YES, touring Cinderella’s Dream Suite was Amazing!+14 Other Magical Days* Dismeet & Wrap

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thank you, Chris. I have a long way to catch up to Brenda though. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Self_resqing_princz

Self_resqing_princz Mouseketeer

First, congratulations on being the TR of the month! With all of your awesome pictures it's no wonder you were chosen!

Second, thanks for reading along with my TR. I've been trying to model my reports after yours, with all the pictures. However, I'm still working on my food reviews. :lmao:

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I love that picture of the window at the AKL. It looks pretty cool.

Not sure how you passed up all those yummies at the lounge. I don't think I have that much will power.

Cute dress - perfect for your destination.

Yay for your meet with Kathy and Mark! :cool1: I've had the pleasure of meeting Kathy and I hope some day I get to meet Mark as well.

Great pictures of everyone!

5. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

My wife Tina and I are loving your trip report. I can see how much you love Disney the same as us. We were there last. Month again also and had a wonderful trip. Please, please hurry up with the next post. We bought into the AKL several years ago and love our stays there. Take care.

6. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

That's awesome to see you guys together while your son is home from Afghanistan.

Congrats on being Top Thread. That's awesome! If only we could all reach that point. :thumbsup2

Awwww, thanks so much Brenda for the shout-out there. That means so much. You're so incredibly sweet. And your TR is at the top for a reason. ;)

Still awesome that you were able to meet Kathy and Mark. I'd be in DIS heaven too.

7. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Your welcome. And nahhhhhhhh. You are there Kathy!

8. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Sorry guys, I will only be able to squeeze in a few replies tonight. We've spent most of the day with our son/DIL.

Silly Trisha! Famous is totally different than infamous! :lmao: Sounds like you may be more well known than anyone here if you are chosen for the moms panel!!! Congratulations on making it to round 2. I wish you all the luck!! :)

What an incredible trip you have planned with your DD! I love all the details and definitely cupcakes make up for popcorn and other unfriendly ortho treats that she'll have to pass on. Definitely the limo is a great way to start the trip!

let me know if you choose to do a TR. You could also include your mom's panel experience. Just a thought. :goodvibes

Hi Rob! Seriously right? A 5 minute bus ride and we're there.

Indeed. Em didn't seem to crack a smile until she saw characters and other Disers.

It was awesome to meet Kathy and Mark! :)

Thanks wigeboo! Thank you for joining and reading!! :goodvibes

Hi Wendy! I know! I'm excited for you because I know you will love it.

Thanks! I'm a morning person, Em not so much.

Kathy was very kind. :)

I can imagine the dinner options at TH. Huge I'm sure.

Hi there! I tried WL for something new this last trip and still prefer AKL. Just my preference. :) (But then again we usually include BLT in our resort line up so it gets us near MK.)

I am a soup lover so I would likely be a fan of the offerings at TH! It would be nice to see some of their lunch/dinner choices.

It was great to meet Kathy! You are in luck because I do have more meet ups and certainly more photos.

Awww thanks and you certainly deserve the shout out! I'm very glad that you are reading. Seriously. Thank you! :goodvibes

9. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

A few more comments and I need to call it a night. I'll get caught up tomorrow. :)

Hi Megan! Now I know why this is a favorite! So many choices though.... how do you decide? :)

Hi Courtney! I couldn't agree with you more about that view! Ahhhh animals!

And to think that I completely passed on the muffins and didn't even sneak a bagel in my bag for later. That's self control! :lmao:

Kathy was very generous and kind! ::yes::

Thanks D~! I know you had visited TH so I can see why you love it.

So you are a member of the KatMark fan club too!! And no surprise since I believe you have had 1001 Dismeets about now. ;)

Thanks so much Dee for your kind comments.

Thank you Mr. MaxRebo (or I may use your real name now that I've seen the reveal! I'll save that for a special occasion!)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your TH experience. I believe you said that you had a park open breakfast at each park so assuming this was your AK one. The donut was the first thing I consumed. Gone in 60 seconds I tell ya!

Hi Cynthia!! We can now say what our parents told us... this is a different world we live in now. ;)

Yes, three ADRs at TH and bailed on all of them before this trip. We didn't know what we were missing.

Thanks! See my secret revealed to Dee above. ;)

Thank you Cynthia.

Mary! I'm so very glad to see you here. :) I've followed your combined TR from earlier this year and am signed on for the December PTR. Your girls are adorable and have such talent - seriously, you should be a very proud mom!

Thank you again, and I'm so glad that you are here. :goodvibes

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Your AK dress is so cute!!!

In your defense, it was pretty early when you arrived at AK.

11. MrsDrewsky

MrsDrewsky DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your top thread status! Can't say I'm surprise, you and Em take some fabulous trips to the world. It is just a treat to living vicariously through you girls. :goodvibes

Haha, Em looks so sleepy at AK and not amused to be up so early on vacation.

It looks like such a fun DISmeet with KatMark. How sweet they brought you Disney gifts from Chicago. Love the character pics, how precious are the characters in safari gear. :lovestruc

12. foodrocksluver

foodrocksluver It's been you all along

Okay I'm all caught up. Sorry I was MIA for a little while, I was in WDW all last week :thumbsup2

And now I'm back...at work :sad1:

13. DWGal210

DWGal210 DIS Veteran

Yum, Tusker House! We're making a stop there this upcoming trip. And a KatMark meeting to boot? Sweet! I had the pleasure of meeting Ms Kathy this past June and what a nice lady! Hopefully I'll get to meet Mark as well.

I do love Animal Kingdom...I really cannot decide what is my favorite park, it changes from day to day. But AK is always up there! :thumbsup2

14. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi Annie! Awww thanks!

I would agree with you completely about those sweet Midwesterners! My family is from the Midwest. In fact, my DH is a Chicago burbs guy. So see, I do love me some Midwesterners!!

You are very smart with your ADR strategy. Start with some waffles and end with some soup! That' would be a great dining experience. :lmao:

oh thank you khaleesi! You are very sweet!

I'm sure science has confirmed that Disers are happier than most people! :laughing:

Sarah, thank you for catching up. No worries, I know life is busy and having two little ones, its a wonder you have any free time. I had read your last update in your PTR and I'm glad that you had a great trip and some pixie dust to boot! :)

Thanks for the kind comments Sarah. :goodvibes

Hi Jacquie! It was a pretty good experience! The Dismeet only made it that much better.

Kathy, I can email you the photo of us with Safari Donald out front. I can also send you the photo of you and Mark that I took inside the restaurant.

Glad to know Mark was a hugger, now I don't feel so creepy! :laughing:

Trying to get an update up soon... I have gotten side-tracked with everyone's TRs and PTR including a special someone who just started theirs this weekend. :rolleyes1

Hi Linda! I know. Between Kathy's TR and my DR, I think this has been covered already!

I sure wish I spent more time enjoying the animals but we seemed to always have plans to be somewhere. One day I will learn the value of stopping to enjoy it all without rushing off somewhere.

Hi Chris! Oh my... Kathy is a major celeb... me I'm just lucky to run into great Disers. But thank you! :goodvibes

Hi Tracy! I'm so glad that you are joining. You are never late - always on time to be welcomed!! :goodvibes Thank you for letting me know you are here. :)

15. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Goodness lady!! Have you noticed that people fly to Chicago to meet you? :laughing: Eandesmom just this week for example. Let's see the zoo meet up... the waiting list to meet up with you goes on and on.

Hi Rebecca! Thank you. :goodvibes But I don't have an awesome photo of me with Cinderella and Prince Charming like you! :flower3:

Chances are that if I take enough photos there should be a few good ones to include in the old trip report! Thus the annoyed look on my DD's face at times. I think you've done pretty good with the food. :) But even better was the completion of all 24 MK rides in ONE day! Oh my!

Hi Mary Ellen! Definitely the humidity outside was apparent in the AKL window.

The only reason we could pass on the lounge offerings was we had a BIG breakfast ahead of us. Believe me, I usually don't have that much willpower!

Ha ha! Thanks! You'll have to see my little secret that I shared with Dee above that has now come back around with a follow up comment below. (Am I now going to be talked about for being the Diser who wore PJs to the park?)

At least you have met the Kat side of the KatMark. I've heard the Mark side of KatMark likes hats!! :rotfl:

Hi there Ron and Tina! Welcome and THANK YOU for joining!! :thanks: I'm so glad that you are here and reading along! We indeed love Disney. It's getting harder and harder to plan for other vacation destinations. :)

Oh my gosh! You now own DVC? That's awesome! I imagine a lot of Disney trips in your future with your little grandchild. (What an adorable photo in your avatar!)

Thank you again for joining and congratulations on your DVC ownership.

Hi Dani! Thank you!! You my dear get the award for the MOST SIMULTANEOUS TRs! :wizard: Not to mention the adorable images like NOOOOOOOOO squirrel! Soooo funny.

I was very excited to meet Kathy - she is a Dis legend. There are several Chicago area Diser's that I'd love to meet - you included! I have family in the Chicago burbs so you never know one day I may show up there. :)

Exactly Chris! Just look at her full dance card already for the next trip! :thumbsup2

Dee, you are HILARIOUS. Seriously, I'm almost laughing until tears roll down my leg! :rolleyes1

Thank you Ashley! I appreciate your kind words.

Em definitely had a late night with the solo EMH the night before. Teens up before 9am are a rare sighting anyway when they don't have to be.

Definitely a highlight of our trip was the Dismeets and certainly Kathy and Mark were amazing! :love:

Welcome back! No worries, I think you have a great excuse for being MIA! I hope you had a great trip. Did you see a certain handsome waiter??

Hi DWgal! Ahhh you've had the pleasure as well of meeting Kathy! That is awesome! :thumbsup2

Ha ha! I know what you mean. Let's just say that there is NOT a BAD park! They all are special in some way.

16. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Dismeet Intermission Time Again....

[​IMG]

This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting up with Diser Vettegirl (Lori) at Disneyland/California Adventure. I was excited to see that she had booked a last minute trip and contacted me to see if we were available to meet up. YES, we were! :thumbsup2

This worked out well since our APs expired last week so we had to renew anyway. I can now justify at least one or two more Dis trips next year since the urge to book another Disney trip immediately set in once we had those in our hands.

Once we had our new APs we were off to DCA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Refreshments were in order so we headed to the Cove Bar at Paradise Pier:

[​IMG]

A Skinny Mojito for Lori, Em got a lemonade with wild berry foam, and I ordered a Pina Colava!
    [​IMG]

And a little something to share.... Lobster nachos
    [​IMG]

And Tri tip sliders:
    [​IMG]

Group photo:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We watched the Pixar Play Parade
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we finally got on a ride... of course it was a kiddie ride in BugsLand:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we park hopped over to DL

Part of the parade or just posing in the middle of Main Street?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guess the ride??
    [​IMG]

Snack Break for a lemon cupcake:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haunted Mansion transformed .... Where Halloween collides with Christmas
    [​IMG]

Thank you to Lori for sharing a fun day with us!

Back to my regularly scheduled TR next.

17. Sundancer UK

Sundancer UK DIS Veteran

I simply must go to Disneyland some day! Your photos look so lovely, kind of retro but very cool. That honey bee cupcake is simply adorable!

18. faylynn24

faylynn24 DIS Veteran

Hi! My name is Fay. I've finally got through all the pages lol....Love your view! Helping a lot! I'm currently have two trips I'm planning. One beginning of dec with whole family (dh, 2kids ds age 5 , dd age 2, and mother in law. The other will be sometime in the summer. A "romantic" trip with my husband and I only lol.

We are planning on staying akl cl and I was hoping you knew a answer to a question I had. I don't want to call disney again lol but will if I need to. Okay, for the sunrise safari do you know if you can book it for the day you check out? Or must it be before then. It's okay if you don't know I just was hoping since you have done it before you may know. I'm new to staying at akl all together lol I am going to be lost this trip. Tia

19. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

What an adorable update and a super fun Dismeet!

I might get the award for the most random Dismeets - but you, I think, would get the award for the most Dismeets in general. LOL And it looks like you had a really fun one!

Congrats on another year of APs... Some day - I hope to have one myself...

Those lobster nachos look ahhhh-mazing! And the lemon cupcake looks pretty good too!

Great update!

D~

20. pattiken

pattiken Mouseketeer

great updates as usual Brenda. Love the animal kingdom dress and funny about getting wild for free :rotfl:
    love love those Disney land bonuses..so pretty there!! Nice to see the pina colava made another appearance :thumbsup2

21. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I saw some of your Dismeet pictures on Facebook, looks like you guys had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards