YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

I love seeing the Yacht Club pictures! I can't wait for next week!!! So cute that the duckie was nibbling your toe and too funny about the peek a boo malfunction on the ride.

Happy Thanksgiving! I think beaver is the best animal I've seen on TSM, but I would be interested to know if it gets any better. Why aren't you awarded with toy story characters?

Just 10 more days until I check into POR!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

wow - just read your disastrous HBD story - that is horrible! I mean, it's one thing for your particular table to have a less than magical server but then to have some small furry friends in said establishment - when said establishment was not an advertised character breakfast is a whole 'nother level of not-goodness

um, congrats on your beaver? (just seems wrong to type)

and Happy Belated Thanksgiving - hope your family had a great one!

So I'm working on the past two updates ;) the grounds of the Yacht Club are beautiful, too bad the caretakers woke you up! I do not blame you for not walking when we were there a few weeks later I was melting outside- the heat & humidity is not something we really deal with up north!! So did Bo miss you? I bet you guys had a lot of catching up to do! Also, how nice they were able to find your photos! I take pics of all my essentials and put them on both Zack and my phones. Figured between the 3 of them we are bound to have one on us!! I love ToT too and was pumped that Zoey had fun (her picture is great with Zack - she doesn't look phased at all by it!) I "LOL'd" about your flashing on RnRC!! This is why I bought "skorts" for our last trip ;)

I liked a lot of the Haunted Mansion merch - I thought the plate with "Room for one more" was very funny! Ahhhh duckies!!! So fluffy! I am hoping FP+ comes in handy for rides like TSM - I made a bunch of selections for our trip in Jan but definitely need to tweak them!!

Also I hope you had a happy thanksgiving ;) when are you leaving for WDW soon right?

Love the update! I. Haven't had 50's chicken but I'm told it tastes the same as hoop dee do! I had their pot roast the first time and it was delish! Chicken pot pie was to die for last summer.

I read your dining review from last twist oye!

Thanks Erin. If HDD has chicken that good I need to eat there! I would love to see Mickey in Western wear. Em used to get the pot roast at 50s PT as well but apparently grew tired of it.

I was a little too honest with that one! :)

Hi Brenda, tomorrow or Friday I hope to catch up on your amazing report. I haven't read it since we began our 1 week trip to WDW Nov. 14th - didn't have computer along on the trip and would have been too busy keeping up with DGS anyway. Our trip was lots of fun!

I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. We are at our daughter's home north of the Indiana border and close enough to Lake Michigan to receive lake effect snow. We arrived here yesterday just before sunset to about 10" of fresh snow. We sort of had the frozen version of "Splash Mountain" while plowing through the snow with our car down her long driveway into her garage! :laughing: No harm done, the incline wasn't quite so steep.

Hi Kathy! Welcome back! No worries about catching up... I'll give everyone plenty of time to do that here in a few days when we leave to go back to WDW. I don't bring my PC either... if I do I'd be too tempted to work and I have zero interest in doing that.

Thank you for the Thanksgiving greeting. I hope you had a great turkey day as well.

I'm picturing that Splash Mtn reference as you are driving through the snow. Too funny but glad that the car didn't go sliding into anything it wasn't supposed to.

I love seeing the Yacht Club pictures! I can't wait for next week!!! So cute that the duckie was nibbling your toe and too funny about the peek a boo malfunction on the ride.

Now that I know your travel plans include this resort I should post a few more photos.

Uh yeah... be careful when you wear a dress.

4 more days!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I think beaver is the best animal I've seen on TSM, but I would be interested to know if it gets any better. Why aren't you awarded with toy story characters?

Just 10 more days until I check into POR!!

Hi Jill! Thank you for the Thanksgiving greeting. I sure wish I could crack the prize code but I'm not sure what is going on with the animal prizes. You have a very good question. Not sure why they don't hand out a Buzz for doing well and a Zurg if you bomb??

I wish you safe travels as well. :) We'll be at MK on the 14th and the morning of the 15th if you are in the park that day we can try to say hi! :wave2:

Just caught up....great update.
Thanks wii!

wow - just read your disastrous HBD story - that is horrible! I mean, it's one thing for your particular table to have a less than magical server but then to have some small furry friends in said establishment - when said establishment was not an advertised character breakfast is a whole 'nother level of not-goodness

um, congrats on your beaver? (just seems wrong to type)

and Happy Belated Thanksgiving - hope your family had a great one!

Hi Phil! Ha ha yeah that would be an entirely different type of character dining experience.

Someone is going to have to do some research for us and figure out that beaver prize. If I would remember to ask when I'm there I'd love to see what the CMs say.

Thank you for the Thanksgiving greeting! Hope you enjoyed your turkey day as well. :)

So I'm working on the past two updates ;) the grounds of the Yacht Club are beautiful, too bad the caretakers woke you up! I do not blame you for not walking when we were there a few weeks later I was melting outside- the heat & humidity is not something we really deal with up north!! So did Bo miss you? I bet you guys had a lot of catching up to do! Also, how nice they were able to find your photos! I take pics of all my essentials and put them on both Zack and my phones. Figured between the 3 of them we are bound to have one on us!! I love ToT too and was pumped that Zoey had fun (her picture is great with Zack - she doesn't look phased at all by it!) I "LOL'd" about your flashing on RnRC!! This is why I bought "skorts" for our last trip ;)

I liked a lot of the Haunted Mansion merch - I thought the plate with "Room for one more" was very funny! Ahhhh duckies!!! So fluffy! I am hoping FP+ comes in handy for rides like TSM - I made a bunch of selections for our trip in Jan but definitely need to tweak them!!

Also I hope you had a happy thanksgiving ;) when are you leaving for WDW soon right?

Hi Sarah! I hope you and your family enjoyed Thanksgiving as well! We had a great time with the kids that still live in CA.

Do you believe that it will be in the 80's this next week when we are there. We leave on Thursday. (Unfortunately no AKL for us this time. It was too far away from our Epcot activities.)

I have a few days that have no FP+ plans and am itching to fill those blanks. It does sound good to have a down day with no plans.

Hoping you and your family had a great thanksgiving, Brenda! The haunted mansion merch is so cute, I love the tombstones! I don't remember ever seeing all that stuff before. Love the little duckling learning that toes aren't food! So adorable! Mmmmm 50s, love it there.
TSM FP+ should be called "The Worlds MVFP" -- most valuable Fastpass!

I didn't have a chance to pop in and wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope it was a wonderful day!

I'm so excited for you and your upcoming trip with holiday lights and fun meet-ups! And great dining, I'm sure.

So, on to your updates-

That baby duck nibbling your toes is the cutest thing ever.

Then it occurred to me that you would soon be nibbling on one of his cousins at Prime Time.

I love that you ordered the chicken from the kids menu. Genius!!! The portion was perfect. We have ordered the adult portion and it was way too much! I am an obsessive member of the clean plate club and when I couldn't finish the last piece, I asked for it to go. The waitress tried to talk me out of it, but I told her I would have it soon. I ended up throwing it away!

That is an insane bill! In a good way. I bet the drinks were included with the kids meals.

Glad you had a go on Toy Story Mania. Funny thing about the beaver and the other woodland creatures. When Nate was little Toy Story/Toy Story II were a couple of his favorite movies and he had lots of Toy Story toys. One of them had plastic figures of the characters- Buzz, Woody, Zurg (bad cow). And then a bunch of woodland creatures- beaver, deer, rabbit. I think they were very minor characters in "Woody's Round Up". I thought it was kind of a rip off passing off the animals as characters in the movie.

Once again, I thank you for the excellent pictures of the CL offerings at the Yacht Club. I posted over on your dining thread and I have linked your review/pictures to the FAQ.

As I mentioned in my post, the unidentifiable item in your picture is actually a watermelon, feta and Balsamic vinegar concoction. Good but not great.

They definitely need to go back to having signs identifying the food choices!!!

I'm so behind! I've spent my Fall Break from school catching up on TRs and DRs. Unfortunately, I go back tomorrow and will just get behind again until the semester is over :rolleyes2

Anyway, I'm loving it so far and can't wait for your Dream Suite tour pics!

Brenda, we have been following your Dinning report for this trip and decided to check in and follow your report here as well... Our trip in May will be our first time to use Disney's Magical Express goo to read your experience has been good..

Hoping you and your family had a great thanksgiving, Brenda! The haunted mansion merch is so cute, I love the tombstones! I don't remember ever seeing all that stuff before. Love the little duckling learning that toes aren't food! So adorable! Mmmmm 50s, love it there.
TSM FP+ should be called "The Worlds MVFP" -- most valuable Fastpass!

Thank you so much Wendy!! You are very sweet.

Those HM tombstone coasters would be a conversation piece for sure if someone didn't see the Disney connection.

That's a great nickname for the TSMM FP! Market that one.

I am not ignoring your TR I do plan to get caught up... it's just crazy with work before I leave for WDW at one of the worst times I could go on vacation. Yikes!

I didn't have a chance to pop in and wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope it was a wonderful day!

I'm so excited for you and your upcoming trip with holiday lights and fun meet-ups! And great dining, I'm sure.

Hi Dee, no worries but thank you for the kind thoughts. I am looking forward to all of those things. :thumbsup2

So, on to your updates-

That baby duck nibbling your toes is the cutest thing ever.

Then it occurred to me that you would soon be nibbling on one of his cousins at Prime Time.

I love that you ordered the chicken from the kids menu. Genius!!! The portion was perfect. We have ordered the adult portion and it was way too much! I am an obsessive member of the clean plate club and when I couldn't finish the last piece, I asked for it to go. The waitress tried to talk me out of it, but I told her I would have it soon. I ended up throwing it away!

That is an insane bill! In a good way. I bet the drinks were included with the kids meals.

Ha ha!! Nice connection. Yes, I suppose we can take credit for there being a legless chicken out there somewhere. :lmao:

The ulterior motive for smaller portions - we are not in danger of being too full for dessert. Can't pass that up there.

I hadn't thought of drinks being included with kids meals. Let's go with that one.

Glad you had a go on Toy Story Mania. Funny thing about the beaver and the other woodland creatures. When Nate was little Toy Story/Toy Story II were a couple of his favorite movies and he had lots of Toy Story toys. One of them had plastic figures of the characters- Buzz, Woody, Zurg (bad cow). And then a bunch of woodland creatures- beaver, deer, rabbit. I think they were very minor characters in "Woody's Round Up". I thought it was kind of a rip off passing off the animals as characters in the movie.

That bad cow story is hilarious!! I wonder what would be a better prize a deer or rabbit? I want to see scoring tiers like on Buzz Lightyear. Perhaps Po-tater Tot, Cow poke, or T-Wrecks ...

Once again, I thank you for the excellent pictures of the CL offerings at the Yacht Club. I posted over on your dining thread and I have linked your review/pictures to the FAQ.

As I mentioned in my post, the unidentifiable item in your picture is actually a watermelon, feta and Balsamic vinegar concoction. Good but not great.

They definitely need to go back to having signs identifying the food choices!!!

No problem. Wish I had better photos for you!

I'm so glad that you solved the mystery of that salad. If I had expected tomato when I tried it I would have been surprised.

There were a few signs out for the food items but not for that salad. :confused3

I'm so behind! I've spent my Fall Break from school catching up on TRs and DRs. Unfortunately, I go back tomorrow and will just get behind again until the semester is over :rolleyes2

Anyway, I'm loving it so far and can't wait for your Dream Suite tour pics!

Thanks for catching up and I wish you the best with school!

I'm slowly inching my way towards that update but hang in there because hopefully it will be interesting. :)

Take care!

Brenda, we have been following your Dinning report for this trip and decided to check in and follow your report here as well... Our trip in May will be our first time to use Disney's Magical Express goo to read your experience has been good..

Thank you so much, I'm glad you are partaking in both reviews to get the entire feel for the trip. Since my DR is ahead of the TR is like a preview of what's to come.

DME has been great - except for the one instance of being put on the wrong bus for our February trip this year. Just a minor issue. ;) We love this complimentary service.

Wednesday August 21, 2013: Day 6, Part 3

DSCN5655.jpg

Following successfully riding TSMM for the first time in 2 years we cruised over to the Animation Building were we wanted to check out which characters were greeting guests. It was the usual Mr. Incredible and his pal Frozone as well as Sorcerer Mickey.

DSCN5658.jpg

We posed with Mr. I and Fro-zone, just regular standing there looking chummy poses. No super hero poses today. Following that fun 5 minutes we decided to sashay over to say hi to Mickey. His line was relatively long so I told Em that I’d wait if she wanted to do something else. She ended up at the kid craft table and colored a Snow White picture with the little ones.

DSCN5684.jpg

By the time I was near the front of the line Em had rejoined me and we posed with the Boss. Always fun!

Photo0105FourBySix.jpg

Photo0108FourBySix.jpg

Before we left the Animation Building we went over to the interactive display for ‘You’re A Character’ to see which character we were most like. You answer a series of questions and depending on how you respond it tells you what character you are most like. Very cute idea (same exact interactive technology as at Beast’s Library at the Animation Building in California Adventure.)

DSCN5687.jpg

Em was like Ariel, which pleased her since that’s her favorite gal, but then she mixed it up and went for someone of the male gender and was like Tarzan. Uh Ok. As for me, I was most like the Queen of Hearts (quite agree, off with their heads is a catchy phrase) and then for someone a little nicer I was like Aladdin! (Liar and thief aside I suppose.) Since there was no one around waiting to play with the interactive character thingie, Em didn’t eat with nice people, she ate nice people for lunch so she was most like Ursula. Isn’t that cute how you are bad if your tastes run to eating nice people? We have video to prove this fun interaction. Here's my Queen of Hearts reveal and Em's Ariel. Fun stuff!

Em wanted to finish her Snow White picture so we returned to the craft table where I watched Brian, the animator, draw Rapunzel. My first thought was what a fun job to draw all day with kids. Then I realized that he was an animator who was on the rotation to teach the classes. Still a fun job but I was glad that his job duties weren’t limited to passing red and blue crayons to kids.

By the way, we’ve never participated in the animation classes since I don’t have a lick of artistic ability in my body not to mention I'm too much of a perfectionist and I'm sure they don't have enough erasers for me in the room. My style is more ‘color within the lines’ however, Em is very artistic like my DHs side of the family so would probably like this activity. I think the best way to describe my ability to follow instruction is illustrated in this Sponge Bob Squarepants “the lid” episode. I’ll let you know if we try this next trip since Em would enjoy it. It may be a Mother's Day gift in the works since I'm sure my mom would love to put some of my artwork on her fridge.

DSCN5690.jpg

DSCN5693.jpg

Something to proudly display on my fridge!
DSCN5694.jpg

Posing with Animator Brian
DSCN5695.jpg

Frozen is finally out
DSCN5657.jpg

When we exited the Animation Building Em spied a dingle hopper at the gift shop by the Journey of the Little Mermaid attraction. She pictured herself being the proud owner of this cute prop but hesitated to spend $15 for a pretty piece of plastic.

DSCN5699.jpg

Instead she decided to spend .51 cents to press a penny instead saying, “what else do you do with fifty-one cents in WDW?”

DSCN5705.jpg

Continued Next Post

Em's coloring skills are fantastic! ;) I want to try the drawing class - I am thinking Zoey and I may run off one day and try it.... The which character are you most like is fun.... We spent a while playing on them waiting for the M&Gs to open up.

Ahh pressed pennies! Probably better spent than the 15 dollar dingle hopper ;)

Been off the dis for a few days so nice to come back and have lots of updates. :)

I think that is so cool that you know your waited Ricardo and that he leaves gifts for you and makes sure he is working when you are there. Love that you gave him the Beatles gift. Pictures of you with him were very cute.

You and Em looked so nice all dressed up for dinner.

Okay I read that review from your horrible dinner at Brown Derby. Crazy that so many awful things could happen in one meal. I mean I could see having a bad waiter or finding a bone in your food or not liking your drinks or the food not being good or the rat (shudder) but to have ALL of that happen to you in one meal is just awful!!! I don't know if I could ever go back after an experience like that.

Love the little duckling nibbling on your toe. He is so cute!!

That HM merch is really cool. We always have a Halloween Party and I may have to buy some of that stuff to display during our party (if it is still available when we go next month)

Cute pics with Mr Incredible, FroZone and Mickey. I love Em's very beautiful Snow White picture.

We are going to try out the Animation Class this visit. I can't draw either but it looks fun so I figured it would be cool to try it.

Anyway exciting times that you are leaving in a few days for Disney. Hope you have a wonderful time and look forward to reading all about it eventually. :)

I'm on the same page as you with artistic skills, but others have told me that the animation class makes even the worst of us create a nice picture. One of these days, I'll test that out. My DD was most like the queen of hearts last year and we still call her that because it's always HER way!

Love Em's Snow White. I never noticed a kids table in there before.

On a side note, I went to see Frozen today with my sister. It was a great story! We may even go see it again with our mom when we get back from vacation. In my humble opinion, the casting was just perfect as well. I really should have been home packing for the trip, but seeing the movie was much more fun! Wishing you safe travels and hope that we bump into each other!!

Awww that's adorable with Em colouring while you wait in the line. Seriously, that is precious!!! :cutie:

There is so much I need to explore in that Animation Building. Other than some character visits, I've done nothing. I also hope to try the drawing class. I know I've mentioned it before, but I need to draw somebody that does meets so I can pose with him/her WITH my masterpiece. Now I need to do "You're a Character" because I MUST know.

I hope that Snow White picture is indeed on your fridge. ::yes::

Yay!!! All caught up, finally! I have been away too long. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Loved the updates!! Went back to catch up on your dining reviews as well and filled myself in on your experience at BD. RATS!!!? Ewwww! Funny that your server at 50s knew that server. And very glad she didn't carry on his manner of service.

TSM-Beaver!!! Almost always. I think only once in my many attempts have I exceeded Beaver Status. ;) And yes, it is score determined. But I love this ride. There used to be a single rider line for it at CA. But a friend told me that this was no longer in place this year. :sad2: That was sad for me to hear since CA didn't have it as a fastpass option. Has that changed now?

You really should try the Animation Academy one of these times. I am a poor substitute for an artist of any kind. (even the stick people kind), but I love drawing there! The Animators make it seem so simple. And I can actually manage to make the drawing appear to take the shape it is supposed to. :rolleyes1

Looking forward to a continued read!

Love the HM merch! Glad you finally got to ride TSMM. Definitely try the animation class. It's very fun and they have a way of bringing out the best of your abilities as I too am lacking artistic gifts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter