Yes...ANOTHER bag question!

yellowfish78

DIS Veteran
Forgive me for starting yet another thread on bags. I've been searching up and down for a bag to take into the parks. I've bought the Bagallini bag (and another bag that was returned promptly) that everyone raves about, but I don't like it for two reasons: the strap is just too darn wide and the bag is actually too big. Does anyone take something smaller? I'm just looking for something (reasonably priced, so that leaves out the Ameribags) to hold a water bottle, digital camera, small wallet and a folded up poncho.
Most of the bags I've been finding are 10x14x4 OR 4x4x4; the 4 inches wide is fine, but its the rest of the bag that's too big (or too small); and I can't find anything in between the two...I'm almost at the point of taking one of those lunch coolers you find at Walmart because that size would be perfect! (Now that I think about it..it might just work...)

Baggalini has a smaller wallet bag that I love. It's big enough to fit my cell phone & glasses in & has several slots for cards & change pockets. comes in a bunch of cute colors & the strap can be changed so you can either wear it over your shoulder or around your waist. And it isnt as hideous as most fanny packs. I got mine at QVC.com .

Eddie Bauer Outlet has some really great bags at really great prices. If you live local to one most all of their bags right now are either 20% or 30% off. The one that I have sounds like it'd be perfect for you. It was 30% off, small bag with a zip top and you can either carry it with a handle or it has a thin strap that you can wear over shoulder, or across your body. It is actually very adorable. Wish I had a picture to show you.

Also check out this bag at LLBean. The mini-size is $19 and it sounds like it may be the right size.

Also, never never underestimate your local Target for a pretty darn decent selection of bags! :thumbsup2 Though I've never bought one there, I've seen plenty. I just have to keep myself from spending all my money on these kind of things or else I won't be going to Disney ever!

I found this bag at work today: http://www.travelonbags.com/6268.html and I'm gonna take it home and try to pack it. I like the size, the water bottle holder (which is expandable) and is under $20. This is gonna be bag number 4 that's trying to go to Disney! :-) I'll let everyone know (if anyone does) on how it works!

DaisyLynn said:
Eddie Bauer Outlet has some really great bags at really great prices. If you live local to one most all of their bags right now are either 20% or 30% off. The one that I have sounds like it'd be perfect for you. It was 30% off, small bag with a zip top and you can either carry it with a handle or it has a thin strap that you can wear over shoulder, or across your body. It is actually very adorable. Wish I had a picture to show you.

Also check out this bag at LLBean. The mini-size is $19 and it sounds like it may be the right size.

Also, never never underestimate your local Target for a pretty darn decent selection of bags! :thumbsup2 Though I've never bought one there, I've seen plenty. I just have to keep myself from spending all my money on these kind of things or else I won't be going to Disney ever!

that LLBEAN bag is great. thanks!!! Though I have a baby so we use the SKIPHOP EXPO but good for a few years down the road :Pinkbounc

I got the Overland Equipment Donner Bag...it's great! Has water bottle/umbrella holders on the sides and even with a big bottle of diet coke, you can't even SEE the bottles once they are in the holders. Very sleek. The bag has an organizer in front, holds everything, glasses pocket, cell phone pocket...no need to bring a wallet. It's a great bag. Messenger style...very versatile, not too big, but big enough to hold my passporter, a pair of flip flops, two ponchos, and space left over. I don't know how on earth this bag holds so much...very Mary Poppins!!! :cheer2:

good luck!!!

PS-I got it at Ebags.com...best price!! I checked all over...this was the lowest price.

I bought the Bagilini a few weeks ago, it was perfect for a weeekend of sightseeing in Chicago! However, I'm also concerned it's going to be too big for Disney. I'll either be taking that bag or the LeSportsac camera bag (http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7523_5205.html) come November. I'll of course do another weekend try-out. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter