Xplor Park in Playa Del Carman

kendzee94

DIS Veteran
Please tell me your thoughts on this excursion. It appears to have really good reviews on trip advisor, but I was hoping to hear from someone who did it on a DCL cruise. The description says it's a 45 minute boat ride, and I've seen some sketchy reviews about the boat ride, not the excursion. Thoughts!? Thanks!

We did this in may 2012. The ferry ride over is not what I imagined (a boat that holds 10 cars and 50 people with 30 cars, two buses and 300 people "really officer, we have no idea why it sank). The boat comes right into the port, and several dcl exclusions board it. There is seating for everyone. It was quite nice actually. The boat ride was only about 30 minutes - and fortunately for us the water was calm.

We had a blast at xplor park. The zip lines are great. There are two circuits, we did them both. (Back to back or you will waste a lot of time in the equipment line)

Both are very good. If you plan to do both, start with the one that has shorter line. Some zip lines land in water, and there is at least one water slide in one (or both) circuits. Don't wear tennis shoes, wear sturdy sandals (ie teva) or water shoes.

There are also jeeps to drive. The path is above ground and under ground. This was kinda fun. My 21yo drove and was a typical kid. We had a couple of issues . Sometime he didn't slow down enough before entering the caves and we kinda got stuck, and the steering wasn't the best. But then again, it was due to inexperience, wanting to go fast and just being a kid.

There are also two river adventures. One is a raft the other is a swim. We did the raft and wished we did the swim. The rafts are a little hard to control, the paddles are "boards" that you strap to your hands and off you go.

A decent buffet lunch is included as are lockers.

It is one of the more expensive excursions, but it is worth it. We were there when it was not that busy. If you are there in high season the lines would be much longer and you would have to decide on what to do (both zip line circuits) and what not to do (rafts / jeeps). I think we had to be heading to the bus by 3:00 so it's not a full day either.

We did this in may 2012. The ferry ride over is not what I imagined (a boat that holds 10 cars and 50 people with 30 cars, two buses and 300 people "really officer, we have no idea why it sank). The boat comes right into the port, and several dcl exclusions board it. There is seating for everyone. It was quite nice actually. The boat ride was only about 30 minutes - and fortunately for us the water was calm.

We had a blast at xplor park. The zip lines are great. There are two circuits, we did them both. (Back to back or you will waste a lot of time in the equipment line)

Both are very good. If you plan to do both, start with the one that has shorter line. Some zip lines land in water, and there is at least one water slide in one (or both) circuits. Don't wear tennis shoes, wear sturdy sandals (ie teva) or water shoes.

There are also jeeps to drive. The path is above ground and under ground. This was kinda fun. My 21yo drove and was a typical kid. We had a couple of issues . Sometime he didn't slow down enough before entering the caves and we kinda got stuck, and the steering wasn't the best. But then again, it was due to inexperience, wanting to go fast and just being a kid.

There are also two river adventures. One is a raft the other is a swim. We did the raft and wished we did the swim. The rafts are a little hard to control, the paddles are "boards" that you strap to your hands and off you go.

A decent buffet lunch is included as are lockers.

It is one of the more expensive excursions, but it is worth it. We were there when it was not that busy. If you are there in high season the lines would be much longer and you would have to decide on what to do (both zip line circuits) and what not to do (rafts / jeeps). I think we had to be heading to the bus by 3:00 so it's not a full day either.

Thanks!

Anyone else done this? It's the only DCL excursion we are considering for the Western. Everything else we're doing independent. For Cozumel we're torn between this thru the cruise line or the XRail to Jade Caverns via outside vendor (only way we would be able to do it because of our travel party age mix). I'd love to go to XPlor but it seems like a lot of transit time. Worry about lines, too, since we'll be the last week of May. Maybe it's one to save for a more "off" time.

We did this in March 2012. I was a little nervous because DH and I were the only ones on the ship doing that excursion. The weather was really windy so the boat ride from Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen was rough! Once we got to the park though, it was great! We had so much fun on the zip lines. DH wore a Go Pro on his helmet and took video of the zip lines. I posted some of the videos on YouTube. A fantastic buffet lunch is included in the price, but we didn't eat anything because we were afraid of getting sick on the boat ride back! I highly recommend this excursion and would do it again in a heartbeat!

I saw pictures of the stairs. Are they horrible? How many sets of them are there (as in are they going to kill us:rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter