Xmas Day

DizneyDaze

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happ
Can anyone help with Xmas Day plans, where should we go Xmas Day, are any restaurants open in the evening, what about shops is everything closed as in the UK?

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:wave:

Hi,

We were there last christmas, everything in the parks are open as normal, as are the restaurants , but you need to book well in advance, as you might find it hard to get a table otherwise.

We spent christmas day in MGM, as we knew Magic Kingdom would be manic, MGM was busy but managable, we done all the rides in the day, and then at night we seen the Osbourne Lights which are breathtaking, it was quite cold that night, so we were walking around drinking hot chocolate, with the snow all around, listening to the christmas carols, it was a really christmassy feeling that night, one that we'll never forget in a hurry.

You'll have a fab time,

HELEN :)

Ditto whats been said. We went to EPCOT and it was very quiet Christmas Day, a bit chilly walking round but wonderful and we did the Christmas Candlelight thing at EPCOT early evening which was very atmospheric.:D

They have Xmas story tellers around the 'world' too, and the decorations are fantastic:D

We then hopped over to the Poly and ate in OHanas, you can watch the fireworks at MK from the window or from the beach there...I drank too much and forgot!!:)

Have fun:Pinkbounc

Hi :wave: ,

We were also there last Christmas Day and NYE and we spent the morning just relaxing at the resort (Wilderness Lodge) and then in the afternoon we headed over to Magic Kingdom - yes, it was very busy, but the atmosphere was amazing and it was a magical way to spend Christmas Day.

Ditto to that Helen said about making restaurant PS'/Reservations early, as on Xmas day they fill up very FAST! We had dinner at The California Grill in the CR.

HTH

Richard. :)

Hello

We were there last Christmas and went to Discovery Cove in the day and Ohanas for dinner.

We are going to be there this christmas also and once again we are at Discovery cove in the day but are going to Victoria and Alberts for dinner.

Thanks so much, so is it best to eat at one of the resorts or is there anywhere in MK that does a special Xmas Day menu?

If we want to get PS for the CG how far out can you call is it 60 or 90 days?

Thanks again you are all so helpful.

Hi,

I think the PS for CG at the CR can be made 120 days out. I think that most people usually decide to eat in one of the resort restaurants. I can't say that I noticed any table service restaurants in MK serving but then again we weren't looking so I am not sure.

HTH

Richard. :)

I know some people eat at Liberty Tree Tavern at MK as its a 'Christmass' meal'.........not done it myself but sounds nice:)

We went to MK on Xmas day 3 years ago. We got there fiarly early, ate breakfast at the bakery, wandered around and did quite a few rides before 11 and then sat and people watched until midday when we has our PS ressies at the CP.

The meal there is not special for Xmas but it is roast dinner with all the trimmings anyway!

Work out the 60/120 day ressie day carefully and get on the phone the second they open. We started 5 mins to go and just kept hitting redial.

You'd be surprised at how many people didn't sort out PS ressies in advance and then got angry when they couldn't be offered anything on the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter