Yee Haw Bob at POR lounge?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by familyvacation, Dec 6, 2007.

1. familyvacation

familyvacation Earning My Ears

Has anyone seen Bob at the Bar/Lounge at the POR? We just left from there Nov 26-Dec 4th.. We caught him by accident one night.. I thought he was hilarious...

Just wanted to hear other peoplke's opinions on him :)

His song "Sara" made me want to pee my pants! LOL

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. slimplaw

slimplaw DIS Veteran

We love going to see his show. I tell everyone who goes to WDW to go see his show.

4. ssdeverell

ssdeverell DIS Veteran

Can you take children to his show? Was not sure since I think it is in the lounge. We once took DS into a pub-like place in Chicago for lunch and they made us leave because it was a bar. Very embarrassing, so we have never tried again.

5. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

We saw him summer 2006 and really enjoyed him!!! He has so much energy and is very funny. We planned on staying about 30 minutes, but ended up being there for 2 1/2 hours because we were having so much fun. Well worth the trip from another resort to enjoy this entertainer!!!

6. Mouseaholic!!!

Mouseaholic!!! DIS Veteran

The early part of Bob's show is very appropriate for children...in fact he brings them up to the stage for various songs.

We LOVE Bob.....saw him 11/24 with a big "We are .... Bob-aholics" sign....photo made it onto his website for the week following.

It's now a must-do for each visit.

You can email Bob in advance and let him know you are coming to visit.

www.yehaabob.com

Go...prepare to laugh!

Cathy

7. shefor24

shefor24 Mouseketeer

Does this cost? So its in the lounge? So go to dinner in the lounge? What time does it start? First timer to POR Dec 25- Jan 1

8. familyvacation

familyvacation Earning My Ears

It is Free.. I think he is only there Thur-Sat. But you can ask at the hotel to double check. It is kid friendly, in fact he encourages the kids to participate as well as the adults.

Not sure about dinner.. But it is from 8:30-midnight. He takes a 5 minute break about every hour.

If he is there.. I really do hope you see him. It is fun and and a great way to meet some other people. The lounge was packed and everyone was in to it. From little kids on up....

Let us know if you catch him!!! Have Fun!!!!

9. Mouseaholic!!!

Mouseaholic!!! DIS Veteran

I have just double-checked Bob's website ...yehaabob@yahoo.com... his December dates at Port Orleans/Riverside are.....

December

There is no cover charge for the lounge - although I suspect they would like you to order a drink on occassion of you are sitting at a table...but never any pressure there.

the show begins at 8:30 and runs until midnight.

We always make ADR at Boatrights for about 7 pm....go over early....enjoy a leisurly dinner and make sure we are there at 8:30 in order to get a table.

Oh yes, we ALWAYS leave a tip for Bob. He stays and signs autographed photos for the children during his breaks. He is great with the children.

Tell Bob the "Bob-aholics" sent you! (and try real hard to NOT be 10 lords a leaping during the 12 days of Christmas!!!)

Have fun!

10. Disneymar

Disneymar Earning My Ears

We just got back and saw Bob - LOVED his show!!! We arrived at the lounge around 8:15 and got a table. No pressure to order a drink, but we did end up ordering soda's. The show was wonderful! Very kid friendly, Bob's fun, extremely engaging and takes the time after his show to take pix. I'd go again and recommend this show most definitely! Really no cost, and great family entertainment!

11. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

OMG, Lords' a Leaping is exhausting.....I prefer sitting at the bar; we just have to be Five Golden Rings.....

The restaurant is next door, so you could eat first.

12. lryland

lryland Earning My Ears

I too was at New Orleans Riverside from 28 Nov until 9 Dec 2012 and caught YeeHaw Bob. I loved his show. What an amazing performer and to think he is up there on his own entertaining a room packed full of people. And he manages to everyone involved. He is a Disney hidden gem.
    What a great way to spend an evening. Loved his rendition of 12 days of Christmas.

13. Belle83

Belle83 DIS Veteran

I caught part of his show on Dec. 13th, and the parts I did overhear were pretty funny :thumbsup2 Made me want to see more.

14. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

He actually starts his Christmas show the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which is the day I arrive.

It is one of my must-dos every trip; I don't miss one night with him.