Xmas/New Year trip report - Day Two!!!

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
On with the show......

Thursday 29 December 2005

We got up at 8 and got ready for the cold day ahead. After the freezing day yesterday I was in two t-shirts, fleece and jacket and two pairs of socks (they were to prove useless against the onslaught!!). We decided to try the breakfast at the Kyriad as we hadn't done it last time. It was fine and we had a good lot to keep us going for a while. We ran and grabbed the shuttle over to the parks.

As we were making our way in there was demonstration/strike on by some workers - there were a sizeable number and they were handing out leaflets to guests going into the park. It was all well managed by those looking after it and other than seeing them here, it didn’t appear to affect and operation in the park that day. We made our usual way into the park, across town square and into City Hall where I made a some reservations. We had a look around Town Square and then waited for Minnie as we knew she would be out at 10.

We were second in the queue and she spent ages with us - Mum had a Minnie hat on and she was very taken with this - she put it on my Mum’s head and then she gave me a kiss. We went and had a look on the shops on the right of Main Street. Mickey was out as was Brer Bear. We joined the queue for the Princesses and chatted to some other guests. I got up to have my pic taken with Aurora and she said it was nice to see me again - she remembered me from last month! Well that just made my day! She asked if I had a nice Christmas and was lovely! Cinderella arrived as Aurora was talking to me so she said I had better just wait for Cinderella so she got down from the podium and Cinders joined me - I couldn’t have planned it better!!!

We went up through the Castle and had a look in the lovely warm inviting Christmas shop and then headed into Fantasyland. I got my piccie taken with Daisy after the usual scrum with people - the system for characters makes me so mad!! We headed over to Belle’s Village and had a look around. We then went over past Pirates into Adventure Isle where we went on an adventure - I almost went on my bum crossing the high rope bridge!!

We made our way down and checked out Indy but the queue was too long. We headed into Frontierland and Mum got me a lovely pair of Mickey gloves to warm my poor little hands!! As we were heading into Central Plaza I exchanged a pin with a nice CM - I got a lovely Jessica Christmas pin. We decided to check out Discoveryland and looked in Constellations. Mum bought me a lovely Mickey jacket and photo album and we used one of our 20% AP vouchers. We then made our way into Fantasyland (via Bella Notre) and I got myself and Mum some drinks. We got a great spot and stood and watched Belle’s Musical Medley again. I got my pic taken with the three girls and waited for Belle but she was mobbed by folks - I knew I’d be back!! Mum had her piccie taken with Gaston!

We went down through La Belle au Bois Dormant (my Mum’s new favourite saying) and down Main Street. We got some tins of sweets in the sweetie shop and had a look in the Emporium. We headed out and over to the Village taking some more pics. I got Mum a lovely Minnie all done up for Xmas. We walked in the freezing cold over to Newport Bay - the lake was completely frozen and added to the bitter cold feeling that was engulfing us! We decided to have lunch here in Cape Cod - it was good and we used our AP’s to full effect - free drinkies and 10% discount! I don’t know what I would do without them! We went up to Concierge and after a bit of confusion we picked up our tickets for tonight’s show of Tinkerbell.

We left Newport Bay and on the way back feed the ducks, swans and birds with the rolls we took for the Newport Bay - naughty us!! The birds were funny slipping over the ice running to grab the bread! We saw the Minnie train car going around the Village and gave the driver a wave. We went to go and see if Panoramique was open but alas not. I went into the Rainforest Cafe to check about bookings for NYE and also bought Mum a nice scarf from there.

As we were walking back through the Village I thought I spotted someone - Hayley Evetts - the girl playing Sandy in Grease which was on at the Disney Dome - she is known in the UK for being in the first Pop Idol show. It was her and she kindly stopped when I called her name and had her pic taken with me. She chatted for a minute and we told her we were coming to see the show tomorrow.

We decided to check out the Studios now and headed into Studio 1. I finally found the Stitch Christmas pin I had been looking for!! Saw the Christmas streetmosphere people out and chatted to some CM’s who were admiring my pins. We came into the main park and saw the beautiful site of Tower of Terror rising over everything - I love this ride perhaps more than any other......I can’t wait for this to open!! I got my pic taken with Mr Incredible and then we had a look in the Animation Academy. I got my pic taken with Woody and there were lots of other characters about. It started to snow really heavily which made the park look lovely!

I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but I do enjoy spending time in this park. I do think it'll be a while before I give Animagique or Lights, Motors, Action another go but only cause I've done them before. I then had my pic taken with Abbey Mallard - at least I think that's the character's name! Took some pics in the snow and did Carpets which was a walk on. I then had a pic with Elastigirl. We hadn’t done the Backlot Tour on our last trip so I thought we could give it a go again - plus it would mean a seat for 10 minutes!! The queue wasn’t anymore than 5 minutes and off we went. It was fine but there was a problem with Catastrophe Canyon and it didn’t go first time so we circled and went in again! The heat from Reign of Fire was lovely! It also gave us a great view of the backside of Terror! (the tower that is!)

We came off and took a walk up to Rock n’ Roller - a 40 minute wait - no thanks! We decided to go Cinemagique which we love! It was great! It was bitterly cold outside now! Had a look in the shops and headed over to the Park. We strolled up Main Street as the Enchanted Fairytale ceremony was taking place and managed to get quite close to the front. Got some pics and vowed we’d be there in plenty of time for it one night to be at the front. We went over to Phantom Manor and did this - incredible!

Went back through Central Plaza and alongside the Castle to get our usual parade spot for Fantillusion. Ws ace as usual - we followed Minnie for a bit and then went down the side to go in to Discovery arcade. We went into the photo shop and got two pics of us both with Minnie from this morning. Came out in time to see Maleficent come past at the end of the parade - you might have picked up by now she's kinda a favourite of mine! We went across Main Street into the Emporium and Mum got some lovely Mickey gloves and matching hat.

We left the park and had a look around the Xmas stalls and the shops in the Village - it was busy as you would expect at this time of night. We went over to Newport Bay and got a seat in the lobby of the Convention Centre. It was nice to be sitting down for a bit and we were there in plenty of time. I then got in the queue which was forming to get inside. There were a good number of people in front of us to go in but when we did go in we walked towards the front and a CM asked how many - on telling them two, they took us to the front table in the centre where the two front seats were free....I don’t know how we managed it but we were certainly glad we did!

We were sat with a pleasant Spanish family - one of the two girls was so tired - she slept through most of it!! We had a good chat with one of the staff serving our table - she was a native from our homeland of Northern Ireland! Food was great and plentiful for such a large operation. A Violinist was playing during the dessert and then Father Christmas came on the scene! The whole show was wonderful - the dancing and storytelling where great. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I was more than pleasantly surprised by the show. I am now officially in love with Tinkerbell!!!

We left the show and headed back over to the bus area - it was well after midnight so we grabbed a taxi back to the Kyriad. Another great day!! :wizard:

Gosh, you must have been exhausted after doing all that!!! Sounds like a really wonderful day. You obviously love having your photo taken with the characters as much as we do!!! Thanks for putting in so many little details - they really make it come alive.

No worries! My Mum jokes that I only bring her along so she can take my photo with the characters....not true but I do love them!! :cool1:

Another lovely day. We also went to the Tinkerbell show, wasn't it fantastic. :goodvibes

maleficent_man said:
No worries! My Mum jokes that I only bring her along so she can take my photo with the characters....not true but I do love them!! :cool1:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

On to day three!!![Once I've caught my breath!]
Kaye :goodvibes

Wow, you really do pack a lot of stuff into a day! We love meeting the characters too, they make such great photos! Looking forward to day 3!

Phew! I need a sit just reading about your day!

It sounds like a great day, you even found some time to be kind to the ducks etc. I'm sure nobody would begrudge them a bit of bread during the Christmas holidays.

It sounds like it was very cold!:cold:

You certainly packed alot into one day ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter