Wyndham Bonnet Creek Staying off site advise

Mommymalinoski

Earning My Ears
We are frequent Disney goers, but have always stayed on site. This April will be our first trip to Mickey's where we are going to stay off site. We will be staying in a Three bedroom Villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek! We have friends who are new members to the time share and want to use their points for this trip.

I am looking to get any information on the property. The good the bad the ugly! and any tips for the best building to request, what has the best views. Which pools are amazing for a three year old! It will be my sons third birthday :)

I have heard that transport to the parks can be expensive, 16$ a person each way, is this true? if so would you recommend renting a car? we are annual pass holders, so parking is free. We just never rent a car because when staying on property you can use Magic Express and then you have the bus system... Also what are recommendations for airport transport?

First check out the conversation on We Looove Bonnet Creek Resort on this forum. the very first page will tell you what all comes in the condo.
Yes, rent a car. Orlando is the number one place in the US for car rentals. Lots of companies and great prices. Pick up the car at the airport. It is a super easy drive to the resort using the south exit out of the airport. Just follow the signs for the Disney Caribbean Beach resort as WBC is next door.
You will be spoiled by having your transportation ready when you are as opposed to waiting at Disney resorts for the bus. I do recommend doing valet parking at the contemporary resort for magic kingdom days. That way you avoid the long lines for the monorail and just walk back to CR to get your car. Especially if 3 year old has fallen asleep in the stroller. No need to awaken him until the car had been brought up.
WBC does not take request for location. You may ask when checking in and some folks have had success with slipping a $20 to the person checking them in. I would say building one as it is closest to the main building that has a large sprinkler play area for smaller children or building 4. Both are equal distance to main building pool area.
You will love all the room and having a washing machine right in your condo. I recommend bring the washing pods and dryer sheets. It is amazing how much less you need to pack when you can do a load every night.
Do not bother with the parking pass. It is an attempt to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation. They do not take no and are very pushie. Your room key will get you into the property. No need for a parking pass.
You may find it easier to have each family rent a car as you may wish to come back for afternoon naps. It is best to bring your own car seat with you. The airlines with not charge to ship it on the plane.
Have a wonderful visit. I hope you love WBC as much as we do.

Have stayed at WBC twice. Love it. As above, read the thread, but it is soooooooo long.
You will wonder why you haven't always stayed here. The value compared to WDW resorts is unbelievable.
Have Garden Grocer deliver groceries. Order on-line. Having a full kitchen, separate dining, living, bedrooms, multiple bathrooms. You may never stay on property again.
You will be very impressed with the grounds, the villa, the service etc.
Regardless of which building you are in, you will love it. You can walk to any building and use their facilities. Some have lazy river, shuffle board, pirate ship pool. The hotel has a quieter pool, better for adults. By building 6 and hotel is Back Bay Grill. Surprisingly good food in a scenic open-air restaurant. Great for lunch/snack.

RENT A CAR. Check the rental sites frequently and book when rate is low...but then check again and again. Cancelling reservation does not cost anything.
I disagree with above about "time share" being pushy. We never had any high pressure sales person. We simply politely declined the tour as our plans were already made and we were too busy. They didn't push.

I don't have experience with Wyndham's sales people because I've always skipped getting the parking pass and then disconnected my room phone, but I can't imagine they could be worse than the Westgate folks :rotfl:

I also will be staying here for the first time in 2017 (due to a friend making the arrangements for a group of us). I have heard differing info on the shuttles. Some people say they charge, others say they are free. Can anyone explain this? And any other tips also appreciated.

I also will be staying here for the first time in 2017 (due to a friend making the arrangements for a group of us). I have heard differing info on the shuttles. Some people say they charge, others say they are free. Can anyone explain this? And any other tips also appreciated.

Shuttles used to be free (about 3-4 years ago), but there is definitely a charge for them now. Not sure what the charge is, as we always have a car. My only tip would be to ensure that you have access to a car as that makes staying offsite so much more enjoyable.

Shuttles used to be free (about 3-4 years ago), but there is definitely a charge for them now. Not sure what the charge is, as we always have a car. My only tip would be to ensure that you have access to a car as that makes staying offsite so much more enjoyable.

I called them (407) 238-3500, and they told me this. Its 8$ per person (including young children, they would charge me for my two year old) per ROUND TRIP to the park. If you want to come back for a mid day break - that's TWO round trips so $16 per person per day. For a family of three to go 7 days and take the mid day break the total is $336. for no break its $112.

Also its on a schedule, and its not as often as you think. For example to come back from the parks in the afternoon your choices are 1pm, 5pm , 10 and 11pm. They dont start to the park until 8am, so rope drop is out of the question.

We will be renting a car. Enterprise quoted us roughly 200$ for the week for a nice SUV. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

I called them (407) 238-3500, and they told me this. Its 8$ per person (including young children, they would charge me for my two year old) per ROUND TRIP to the park. If you want to come back for a mid day break - that's TWO round trips so $16 per person per day. For a family of three to go 7 days and take the mid day break the total is $336. for no break its $112.

Also its on a schedule, and its not as often as you think. For example to come back from the parks in the afternoon your choices are 1pm, 5pm , 10 and 11pm. They dont start to the park until 8am, so rope drop is out of the question.

We will be renting a car. Enterprise quoted us roughly 200$ for the week for a nice SUV. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter