Yachtsman or LeCellier?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by BC24, Jan 14, 2013.

1. melifeld

melifeld Mouseketeer

Definitely Yachtsman. Le Cellier was okay, but the food, service and atmosphere were much better at Yachtsman. Le Cellier food was just okay and the place is loud and crowded. Even my DH commented that we were packed in there like sardines, and he rarely complains when you are feeding him!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

I'm back!! Athough I'm not going to be much help with comparing Yachtsman and LC...we ended up getting a LC reservation by luck. I walked up and they said they had no openings (I thought I'd try) and several other people were also getting turned away. Then as I was about to walk out I heard two women saying they were going to cancel. I asked the hostess if I could have their reservation if they cancelled and she said yes. They ended up cancelling and we got a table!

I will say that the cheese soup, pretzel bread, and filet were amazing! I eat a lot of steak and I know there are a lot of LC haters but my filet was a good size and melted like butter. It was cooked perfectly.

I will admit that I ate at LC 2 years ago and had a NY strip and it wasn't anything spectacular. However, I liked the rest of my meal and I was with my parents who both got the filet and said it was the best steak they ever had. Again, we're a big steak eating family and my dad never things a steak is as good as he can cook so that's a huge compliment from him. I really wanted a a reservation there this trip.

From the many people I asked the consensus seemed to be that the filet at LC is good but other cuts are not so good...at least that's a common comment I got from about 5 CMs that I talked to about the difference.

As a side note, I don't like mushrooms so got the cheesy scallop potatoes and they were delicious!!

Overall it was a great meal. I know every restaurant has it's faults and tastes are subjective but my DH and I both really enjoyed our meal and the service was fabulous as well.

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

We've done LeCellier a number of times, the last being in 2011. We did Yachtsman for the first time this past December. We will NEVER go back for LeCellier (unless we just go for soup and bread). Our meal in 2011 was terrible; Yachtsman was out of this world and near perfect.

5. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

It is great to hear the good reviews for Yachtsman. We have ate at Le Cellier many times because DH loves it. But I have never been fond of Le Cellier.

We are trying Yachtsman for the first time in June.

:goodvibes

6. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

We ate at both, a few days apart on our last trip. We both enjoyed the Yachtsman much more than LC. Our food was better, and the service and atmosphere were better for us.