Yep, I took a picture of that (9100 total) COMPLETED 9/1

NateNLogansDad

Still Wish'n
So here’s my first attempt at a trip report coming at ya strait from the home of the 2008 World Series Champs. First, let me introduce the stars of our show.
Mommom Ginny (My mom)
Tina (the best wife ANYONE could ever ask for)
Nate (DS5 going on 16 and wants to be the next Capt Jack Sparrow)
Logan (DS3 Lightning McQueen will always win the cup in his eyes!)
And Rob (me)
dis1542.jpg

Before we get into the library of pictures, I figure we can get in a little background info. In April of 2008, Disney seemed like a nice place to go for a few rides, maybe hang out and do A LOT of walking. Other then that, a weekend at the shore (“The Beach” for you guys down south) would do us just fine. A few yrs back my parents went down to WDW for a little get away and stayed at this little place called The Beach Club (you may have heard of it) and my dad fell in love. Well, when they came back I found out they bought into this time share that is the best thing in the world….or so they said. I, on the other hand couldn’t believe they got suckered into it! The next few yrs they made several trips down there and took my brother with his friends but I was never able to go because life was just too busy (wedding, building a house with our own two hands, you know the usual stuff.)

Feb 6th 2007 we lost my Dad in a horrific accident that really messed me up for quite sometime. Mom, being who she is, kept things together and told me that when things settle down we need to just get away from it all. Disney, she told me would be a nice getaway to just reset ourselves. I really was skeptical of the idea and just couldn’t see myself having a good time. Remember kids, Mom always knows best.

We all went (Mom, kids, wife, and my brother) and stayed at the Beach Club for 10 days. When I tell you it was the perfect vacation, trust me it was. I guess everybody gets a little emotional at certain times being in Disney World, and I am no exception. I will always remember that I wouldn’t be there if it weren’t for my Dad. I just wish I had the chance to share it with him and his grandchildren. The only thing I regret about last year is that I didn’t really take enough pictures. This year, I made a promise that it wouldn’t happen again! (I had just over 9000 this year)

Well, I guess that’s enough about that and sorry for the downer. I just wanted to give you a little insight on how I feel about Disney and why. Now, lets get started on that trip report shall we?

Flash forward to May 31st 2008. We’ve been secretly counting down the days for over 6 months and the day has finally arrived. The night before was my brothers wedding day and both of my boys and myself were in the wedding party.
DIS176.jpg

We told both of them that if they were good, we would do something fun like go to the zoo or something. They had no idea that the “something” would be hopping on an airplane and flying to Orlando! The boys woke up early as usual and played Nintendo Wii for a few hrs while we snuck the suitcases out onto the porch. My mother in-law brought my mom over and they hid out for a while. When we brought the boys down they were glad to see both grandparents but still were clueless. We informed them that since they were so good they could choose where they wanted to go today. Where did they want to go do you ask? The zoo. :rotfl:
Unfortunately, we told them, the zoo is closed today. So we tried again “If you could go anywhere else in the world, where would it be?” Nate gets this big grin on his face and says “Disney?” OK, grab your shoes the bags are already packed! It took a minute for it to sink in but I was told it was the bestest day ever! I'll post a video of it later when I figure out how to convert it.

So, here we are, 11:30 am at Philly Airport waiting to be checked in.

DIS232.jpg

DIS233.jpg

Walking through the airport checking out the sights
DIS234.jpg

DIS235.jpg

Mommom enjoying a little caffeine.

DIS236.jpg

That’s when I found this beauty. Breakfast of Champions!!!!!

DIS238.jpg

Oh yea, and here’s the shirts my beautiful wife made for that morning. (They were wearing them since they woke up but didn’t know what they said!!!!)

DIS239.jpg

DIS240.jpg

Good start! I never seem to get in on the beginning of trip reports so I'm first this time! There is something special about being a DVC member and knowing you can go back to your happy place each year. While I wait for my January 2010 trip I'll enjoy your pictures - can't wait to see them - next best thing to being there is enjoying someone else's trip! :flower3:

Get ready ladies and gentleman, here we go!
DIS241.jpg

DIS242.jpg

DIS243.jpg

DIS247.jpg

DIS248.jpg

DIS249.jpg

DIS250.jpg

DIS251.jpg

DIS252.jpg

DIS253.jpg

DIS255.jpg

DIS256.jpg

DIS257.jpg

DIS258.jpg

Mommom Ginny isn’t fond of flying, notice Logan oblivious to what’s going on around him? Thank you Nintendo for creating the DS. You will notice that handheld game in many pics of us waiting in line. Whether it was for a ride or waiting for dinner, the handheld games are a MUST!!!
DIS260.jpg

Here’s a few shots I thought looked pretty cool of the clouds we were flying over and the shadows the project on the ground. Also a few storm cowds that don’t seem so bad and scary when you are passing by.
DIS261.jpg

DIS262.jpg

DIS263.jpg

DIS264.jpg

DIS265.jpg

DIS266.jpg

You have got to love the airplane food!
DIS267.jpg

After flying over nothing but water for a while, there is nothing like seeing Florida for the first time!!! (again)
DIS271.jpg

And…..touchdown!
DIS272.jpg

I love Orlando’s airport. Don’t get me wrong
Philly is really much better than it was 10 years ago but Orlando is more Wow. Listen up PHL developers, make a trip to MCO and write off as a business expense! (Feel free to stop by Magig Kingdom to check out the monorail system…..ANOTHER BUSINESS EXPENSE!!!) K, here’s some pics if you can’t get there on your own.

DIS273.jpg

DIS274.jpg

DIS275.jpg

Mommom Ginny goes in style (and brings us with her!!!)

DIS276.jpg

DIS278.jpg

Now everybody has a pic of the entrance, so here’s mine :0)

DIS279.jpg

After a short 20 min or so ride, we pull up to our vacation home
DIS280.jpg

DIS281.jpg

DIS282.jpg

DIS283.jpg

DIS284.jpg

And are greeted by this little guy
DIS285.jpg

We strolled down to Cape May Café for dinner reservations (sorry no pics, I was hungry! You saw my breakfast!) and when we came up, apparently Capt Jack must have left all these goodies for the boys!
DIS295.jpg

DIS296.jpg

DIS297.jpg

DIS298.jpg

DIS299.jpg

DIS300.jpg

DIS301.jpg

DIS302.jpg

DIS303.jpg

The boys have talked about Storm Along Bay for the last year now so I took them out for a swim. Mommom and Tina just watched and took it all in. Thanks go to my sweetheart for the following pics…..

DIS315.jpg

DIS316.jpg

DIS317.jpg

DIS318.jpg

DIS319.jpg

DIS320.jpg

DIS321.jpg

DIS322.jpg

DIS323.jpg

DIS324.jpg

DIS325.jpg

DIS326.jpg

DIS327.jpg

DIS328.jpg

DIS329.jpg

DIS330.jpg

DIS331.jpg

DIS332.jpg

DIS333.jpg

DIS334.jpg

DIS335.jpg

DIS336.jpg

Well, after the best swim I’ve had since September, we were off to see some of the parks.
Where to go on our first night there…….hmmmmm…….

Next stop MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!

There's the first installment. Sorry I needed to do so many posts. I didn't realize you can only post 25 pics at once! Gotta get to work soon so maybe I'll post up part 2 in the morning.

Good start! I never seem to get in on the beginning of trip reports so I'm first this time! There is something special about being a DVC member and knowing you can go back to your happy place each year. While I wait for my January 2010 trip I'll enjoy your pictures - can't wait to see them - next best thing to being there is enjoying someone else's trip! :flower3:

Welcome aboard!!!! I hope to get at least a couple people subbing to at least look at the pictures :surfweb: I took over 9000 but narrowed it down to about 1500-2000 I'm thinking of posting :rotfl2:

You have made we fall in love with the Beach Club! It looks great.

You have a beautiful family! Glad you have found the Disney love.

Hey I'm in. BTW, I LOVE pics, so you won't hear me complain about too many. :rotfl:

Sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. It seems he and your mom thought about the future and decided it should include being surrounded by family. Smart man! Glad you all have a happy place to which you can retreat and share new memories.

I'm in! I have two boys as well (almost 5 and just turned 2 when we go), so I love reports heavy on pirates and light on all the "yucky" princess stuff! Can't wait to read more!

I'm in too. I think it's great that you took all of those pictures. Your sons will have tons of memories from them. My son and I immediately fell in love with the Phinneaus and Ferb T shirt. He's asking for one of his own.

I can't wait for more!

I am here too!:goodvibes I love pictures :) Your sons are adorable! I love the look on their faces seeing all the loot(sp?) on the bed!pirate:

You won me over with your intro and your cute fam! Our home is BCV's as well, and seeing those pics just made me feel like I am there all over again. How nice for you that your mom & dad appreciated it when they went there the first time, and now share it with you. Too bad you didn't listen a little sooner- huh??

So................ have you planned your next trip down yet , using mom's points, or did ya buy your own?? ;)

BTW..... I'm absolutely positive you & your little family made your mom's summer by going down there with her. I have a grandson that I am just dying to take there. We've already planned a family reunion for Thanksgiving 2010- all 3 kids of mine, my SIL and my grandson Henry will be coming- and DH & I are really looking forward to spoiling the pooh out of Henry. That pirate thing, with all the loot..... GOOD IDEA!

I'm subbing. You have a lovely family. I am glad you are able to enjoy WDW with your mom, wife, and kids. I can't wait to hear about the trip.

I'm in and ready to follow along.

Great family you have there.

We're going in September....my son will be 5 and my daughter is 3. We're also staying for 10 days/nights!

I'll have to tell my wife about how many pics you took....(may have to buy another memory card) :laughing:

I lost my Dad less than a month ago and I feel connected to your trip report. Keep those pictures coming and tell your Mom you love her everyday.

Great report so far.

Hey!

Hubby and I just got back from Disney today and when I logged on the DIS boards it was like reliving our trip all over again with your pics. We are from NJ and flew from Philly as well. We stayed 7 days at All Star Music and 3 days at the Beach Club resort! I am LOVING your pics! My hubby says you're his hero. LOL He thought that HE took a lot of photos by taking over a thousand, but when he saw that you took over 9,000 now he's wondering if he should've taken more!:lmao: I'll definitely be following to see all your pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter