YC concierge has Beer now!

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
I know this was a huge topic a while back...so if any of you who were interested in this are out there now...listen up!!!! the YC concierge now offers beer! you have to ask for it, which is a good idea with all the kids running around, you know if they had it out, kids would get their hands on it!

they have miller lite, Bud, and I think one other kind (cant remember at the moment)
but that is good news for all of those who get headaches from wine!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

oh, i suppose BC would have beer also, since they basically offer teh same things at the Y&B club, sharing the same cast members and all... :)

Laura :)

Thanks For the new Laura!! My hubby will be so happy! Do they have it in another room? I wonder why they do not just have it out? kids could pour wine as easlily as grabbing a beer??!! Ohwell I just glad they offer it now!:)

Glad to hear it. I get those wine headaches...

Laura, Had heard they do not have the small bottled water that guests can take to go to the parks. Still true? Do they have the larger size that people can take to their rooms?

How was the rest of your trip? Was concierge full? How was the pool? Tell All!

We'll be there in 8 days!!

Sharon

I posted the same thing the other day about the Beach Club (click here for thread). I'm waiting for Nutz4dzny to return from her vacation to post the types of beer that are available in the Beach Club's concierge lounge. ~Hiccup!~

Although I'm not a beer drinke....

I've always said the YC aims to please!:D

All of the concierge services used to offer beer and/or wine. That ended sometime in the early to mid-90s. My husband is also one of those people who don't enjoy a glass of wine. If I had my choice, I would probably choose a nice cold beer over the wine--especially in the summer months!

YC & BC must have only recently begun this service again. I wonder if it will spread to the other concierge levels? I can't see us foresaking our beloved Polynesian over a beer or two. . .then again. . . . ;) Maybe there's a move afoot to change services again. I sure hope so!

As you can see, I've never changed my sig tag--there's always hope that beer will, once again, reign supreme in the concierge services of WDW! :D :p :Pinkbounc

Sharon, have a great time ! They do not have the small plastic bottles of water , they changed this almost 2 yrs ago at Y&B concierge.
They do have the large bottles you can take to your room, and plenty of soda in the cabinet in the front of the lounge.

The concierge was full when we were there, it was very busy actually, we didnt spend muucgh time in the lounge at all, except for breakfast. although that is pretty normal for us, we usually only use the lounge during the morning.
however, if we had wante to use it in the evening..I dont know that we would have , having seen the crowds,
but no biggie, we love YC cocnierge, our room was perfect, the staff was phenmenal as usual!!!! and the lounge served it's purpose for what we like to use it for - breakfast.

you wont have the crowds I did, i was there in the middle of July.... you are going the first week of Sept, one of the best (slowest) weeks in the *world* !!!

Storm a long bay was fantastic as usual !!!! I just love that pool, we rented tubes to float around the lazy river several times, it is heavenly - note: you must get to SAB early if you want to rent a tube....
we like going to the pool early, as we are not early park go'ers... :)

bottom line...YC concierge was wonderful! you will have the best time!!!!!!!!!!! :)

princessangel, Hi! Thanks for the heads up!! :)
I have a wierd question. but.. Does it seem like a bother for the staff to go get the beer? I could bring our own with us but if its there I just wondered how much of a hasle it is to get some.:)

hey Tnkrbell !

No it is not a hassle for the concierge staff to get the beer for you, on the contrary, they offered it to us :) Teresa let us know that they had the beer our first day.
and i did see qite a few people ask for it, no problem!
we honestly didnt even have any beer from concierge as my dh will only drink Bass or something similar.... they only had pale beer. and, we dont tend to drink in the resort much, at dinner and playing around world showcase (our favorite pasttime!!!:))

but no, by all means do not feel like you are bothering the cm's, they are happy to get it for you. :)

Thanks for the info, Laura. I'd our first time at YC and first every Concierge. I'm soo excited....

We're looking forward to SAB. Even my mother who is going (age 70) bought a swimsuit. First time since 1950 somthing. I bought a tube here to take for the lazy river. I don't think DD has a clue as to how big the pool really is.

Looking foward to a fantastic time!

Sharon

hey hightown! have a great time! make sure DD finds the quicksand in SAB! It is over by teh BC side, where the orange cone is floating in th pool !!! :)

That's great news Laura !! Looks like our "Beers for the Ears" revolution paid off.

Now if only I could stay at YC Concierge again soon, I'd be really happy.

We're going to WDW the first week in Dec., but we're staying at the Poly with the Armed Forces Salute discount (thanks to my DSIL), so I can't complain too loudly.

:D :D

Linda

Just back from BC Concierge. The beers available were Bud, Bud Light , Amstel Light and Heineken. The staff had to get them for you just like ordering a soda. We saw quite a few people having beer and enjoyed one every afternoon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter