Yay - We are booking today!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by snowymouse, Jan 15, 2009.

1. snowymouse

snowymouse Freezing my ears....

This is my first post on DIS. After a bunch of searching, I think we finally have the trip we want ready to book.

We are planning on arriving 03/21 , leaving 03/28. Staying at CBR. We also chose the table service dining plan (don't know the abbrev yet).

Any offers that we should know about for that time would be great!

D.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mooneyda

mooneyda Mouseketeer

welcome! Congrats on your trip I am sure you will have a blast

4. wlwilliams9

wlwilliams9 "It's green and evil...I call it greevil!!" -Dr. H

:welcome: to the DIS!! Sounds like a wonderful vacation! CBR is a beautiful resort. Have you been to WDW before? You will find anything and everything you need to know here on the DIS!

5. princess&her4princes

princess&her4princes DIS Veteran

Yay!! We booked today too!!:cool1:

6. mooneyda

mooneyda Mouseketeer

congrats to you to I am sure you will also have a blast

7. snowymouse

I have been twice when I was a kid/teenager in the 70's and early 80's. Then we took our 8 yr old DS and 5 yr old DD 2 years ago. We stayed at the DoubleTree across from Downtown Disney last time. It was great because we had a suite which was very convenient. But it seemed like we lacked the feeling of really being there in the middle of everything. So this time we decided to be "on the property". Hope we made the right choice. Anything we should know about the CBR? Can we choose rooms, areas (Jamaica, Martinique etc.)? And do you have any recommendations for the best area to be in?

Also, where do you all get those countdown graphics in your signatures?

8. tazdev3225

tazdev3225 <font color=darkorchid>I sucked my thumb up with t

There is a whole thread on the CBR in the Resorts section of the Trip Planning forums. It has answered a lot of questions for me.

9. crzyeeyoreangel

crzyeeyoreangel Mouseketeer

Congrats! I plan on booking tomorrow.

I have learned some much for this board. ;-)

10. MarkinNM

MarkinNM NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

:welcome:

CBR sounds like fun!!

DDP I am on the line on that one, not sure if its for us, what made you decide?

11. snowymouse

We just wanted to budget for most of our main food needs and pay for it now. We went 2 years ago and armed with that experience we know that the plan will work for us. What we didn't do last time was prebook any table service restaurants, and it was so busy that we didn't get to any of them. Not this time. We took the time and preplanned our days (as much as we could) and booked our character dinners and breakfasts for each day.

12. Sukie

Sukie DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 It seems like that you have everything under control. Happy planning and posting.

13. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

14. Haganfam5

Haganfam5 Mouseketeer

Hi! Congratulations! It sounds like you have the hang of it and you will love staying on Disney property.

I don't know if you are driving or flying but I would recommend a rental car. We enjoy the ease of having our own transportation and the ability to go anywhere whenever we want. Also, parking is free for Disney resort guests.

Oh, and about the tickers. On each persons there is a link to them or a web address. Just go there, create yours, get the link and add it to your signature on your user page. Enjoy and have fun! :cheer2:

15. penni520

penni520 Mouseketeer

I just booked my 4th trip to disney. I will be taking my DD18, she has never been to disney. Here is our plan's so far
    Dec 12-19th staying at Pop Century (50's Building, ground room)5day park hopper,Basic dining, Gaylord Palms (Ice), 1 day at Disney Quest, 80 min spa treatment for mother and daughter.

I can't wait to take my daughter to the best place on the earth, And watch the magic in your eye's.

I will also have a room package delieverd to our room from Disney Florist. I booked the priness package with a spa robe.