Yachtsman and kids

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by PrincessesX3, Jan 9, 2013.

1. PrincessesX3

PrincessesX3 Mouseketeer

We want to try Yachtsman in August. My DDs will be 6, 6, and 3. They are well behaved in restaurants, majority of the time. A babysitter is out of the question. I want to celebrate DHs birthday there. Can I bring IPads and coloring books for entertainment? OR is this a big mistake? TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Well behaved children are welcome in YSH. Just be aware that meals are paced such that you will probably be there 90-120 minutes. It may help if you book an early (5:30 or so) reservation.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Also make sure you keep the sound down on the Ipads. If it helps the kids behave and prevents them from yelling or running around I'm all for it.

5. SusieBea

SusieBea DIS Veteran

Except for Victoria and Albert's, I feel like all WDW restaurants welcome children. We ate at Narcoossee's in October w/ our daughters' families and two young DGC. My daughter did exactly what you're asking about, and the server said our DGS was the best behaved child she'd ever served. DD also did this w/ DGS at Artist Point and Sanaa. I agree w/ the PP about keeping the sound down, but if the iPad helps everyone enjoy the meal, what's the harm?

6. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

I'll just agree with others -- ipads/coloring books are good ideas. I do however don't think you'll be there almost 2 hours...if you want faster service, the waiter/waitress will be happy to oblige (I think we were there for maybe an hour, tops.)

7. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

Yes, they'll be fine. Get the Chocolate Mickey puzzle for their desserts

8. PrincessesX3

PrincessesX3 Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone! I can't wait to book in 37 days.

9. mfulk

mfulk Mouseketeer

I agree with this. We've eaten at a number of signatures our last 3 trips with our 4 young children and we are often finished in an hour.