Xbox Help

jstbcuz

DIS Veteran
I bought my son an Xbox for Christmas that came with the Lego Movie Game. In the description it says

Xbox One 500 GB console features The LEGO Movie Videogame (Xbox Live and broadband Internet required for initial download of game)

I thought if I didnt want to play online that I didnt have to buy the Xbox Live card, and that I could just put the disk in and it would work.

Please help this game challenged momma.

Xbox live is the online side of microsoft's content and account management. It is a free service that allows you to download content you've payed for or sometimes stuff they give away for free.
Xbox live GOLD is the subscription service that allows you to play online against other players and have access to more free content than non subscribers.
Either way you do need a broadband connection for the device at all times, as I believe it checks for authorized use and updates randomly.

It sounds like you have to download the game using the code it came with. You will have to set up the Xbox to connect to your home network. It should have prompted you with this setup when you first turned it on. Once your Xbox is connected online you go to the game shop and there should be an option to redeem a code. Then just enter the code from the Lego game card that came with the Xbox. It will then download the game to the hard drive. You do not need Xbox live gold to do this. That is the paid subscription for people who want to play others online. Hope this helps!

There is no game disk inside the box. There will be a card where you scratch off to get the download code. You do not have to purchase an Xbox Gold account, but you do need an internet connection and an Xbox Live account for the Xbox to download the game and any future software updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter