Yacht Club/ Beach Club... We need input

Sister Scoop Disney

Mouseketeer
Tell us everything you can about the YC/BC!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're thinking about moving to one of these hotels. We have never heard one negative and like that!!!! We thought they might be stuffy, but everyone says that the cm's are warm and friendly and the h otels get the highest praise. We just stayed at the WL and LOVED it, but we want to try something else. For those who have tried both resorts. (YC/BC)... which do you like better and why? eVEN IF YOU'VE ONLY TRIED ONE.......... give us your input. We leave in 13 days!!! Thank you all!!!

Love the YC because it's quieter than Boardwalk and a short walk to Epcot. (then easy monorail to MK.) Boardwalk also fun in the evening. MGM short boat ride. You can also see Epcot fireworks from lagoon or room if you have a view. Plenty of accessible places to eat. A really all-around neat resort.

the YC is my favorite resort. This was my first deluxe and I have tried others, that I do like ect. BWI, POLY,WL but i still like the YC the best, close walk to Epcot and the people are super duper nice. I am staying at the BWI next June again only cause I am getting an upgrade to concierge cause this yr. concierge experience was horrible there. I just hope I am not sorry, I can always change, June isn't there busiest season. I have never tried the BC but I bet that is nice too.:D

I have stayed at the Yacht Club two consecutive years and will be staying again in September. I could not ask more from a resort. Loved the service, Loved the location, Loved the Resort!!! The Yacht Club is home to, IMHO, the best pool on property. It offers excellent location without the noise of the Boardwalk.

I couldn't be happier with our selection. We even chose it over the GF this year!!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Alicia

Wow! Lover_of_Disney summed it up perfectly for me! These are the reasons we have stayed at the YC for 7 years, and hopefully will next summer as well. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

And, how about the Beach Club? Cali-D will be trying the Beach Club for the first time in a couple months...

The only difference between the YC & BC is the color scheming of the resorts, and that 1 resort is closer than the other, even though both resorts are connected by the main floor.

But for me, I <u>LOVE</u> the YC!!! I love the theme, the dark hardwood floors, the bold colors, the wonderful CM staff, EVERYTHING about it!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE both resorts!!! My Hubby and D prefer Beach side I prefer Yacht side,(Its all in the colors)
I feel this is the best hotel anywhere (IMHO) Then again my Dad didnt like it as much her prefered PoR??!!
Ok back to the yacht and beach :) It has the best pool,great cm,great food.
When are you going??

BC for us been there 3 times and going back in Dec. Great location closest to Epcot and CM's are great! You can't go wrong with either YC or BC.:Pinkbounc

Just came back from BCV. We fell in love with this resort. We loved it so much we are going back to OKW in Nov but are going to the YC on our last night when we hope to be attending CP.:D

BC is the best! BC, BC, BC! Closer to Epcot, closer to Boardwalk, beautiful pale blue, more of a beachy theme, more laid-back, Cape May Cafe (great buffet!) in the lobby, not as stuffy... BC my favorite over the 2 by far!!!!!

~mariamouse~:smooth:

I would base my final decision on renovations. One of these resorts (the Yacht Club?) is having renovations done now, and the other will be started shortly. If you are going to Disney in several months, I would go with the Yacht Club, due to the fact that it's been redone. And, this would mean that the Beach Club would be in the process of being redone and might be noisy.

Double check which is in the renovation stage now, but I think the Yacht Club is the one that is almost done.

Kathy

There is one other difference between the two. From what I have heard (I have only stayed at YC), but some people have reported that you can end up with some clunker room views at BC. Some have reported that they have been looking out their window at a roof.

As near as I can tell, the YC doesn't really have any "bad" views. We had two great water views at YC. If I weren't a DVC member I would definitely go to YC again, and so long as DVC does offer the option, I am sure we will stay at YC again.

We just returned from YC - absolutely beautiful, the rooms were just done over. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We loved the location to epcot and mgm. SAB was great, my boys
could have stayed at the pool all day and night. The only draw
back was that lobby, pool and parking lot are far away from
rooms. We had a beautiful room with a great view but a lot of
walking to and from pool and lobby. It was very convenient walking to and from epcot. I really didn't have any complaints.
Good Luck in deciding what to do.:) :)

We love them both, but prefer the YC as nearly all rooms have FULL balconies (except ground floor rooms, of course). At the BC not all rooms have balconies and some have those small "single person" balconies.

Both are great resorts, though.

We love BC & YC!!!!!

We will be trying the BCV this year for Thanksgiving!

I also wanted to say hi from Howard County, MD.

We (DH, DD-15, DS-14 and myself) stayed at the Beach Club in April and we all LOVED IT! We had a standard room (2 queens and a daybed) and requested a room close to Epcot.

We were thrilled with our location - 5th closest room to the Epcot International Gateway. We also enjoyed Beaches & Cream, Cape May Cafe and Storm along Bay.

It was less than a 5 minute walk and we were in Epcot. <br><font color=red>Very handy when we did 'Beers Around the World'!</font color>

The BC is our absolute favorite resort. We love it so much that we bought at the new BCV. The color scheme and relaxed atmosphere is probably what we enjoy the most at the BC except, of course, for Stormalong Bay. The location is great too! Easy walks to MGM, Epcot, Boardwalk and the S&D.

Although we have not stayed at the YC, it has everything going for it that BC does except different color scheme and more formal atmosphere. IMHO, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Enjoy!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter