Yacht Club - restaurant reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This table service restaurant is located in the Newport Bay Club. This is a nice restaurant for those who enjoy seafood and fine dining in a warm and relaxed atmosphere.
Many of the specials are based around seafood.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

The day after dinner at restaurant Manhattan, ex-BF and I went to NBC for dinner. We had reservations at the Yacht Club, a restaurant I had wanted to visit for a long time, but until now, my mom hadn't gone there with me (with my mom, I had gone once to Cape Cod restaurant, also at NBC)

After the short walk through very bad weather (rain and wind), we arrived at the restaurant. The staff wasn't very friendly, and they put us at a table in a corner instead of at one of the many free tables at a window :confused3 .

I had the clam chowder:

P1020065.jpg

Followed by sea brass (sorry, no picture) and a sundae:

P1020068.jpg

The sundae was rather special. As you can perhaps see on the picture, it's a cup in a cup, between the two cups was some blue liquid that started "smoking" when they poured another liquid in it. It was quite spectacular!

J had the smoked salmon

P1020066.jpg

Followed by the flambeed shrimp (sorry, no picture) Once again, he didn't take dessert :confused3

The food was delicious, but the staff wasn't friendly at all.
Also, at some point, the "lounge" music tha had been playing in the restaurant changed into a happy birthday song. After the birthday song, it changed into "club" music, and I was rather shocked to hear a song where the lyrics only consisted of "motherf*cker". WTH???? Another song was about "I don't want kids"... I can understand THAT, but still... rather weird hearing such music at Disney!

Thought I'd add a report on my experience, which was excellent. The Yacht club is very elegant for a theme park restaurant. Food was very good, but my dad says the clam chowder at Walt's was better. The previous post commented on the quality of the service and music. We didn't experience a problem with either. I don't remember what music was playing, which probably means it was perfect. And our waitress was the best I had during my two-week trip around France. She was attentive and what really set her apart - friendly. Of course the quality of your wait-staff is luck of the draw, but our experience was very positive.

Had dinner here earlier this month and loved it! The sea brass was delecious and the sample starter too. Don't remember what I had for dessert :s
Music and service were both fine.

Ooo! This looks my kind of place! Lots of fish! Has anyone eaten here and had the meat options? If so, were they good??

Bob xoxox

Or indeed, has anyone eaten here at all recently and found it good?

Bob xoxox

Seeing as how we're going to be staying here, I just thought I'd ask again- Anybody eaten here recently and thought it was good?

Bob xoxoxox

Bump??

I'll guess nobody has then.... Oh well....

Bob xoxox

Just keep bumping...bumping bumping bumping.... Oh how I love to.... (My homage to Dory!!)

Still nobody??

Bob xoxox

sorry Bolanette, it has been a little while since we ate there, but it was great.

I had clam chowder followed by surf and turf (Fillet Mignon and Lobster). It was awesome. My wife had fishy options, so cannot really talk in the non fishy terms, but the steak was perfect.

sorry Bolanette, it has been a little while since we ate there, but it was great.

I had clam chowder followed by surf and turf (Fillet Mignon and Lobster). It was awesome. My wife had fishy options, so cannot really talk in the non fishy terms, but the steak was perfect.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to hug you!! :hug: I've been asking for agggeeees!!!

Thank you. We're staying at the Newport in September, and I was trying to convince my Fiance that it would be nice to eat in the hotel. He wasn't convinced however, swearing it would all be seafood. Maybe I can persuade him after all if the steak was good..... :goodvibes If not though- It's another reason to go back to DLRP!!! :p!!!

Bob xoxoxox

Happy to be of service. I hope you too bring each other much joy. It is quite a romantic restaurant - hopefully there will be more than just steak. It could be worth contacting Disney dining and asking.

Happy to be of service. I hope you too bring each other much joy. It is quite a romantic restaurant - hopefully there will be more than just steak. It could be worth contacting Disney dining and asking.

I just want to reassure him that its not just seafood and that it would be an option..... He is a fairly picky eater, but I'm determined to send that out of the window this trip.... :goodvibes

Thanks again.

Bob xoxoxox

OOh i look forward to hearing about it if you do go here Bob, its a maybe for us on Oct.

OOh i look forward to hearing about it if you do go here Bob, its a maybe for us on Oct.

I don't know if we will, but there's always a chance. We hardly ever stick to our plans!! Lol!!!!

Bob xoxoxox

I also wanted to try this one, as we will be staying at NPB next week. But, it is closed for a while (not sure how long) ... guess we'll have to wait 'til next trip!

I love seafood but opted not to have it at this restaurant. I had a trio of starters including fois gras and a lovely russian salad followed by duck (seriously the best duck breast I've ever eaten) sorry no picture, so I can confirm that there are plenty of non fish options. On the whole I reckon this was the best value and nicest meal we have ever had at dlp. Esp as the kids get a buffet whilst the adults can eat al a carte. Prices were reasonable too.

This is one of the few restaurants in DLP that just keeps getting better. We eat dinner here every few moths and it keeps climbing on my favorite list (about on top now, together with Manhattan). Both service and food have become excellent. And if you get a table with lake view the decor is beautiful too. As in most table service restaurants, I would advice to try the more expensive menu. Usually the price difference isn't that big and the courses are better and more original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter