Yak and Yeti Counter Service

bgsnmky

DIS Veteran
Does the Yak and Yeti - have counter service for the Quick service dining.

I have eaten in the restaurant before, but I haven't seen the counter service. Is it at the same restaurant?

Has anyone used the quick service dining there.

They sure do! I don't remember how it's called (Andapur someting?). They're located on the way to Expedition Everest. We loved the food there, thought it was a great value on the QSDP (I had the shrimp lo mein, and they weren't cheap on the shrimps! And I love their mango pie. Yum!).

I definatly plan on hitting that spot again on our next trip this December :-)

They sure do! I don't remember how it's called (Andapur someting?). They're located on the way to Expedition Everest. We loved the food there, thought it was a great value on the QSDP (I had the shrimp lo mein, and they weren't cheap on the shrimps! And I love their mango pie. Yum!).

I definatly plan on hitting that spot again on our next trip this December :-)

Awesome..we loved the yak and yeti restaurant food.

So this is NOT connected....we WILL find it

Actually, the Yak & Yeti quick serve location is attached to the table service restaurant...just to the right, toward Asia. You can't miss it.

Ate there twice on our last trip. It has surpassed Flame Tree BBQ for my family!

Ate there twice on our last trip. It has surpassed Flame Tree BBQ for my family!

When my whole family was at WDW last year, we split up. The group that went to Y&Y had finished eating and walked over to Flame Tree before the Flame Tree group had even ordered. That alone made me prefer Y&Y, but the food was great and there was a lot of it.

Here's their menu:
DisneyTrip09_109.jpg

And I have a review in both my August Dining Review and my February Dining Review

Thanks for the pic. And look at all the snack credit eligible items too. Yummy.

I had the shrimp lo mein, and they weren't cheap on the shrimps!
:-)

My DH had the shrimp lo mein too, and it was LOADED with shrimp! The portion was so huge that we could have shared it. He ended up throwing some out, which is highly unusual for him, because he's a big eater!

My DS 14 had the honey chicken which was good, and I had the mandarin chicken salad, which was also good. It was like 100* that day, and I couldn't stand the thought of eating something hot! My DS 10 had a cheeseburger I think....I can't remember. Whatever it was, it was off the kids menu!

We all had frozen lemonades, except for DS10. He chose the jello, which was disgusting. Thank goodness for snack credits and ice cream later! (FYI, we asked if we could pick up our frozen lemonades after we ate lunch, so they wouldn't melt. The answer was no. They did melt a little, but they were frozen pretty solid to begin with)

Now, someone tell me the secret of finding some shade to eat, my food. I don't wish to be roasted. While enjoying my Y&Y meal.
Also, what time does it open?? TIA

Y&Y is not listed on the 2010 Quick Dining Service Plan.
Also, FYI Wolfgang Puck Express in downtown Disney was taken off for 2010 :sad2:

Y&Y is not listed on the 2010 Quick Dining Service Plan.
Also, FYI Wolfgang Puck Express in downtown Disney was taken off for 2010 :sad2:

The non-Disney owned restaurants each negotiate separately and, often, the contracts aren't finalized until later in the year. You can expect both Yak & Yeti and Wolfgang Puck to be part of the 2010 plan once their contracts are negotiated/finalized. Of course there is always the chance that the renegotiation does not happen and a restaurant drops off the DDP, but the fact that they aren't listed for 2010 right now doesn't mean they won't be. The updated list will be out closer to the end of 2009.

Yea every yr there are several restaurants I hold my breath over and then towards the end of the yr they are added and I breath a sigh of relief but..you never know..Here is too hoping! I coudnt imagine WGPE not being on DDP, I think alot of their patrons are on the plan tho..Wouldnt seem prudent to dump IMHO!

The non-Disney owned restaurants each negotiate separately and, often, the contracts aren't finalized until later in the year. You can expect both Yak & Yeti and Wolfgang Puck to be part of the 2010 plan once their contracts are negotiated/finalized. Of course there is always the chance that the renegotiation does not happen and a restaurant drops off the DDP, but the fact that they aren't listed for 2010 right now doesn't mean they won't be. The updated list will be out closer to the end of 2009.

Wow! That is good news. Thanks for the info

Does the Yak and Yeti - have counter service for the Quick service dining.

I have eaten in the restaurant before, but I haven't seen the counter service. Is it at the same restaurant?

Has anyone used the quick service dining there.

I'm in the minority here -- this was one of the WORST CS restaurants we've ever been to. I didn't expect anything better than my local chinese take out food, but the sweet & sour was yucky and the lomein wasn't good either.

Maybe we visited it on an off day so go ahead and try it for yourself, but this is one CS that we won't hurry back to!! :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts