Yak and Yeti or Nine Dragons?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ldnoggle, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ldnoggle

ldnoggle Mouseketeer

Hi,

I am trying to figure out ADRs for our November trip, and one request has been to eat at one Chinese restaurant. From reading reviews, I can't decide on Yak and Yeti or Nine Dragons. This will be a lunch (most likely), and we will fit it during our AK day or one of our Epcot days. Oh- and I have seen some comparison of Nine Dragons to PF Changs, which we really like.

From anyone who has been to both or has strong feelings about either, which would you choose?

Thanks for the help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

We prefer Yak & Yeti, no question. We have had very bad experiences at Nine Dragons. Yak and Yeti has great food (their salmon dish and chicken lomein are delicious!), the decor is nice, and the service was great. :goodvibes

4. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

I think they're both pretty similar to PF Changs, but personally I like Yak and Yeti better. Plus if you're on the DDP, and will be getting dessert, I'd go to Yak and Yeti for that reason alone.

5. engle

engle DIS Veteran

I would go with Yak and Yeti. I have eaten at both and LOVED Nine Dragons the first time I went (just after the refurb) and then went again this past Januaray. It was just okay. I actually find Yak and Yeti to be more PF Changs like with more interesting menu items. Check out the menus...that will help too...

6. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Another Yak & Yeti vote here!

If you want to try Nine Dragons, eat at the Quick Service next to it: same kitchen, same cooks, same food - just smaller portions and much cheaper.

7. Maestra99

Maestra99 Mouseketeer

I would also definitely choose Yak & Yeti! It's one of only 2 restaurants that we've never skipped on a trip. It's a lot more "unusual" than Nine Dragons, in both atmosphere and menu. Don't get me wrong, the food isn't "weird," it's just more special than Nine Dragons. Nine Dragons is more like regular Chinese food that I can get at home, in my opinion anyway. The cream cheese wonton dessert at Y&Y is one of my favorite in all of Disney. :thumbsup2

8. ldnoggle

ldnoggle Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! We are on the DXDDP so it definitely sounds like we should take advantage of Yak and Yeti's dessert! I've looked at the menus for both but these opinions have really helped me decide!

9. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

Great choice Yak and Yeti was one of the highlights of our November trip and excited to go there again next month.

10. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

We like both, but like Yak and Yeti better.

11. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

Another Yak vote here!

12. hailbug

hailbug Mouseketeer

We love Yak & Yeti! The food is so good! We had lunch there in September and we are returning for lunch again this September!

The Egg rolls and Pot Sticker Appetizers were really good. For our Entree we had Lo Mein and Honey Chicken both were good. The Sorbet trio for Dessert is Delicious!

It is one of our Fav's in all of WDW!:thumbsup2

13. DianeW

DianeW Worshipping at the shrine of the corporate Mouse

Yak & Yeti. Hands down. Yummy wontons. :thumbsup2

14. ammama

ammama Earning My Ears

Yak & Yeti! It is one restaurant that we never miss when we visit!

15. sambisc

sambisc Mouseketeer

Yak and Yeti for us too..menu is interesting and not your usual Chinese fare.

16. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

We tried Nine Dragons for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. But for sure there is no dessert to speak of! We had excellent food, service and we got a table right at the window which was awesome. But I think next time we'll try Yak and Yeti because dessert is part of the fun of the DDP for us!

17. Nohal

Nohal DIS Veteran

Another vote for Yak & Yeti. We have eaten at both and prefer Yak & Yeti. The cream cheese wontons are one of the best deserts at Disney.

18. johnnyt

johnnyt Earning My Ears

Yak & Yeti is not owned by Disney and is over-priced Panda Express

19. StacyMarie

StacyMarie DIS Veteran

What is this wonderful desert you speak of? We are going in August and I want to be prepared, lol!

20. Bob NC

Bob NC DIS Veteran<br><font color="red">I am a trained pr

I like them both.

Don't stress too much, because you can't go wrong either way.

21. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

I have been to both and like both...if I could I would move Y&Y to another park because we never get to AK lol

I would pick whatever fits best with your plans. Food and drink is great at both