Yachtsman or Le Cellier??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by rozac, Apr 1, 2013.

?

Yachtsman or Le Cellier??

1. Yachtsman

2. Le Cellier

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rozac

rozac Mouseketeer

What's your fave & why? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

Yachtsman for professional service, fantastic aged steaks, and nice setting.

4. NoSoup4U

NoSoup4U I am Art Vandelay

Yes. I agree 1000%. Yachstman without a doubt.

I didnt care for LC at all. Its so overrated.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Yachtsman without hesitation. The filet was amazing and we thought the atmosphere was great. I didn't think Le Cellier was all that great and really have no desire to return. Yachtsman, on the other hand, is at the top of our ADR list for our next trip.

6. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

None of which are provided by LeCellier ;)

7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Not even close - YSH is so much better than LC.

8. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

Just ate at Yachtsman for the first time after a few dinners at Le Cellier. The food and service at Yachtsman are far superior. The only advantage I can see to Le Cellier is that it is in a park; and that's not much of one.

9. Brocktoon

Brocktoon 21st Century Schizoid Man

While I still enjoy LC, YSH is easily in a higher category for service and food quality. YSH is always a must do for our trips!

10. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Yachtsman :thumbsup2

11. sophie832

sophie832 Addicted to DL and WDW!

The steaks at Yachtsman are far superior to LC. I do think there are some LC foods that are delicious, but for overall service and quality, it's gotta be YS!

12. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I'm going to buck the trend and go with Le Cellier. I agree that the service is better at Yachtsman, but I like the decor/setting of Le Cellier better. I felt like LC has a cohesive theme, whereas Yachtman couldn't decide if it's a nautical or cowboy restaurant. As for food, both were very good, but I liked the side (mushroom risotto) at Le Cellier better.

13. wdw&sonny

wdw&sonny DIS Veteran

For us, yes, the steaks (filets) were better at Yachtsman's But overall we enjoyed our experience at Le Cellier better. We had a short wait and were entertained by the hostess with Disney and Canada trivia. The service was excellent, we enjoyed the pretzel bread and cheese soup. We had basically the same meal at both restaurants, soup or salad, filets, shared a couple desserts and Le Cellier was significantly less expensive (oop). But, I am splitting hairs...I would certainly return to either one.

14. WDWFANCBIIIME

WDWFANCBIIIME DIS Veteran

Honestly you could not PAY me to eat at Yachtsman it was BY FAR the worst signature I have ever eaten at tried it twice WILL NEVER eat there again Le Cellier is soooo much better! People do not like it because reservations are difficult that is the only reason!

15. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

have you looked lately? Reservations are getting much easier.... :rotfl2: I had several days were it came up on my trip next week (and I was looking last week.) I chose to leave them open for other unsuspecting tourists rather then waste my cash there again. (Yes, I gave this place a couple of tries!)

Actually I think it's been "popular" simply because "if it's that hard to get a reservation it must be good" followed by well "for that much money we must have liked it"

ANd I can't see how Yatchsman was that much cheaper. An 8 oz filet at LeCellier is $43 and $42 at Yatchsman....

16. NoSoup4U

NoSoup4U I am Art Vandelay

Speak for yourself! There are people out there, believe it or not, who think that the food at LC is simply NOT THAT GOOD. The steak and soup are not great! Very disappointing meal. And the service sucked!

17. ldnoggle

ldnoggle Mouseketeer

After eating at both, I'd have to say YSH. In fact, it's the only ADR we're making for a last minute trip in July. We've had great service at both- but thought the Yachtsman was more of a "signature" experience- and we rated each course above what we had at Le Cellier.

18. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

Depends on your server. Our server at YSH on 3/20 was okay but that's about all I would rank her. Our servers at LeCellier have (most of the time) been phenemonal!
    And my good aged steak was over cooked. I asked for medium rare and imo was no where close! I even said I like it bloody! It was hardly even pink let alone red.
    The setting was nice as far as we got a nice view since we had a window seat and could look out at the pool. But honestly, I will NOT be rushing back there. The service was not great, just okay. And the mashed potatoes were VERY plain which was extremely disappointing especially after having eaten at Narcossee's a few days earlier.
    I vote for LeCellier. I have NEVER received an overcooked filet in all the times I have eaten there! :)

19. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Not true for me, I didn't like the food. IMO, it's easier to get an ADR at Le Cellier now than it used to be. I tried Le Cellier before it changed to a signature and never returned as I didn't like the food, so I definitely have no desire to go back now that it's a signature and costs more. I know I can get much better food elsewhere in an atmosphere more to my liking.

20. PlutoSchwartz

PlutoSchwartz Earning My Ears

I personally prefer Le Cellier... I find the atmosphere more welcoming.

21. clapton

clapton DIS Veteran

Like both but prefer LC. Like the atmosphere better and thought the food was very good!