Xmas 2014 which deluxe or mod?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by carlacv, Oct 7, 2013.

1. carlacv

carlacv Earning My Ears

Probably to early to plan but my boys (15 & 12) want to spend Xmas 2014 at WDW. Any suggestions on which Mod or Deluxe hoes over the top for the holidays? We have stayed at Nee Orleans, CSR and AKL all in September (various years) Loved them all,

Thank u!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KonaKaiTom

KonaKaiTom DIS Veteran

With two teenage boys -- Wilderness Lodge would be awesome. It is a "manly" over the top Christmas decor there. You might get some Beach Club suggestions, but I think Wilderness Lodge would be their wish come true.

Tom

4. mamatobbg

mamatobbg Mouseketeer

We stayed at AKL over the holiday season. It was beautiful, but since you've stayed there before I also vote for WL. I've not stayed there, but it's on my list of resorts to try. It's so beautiful--I imagine with the holiday decor, it would be stunning.

(We're planning our Jan. '15 trip, so not too early in my book! ;-) )

5. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

x2 :thumbsup2

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Another vote for the WL. The resort is amazing any time of year, but especially so during the holidays. All of the resorts are nicely decorated, but the WL has that "wow" factor the minute you walk into the lobby.

7. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I would recommend CBR for a moderate. There is something really fun about being in a tropical resort with Christmas music.

8. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

It's certainly not too early to plan. Christmas is a very popular time at WDW and rooms get booked up far in advance. Remember that you can call and book room-only up to 500 days in advance, so you can at least lock in your room now.

9. hedberg1661

hedberg1661 DIS Veteran

WL is a great choice. If you have the coin...GF is amazing too. The gingerbread house in the lobby and sights throughout are amazing. BC is also a good choice in my book.

10. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Wilderness Lodge bunk beds rooms with two teenage boys would be fantastic. :thumbsup2

11. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

One other thing to consider is renting DVC points for the WL villas. A studio is approximately 25 points per night over Christmas/New Years and points rent for about $12-$14 per point with no additional taxes. You would need to find someone with VWL points, book in January 2014 and probably pay in full with no refunds. If you have the cash and your plans are firm, it's a great way to save money during a time when discounts are scarce. At $12 per point it's an effective rate of $268 v/s the rack rate if $491 ( and that's 2013 rates. It will be higher in 2014).

12. BuzzLiteyear

BuzzLiteyear To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t

We stayed at AKL this past Christmas and it was amazing. Very large tree in the main lobby and very beautifully decorated. We are hoping to go back in 2014. Have fun planning.

13. carlacv

carlacv Earning My Ears

Thank u all for your input! I agree Wilderness Lodge it is hopefully it will come true 2014!

14. pmaurer74

pmaurer74 DIS Veteran

Wilderness Lodge!

15. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

Another vote for WL!!!