR. Factoring in a 3 minute walk to the lobby, plus a 10 minute wait for a boat, plus a 7 minute boat ride to Epcot, plus a 4 minute walk to the restaurant that math works out to leave the room at 7:36 right? Yeah, we left the room at 7:45 pm which was slightly behind schedule but we could book it and make up lost time. We stepped outside and it had started to rain. Drat! We were all dolled up and I didn’t want to arrive to dinner soaking wet. We had left our rain ponchos in the room so I calculated which would be quicker – going back to the room or going to the gift shop around the corner from the lobby?? I chose the gift shop. 2 ponchos please. Oh, and that Mickey umbrella. I realized while I was standing there that my sandals would not survive the rain so I grabbed a pair of Mickey flip flops while at the check-out. Using our AP discount I saved approximately $5 for a purchase that was absolutely un-necessary. The moment we walked back outside it stopped raining and I didn’t use any of those items – the entire trip. I spent $45 to be rain proofed for nothing.

[​IMG]

There was a boat arriving at the dock so we hurried to hop aboard.
    [​IMG]

We had avoided the rain but in doing so we were late for dinner.
    Speaking of dinner… it was fabulous. In fact, one of the better Signature dining experiences that we’ve had in an absolutely beautiful restaurant. If you’ve read my dining review (here for part 1) and here for part 2)then you are lucky because you’ve already seen the photos, viewed the video, and know that a certain Frenchman and I made nice. He was kind enough to welcome me with a champagne cocktail and delivered a complimentary dessert. But don’t just take my word for it here, go and read and be amazed.

[​IMG]

Following dinner, the park was closed so that made for some empty park photos!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That and I’m not sure how many people have silly photos of themselves at the IG bathroom but we certainly do!

[​IMG]
    That was a wrap for day 6.

Continued Next Post

15. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

How lovely that you got to meet up for dinner with Dean! He sounds so interesting, I bet he made for an awesome dinner guest.
    Let's face it, if you hadn't bought the rain gear, it would have rained harder. :rofl:
    Glad you had a great meal.

Last but not least, welcome home!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. chattadisser

chattadisser Mouseketeer

Glad you all made it home! Boo that your trip is over but that mean we get updates to this TR! :thumbsup2

How cool that Dean wrote a book, I so want to read it. Is it available now?

Glad to hear you and a certain Frenchman made-up.

Christine

17. MrsDrewsky

MrsDrewsky DIS Veteran

I have so much catching up to do. We were without a proper computer during November.

I hope you had a wonderful December trip!

I love the new (to me) badge! Definitely earned.

My thought exactly. You paid $45 to make the rain stop. ::yes::

Going back to try and catch-up. I have about 45 minutes of nap time left. :thumbsup2

18. DisneyKid4Life

DisneyKid4Life DIS Veteran

Haha, I already complimented Em in person on her exercise dedication, but since you mentioned it, I will do so again here. :worship:

Well, you know the old saying... What happens in Disney, Stays in Disney... Unless you post it on Facebook.

And guess what!!! I read the DR portion as you recommended. :thumbsup2

Wow, Philippe REALLY wants to make amends doesn't he? Nice to see that you're now BFF's. :lovestruc

19. freesone

freesone DIS Veteran

You made it again Brenda!! Number 9 on the top ten threads for November.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Neal

20. peachmermaid

peachmermaid Mouseketeer

Those ponchos...and umbrellas...and flip flops always suck us in. I'd say you made the right choice even if it didn't end up raining on you guys. The long & twisty halls of the YC would be more maddening than spending money. :)

I'm so glad you made it back safely. I hope this trip was fantastic & magical!

21. courtneybelle

courtneybelle What foolishness would you like to see?

Good for Em for going to the gym on vacation :thumbsup2 I actually saw a ton of people jogging at POR over Thanksgiving and was impressed. I jog to Toy Story Mania and that's about as much exercise as I get.

The same thing has happened to us, actually: suck it up and buy the ponchos, and then the rain stops. Of course! At least it didn't mess up your hair!

I am glad to hear Philippe played nice! I can't wait to see how your relationship grows over your next few WDW trips...next time your meal will probably be comped :rotfl: