Yacht Club to AKL for Boma breakfast?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by GDL, Aug 16, 2013.

1. GDL

GDL Earning My Ears

Got a 9:30 breakfast at Boma next week. Staying at the Yacht Club. Is my best bet to get there via Disney is to walk to either Epcot or HStudios and then take a bus to the AKL? If so, which one would be the best, Epcot or the Studios?

Also, one more question about getting back to our resort after an evening at DD.
    Would it be worth it to fork over $20 for a taxi back to the Yacht or just take the bus. I think I have read horrific times back to the resorts via Disney from DD.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jamal

jamal <font color=blue>Nutwing #4<br><font color=deeppin

My suggestion to get to your Boma breakfast is definitely to take a taxi. Otherwise, take the boat to HS then bus to AKL. That will take well over an hour and I would allow 90 minutes. If you arrive early, explore the Lodge!

4. Farps

Farps Mouseketeer

Boat to DHS and bus to AKL is a good plan. And from our experience with DD buses, they have been a nightmare. We have sworn to never use them again, so a taxi is a great idea!!! Just my opinion.

5. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

Just like your instincts and the other folks said - take a cab. They are easily available and save you a huge headache to start the day! Use Disney Transportation to come back or to get you where you are going for the day but to get there - I'd take a cab!

This is one of the reasons I rarely eat at other resorts for breakfast!

6. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

I agree with the other posters that the easiest option is to take a taxi. It'll be about $18 plus tip (it was $18 from AKL to Epcot).

For non-taxi options, you can take the boat to DHS and then catch a bus. The boat is about 20 minutes (with a stop at the Swan/Dolphin first).

In order to access the Epcot bus stops, you'll need to walk through Epcot. If you have park hoppers (or are planning on going to Epcot for that day), you can enter via IG, walk to the front, and then out to the bus stop. The one problem is that Epcot normally opens around 9:00 am (unless it's the EMH morning), so you'd be hard pressed to get through Epcot, to the buses and to AKL by 9:30 am.