Ya'll think good thoughts for us...

minkydog

DIS Cast Member
I took DH to the ED yesterday morning with chest pain & shortness of breath. Long story short, the cardiac cath revealed that it wasn't a heart attack but more likely pericarditis. It's the second bout in the last 6 months. He's doing better tonight, still using oxygen but he can get out of bed and walk a little. I helped him bathe, so that perked him up. The steroids have shot his blood sugar through the roof, so he's fuzzy-headed and drinking everything in sight. Insulin helps that. They did an echocardiagram this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed for us--it looked like there was a lot of fluid in the pericardial sac. Hope he doesn't need to have that evacuated(you don't wanna know!)

As you can see in my siggie, we leave Tuesday for WDW. DH is determined he's going to go on this vacation. We bought travel insurance *just in case*--we never know with DH. Ya'll send some pixy dust this way, okay:wizard:

I am thinking good thoughts for you all.....and know what it feels like not knowing whether you will go or not.. we recently went through that with our visit this past December, but DH rallied and we went and had a blast.

So I am sending my perk up and get well energy your way....Hugs to your DH, this cannot be easy on him....I know what it is like on you being the caretaker, hugs to you too..

UPDATE--Woo-hoo! party:
DH is better today. Blood sugar is under control, only a little bit of fluid in the pericardial sac(no procedures necessary,whew!) He was pretty exhausted by the trip home so he's in bed with his oxygen now. We told the cardiologist about our impending WDW trip--he was not happy, but he didn't forbid the trip. DH has promised to use the scooter, not ride any big rides, and to take at least 2 naps a day in the hotel room. He probably won't join us for ever park, just for meals. I told the MD we were staying at the Poly, so he agreed that DH ought to be okay. We've called the oxygen company and they're going to set us up with a company in Orlando who can deliver.:moped:

If you want to meet up next week we'll be over at POTC or Small World:rotfl: Look for a man on oxygen riding a scooter & a woman in an ankle brace pushing a big kid in a wheelchair :crazy:

Good for you.. you go and have the best time you can. Take the rests when you have to and just enjoy.. :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter