YC/BC distance help

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by goofeyshell, Aug 12, 2002.

1. goofeyshell

goofeyshell Mouseketeer

can someone give me an idea (or map) of the distance between EPCOT an the YC/BC. We will be staying there in Mar and will have someone in a wheelchair-- I have not been able to find any great maps. Also is it within walking distance of Boardwalk? Thanks for info:Pinkbounc

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mark P.

Mark P. DIS Veteran

Hi,
    If you're staying at the BC, it's about a15 min. walk, and a tad more if staying at the YC. The boardwalk is right across the lake from the YC/BC resort, about a 5-10 min. walk.

I'll try to find a map and post it here for you:D

4. kellympmo

kellympmo Mouseketeer

As Mark P. stated, it is not very far for an able bodied person to walk. However, having been on a few vacations with someone in a wheelchair, it can be a bit of a hike, epecially when you factor in how much walking/pushing you will be doing in the parks the rest of the day. My suggestion would be to make good use of the boats that leave from YC/BC and take you right to Epcot, MGM, and the Boardwalk. As I recall, they all have ramps on to the boat & are ADA compliant in that regard. You may wish to verify my memory, however. You may have to wait a few minutes for the boats, but IMO saving everyone's energy is worth the wait. :D

Also, IMO (very opinionated today!), YC/BC is a great choice for a resort for a party with someone in a wheelchair just because you don't have to rely on buses as much as with other resorts. (We always seem to have a little trouble with buses.)

Hope this helps!

5. Mark P.

Mark P. DIS Veteran

Here's that map...Sorry the quality isn't the greatest, and the far left portion of the Boardwalk area was cut off. Looking at the map, the YC/BC resort is on the right hand side, the Swan&Dolphin is on the top in the middle, and the Boardwalk is on the left hand side. There's a walkway that loops right around the lake. The walkway to Epcot follows the 'stream' on the lower right portion of the map, whereas there's a bridge that also continues the Boardwalk loop.

Hope this helps ya':D

[​IMG]

6. goofeyshell

goofeyshell Mouseketeer

Hey, thanks for your help. Planning and thinking about our trip has certainly been fun!!!