Yachtsman

I wouldn't wear jeans either, you probably wouldn't be turned away but I'd still rather wear something a little "smarter'" like chinos.

Nothing wrong with jeans at all. I ate in all of the signatures, and the majority of all diners were dressed casually in jeans, shorts, etc. Obviously, you want to look neat and clean. With the exception of Victoria & Alberts, where jackets are required, all of the signature restaurants are on the casual side.

When I went in Nov 2010 my travel mates and I all wore nice shirts and jeans. This is also my plan at our Artisan Point dinner this trip since we'll be in MK that day.

I have an ADR ay Yachtsman on my birthday this year and since we'll be staying at the BC I might do a quick stop at our room to dress up a little but more so cause of the birthday (the big 3-0 :faint:) than the restaurant

Does this just apply to Yachtsman? Specifically I am hoping Narcoossee's still has the Maine Lobster since it is their signature dish...

Yes, they way she talked it was for Yachtsman only. Why I do not know but I was bummed because I don't eat steak, I sacraficed and went for DH but it eas worth it:rotfl: As far as I know Narcoosee's still has lobster. The WDW dining app I have does still show it available but no longer shows Surf & Turf available at Yachtsman. Good luck!

Yes, they way she talked it was for Yachtsman only. Why I do not know but I was bummed because I don't eat steak, I sacraficed and went for DH but it eas worth it:rotfl: As far as I know Narcoosee's still has lobster. The WDW dining app I have does still show it available but no longer shows Surf & Turf available at Yachtsman. Good luck!

Thank you!

No turf n surf last October. DH would have been so happy but...Hope it is on the menu this Nov. But I am not holding my breath. Lol! 20 years ago it was on just about every menu. But lately. NO! I have worn jean capris a cute top and sneakers and felt like I was better dressed than some!

We eat at the Yachtsman every trip and I guess we have been lucky in that I have never seen anyone dressed inappropriately and never anyone in a thong. :sad2:

Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I just had to respond to Sammie's hilarious response to my post which included that I saw people in Yachtsman in "thongs".

I'm assuming that Sammie knows that "thongs" are also sandals with straps between the toes. But I'll admit, it would be very interesting indeed to see a diner wearing a body thong - which I assume Sammie meant because of the :sad2: Maybe not, but then it was a hilarious thought - or else I just have a weird sense of humor! :rotfl2:

It used to be a classier place, but the DDP wrecked it in a hurry. Last time we were there, we saw no less than 4 men in tank tops (with the obligatory hat on backwards), kids running around everywhere.. may as well have been at the coconut races at Ohana..

Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I just had to respond to Sammie's hilarious response to my post which included that I saw people in Yachtsman in "thongs".

I'm assuming that Sammie knows that "thongs" are also sandals with straps between the toes. But I'll admit, it would be very interesting indeed to see a diner wearing a body thong - which I assume Sammie meant because of the :sad2: Maybe not, but then it was a hilarious thought - or else I just have a weird sense of humor! :rotfl2:

:lmao: I totally read the post to mean there were people dining in skimpy underwear. Then I remembered that my mom always calls flip flops "thongs." Whenever I tease her about it she says that everyone used to call them that. I'm glad to know you were referring to shoes ;)

I had planned to get the surf and turf when we went last week, but it wasn't on the menu. I was quite happy with the Prime NY Strip though :thumbsup2

It used to be a classier place, but the DDP wrecked it in a hurry. Last time we were there, we saw no less than 4 men in tank tops (with the obligatory hat on backwards), kids running around everywhere.. may as well have been at the coconut races at Ohana..
How is the Dining Plan to blame for this?

Jeans are acceptable according to WDW's dress guidelines for signature restaurant as long as they are not torn or have holes.

We ate at Yachtsman in August for our Wedding meal - so I guess you could say we were all really well dressed, me in the big dress and DH in a Biege Linen Suit and white shirt. However the family at the next table were not, in my eyes, appropriatley dressed for the restaurant. The two boys and the father all had swim shorts on, the father wearing a tee-shirt with surftboards and slogans. One of the boys - about 7 or 8 was wrapped in towels having apparently been dragged in from the pool to have a meal.

shame on the one hand to be out for a posh meal and have your stylish clothes on to have someone next to you turn up in their casuals. However, although I would never go with towel or scruffy clothes I do admit that if this restaurant were in the UK DD and DS would go in smart trousers/shirt/shoes but as we are on a tight 'baggage budget' we wouldn't want to pack trousers for them to wear for two hours. I am a little worried about if deck shoes or trainers would be deemed suitable with dress shorts and polos as I am reluctant to pack two pairs of smart shoes for dinner here on one night. No problem for dd and I as we always change into a dress and sandals in the evening on holidays - just love the excuse to clean up nicely :)

Deck shoes and/or Trainers are fine also - a step up from the "thongs"!

I'm sorry, but I've lost it! :hyper: No one would believe how hysterical Sammie's post makes me every time I think of it! :rotfl2: I keep picturing eating at Yachtsman, & everyone looking up & seeing someone walk in wearing nothing on the bottom portion of their body except a "thong"!!! woohoo!!!! :cool1: in the breezy way! Ok, I'll leave everyone alone now & watch the debate - don't think that will be as funny! :happytv:

Deck shoes and/or Trainers are fine also - a step up from the "thongs"!

I'm sorry, but I've lost it! :hyper: No one would believe how hysterical Sammie's post makes me every time I think of it! :rotfl2: I keep picturing eating at Yachtsman, & everyone looking up & seeing someone walk in wearing nothing on the bottom portion of their body except a "thong"!!! woohoo!!!! :cool1: in the breezy way! Ok, I'll leave everyone alone now & watch the debate - don't think that will be as funny! :happytv:

thanks that deck shoes are fine - makes life with my two males much easier :goodvibes as for the thongs little bits of Ibiza covering is what it means to me too :rotfl: I will never look at my flip flops in the same way again.

When I lived in Ohio, flip flops were called thongs and they were the cheap rubberish ones we wore to the pool (and no where else).

It wasn't until I moved to Florida that I heard them called flip flops and saw so many more styles than I was accustomed to.

As to how the DDP caused the chaos in Yachtsman, I would guess the poster was implying that when people were paying OOP for signature dining, they would tend to dress a little nicer and either send the kids to the kids club or tell them they had to be on their best behavior. In my opinion, it seems like more people go straight from/to the parks from the signature restaurants treating them like they are any other casual restaurant instead of something special. It's a lot easier to do that when all the restaurants are the same "cost" (i.e., free or prepaid, even if it takes two credits) at the time you're there. I've only eaten at Yachtsman once (it was my mom and I) and we dressed nice for the meal. That was back before the DDP, and it really felt more like a fine dining experience than other Disney restaurants we had visited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter