• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Pay It Forward Bin OUTDATED

Great! I'm scheduled for the bin in a few weeks. Can you let me know what color the bin is and if there is special markings on the bin to identify it? I'm sure I will be contributing lots of stuff to the bin when we're there. Thanks for the info.

The bin is teal, Lisa and has the disboards pay it forward #2 on it. It was very easy to find, and as long as the person before you marks it with your name and puts it back at the bell services at the main building, you should have no trouble finding it. The bin was stuffed full when it was dropped off after our visit, so unless it's used a lot, there might not be a ton of space to put your leftovers in. There's also bins in the buildings to donate your stuff, I believe. We had some coupons for Earl of Sandwich that were dated for before the next person picked up the bin, so we just left them on the table at the entrance to our building and they were snatched up within the first hour of being placed there.

Thanks. Teal should be easy to spot. We are doing Bonnet Creek 4 days before and after our Disney cruise so I'm thinking we will have lots of leftovers. We will be 5 families staying in 3 and 2 bedrooms, plus we are all flying in. Probably unlikely to bring all of our things back.
I'll see if I will have time to pick up a second bin and perhaps start up a new bin#1, no promises. If not I'll just drop off in the lobby bins.
Thanks.

I sent you a PM but wasn't sure if I needed to post here as well. My family will be staying at BC 7/13/2015 - 7/18/2015 and would like to sign up for any available bin. Thanks

I also sent a PM and will post here as well. We are staying from 8/10/15-8/18/15 and also interested in signing up for an avail bin.

Thanks!

Everything should be updated to here. Also if anyone could update on the status of Bin 2 that would be awesome.

Also, if anyone wants to restart Bin 1 that would be awesome, otherwise I'll do it in October.

We used Bin 2 during our stay there. I dropped it off to baggage storage in the main tower this past Tuesday, 6/23. It is packed to the brim with lots of useful items inside. Items in the bin included: soft sided cooler, sunscreen and aloe vera lotion, glow sticks, sand toys, and many other items. Many of the items were useful during our stay.

I have already PM'd the next person on the list, and the bin is labeled with their name and arrival date and ready for them.

I was planning to start a Bin 1, but just ran out of time.

Since no one has Bin 2 for my dates and since there is still no Bin 1, can I swap from Bin 1 to Bin 2 for Sep 1-12?

Well, now that @TwoMisfits is no longer the person in front of me for Bin 1, I guess (unless @Portugal1000 restarts the bin) I can restart it when we go in Sept. If someone will tell me exactly what to buy and do, lol. We will be going to Walmart for grocery shopping so should be able to buy a bin (what do they look like?) and put a few things in it to get it going again when we are done. I am on the list again in November so I guess I will be benefiting myself if I do, lol. Let me know. :)

I just needed to update that if someone else wants the bin September 18-26th we will no longer be staying at WBC. My best friend will be so I can likely freshen the bin if needed, but I'd hate to take it if someone can actually use it.

I just needed to update that if someone else wants the bin September 18-26th we will no longer be staying at WBC. My best friend will be so I can likely freshen the bin if needed, but I'd hate to take it if someone can actually use it.

Can I have those dates for bin 2? We will be there 9/18-22 (currently have the missing bin 1 those days). I will still get bin 1 started if you want, but I would like to use a bin too, if I could. :)

Heading back to Orlando in 2016! When will 2016 reservations be available? I need 5/28/2016 - 6/4/2016 for Bin #2 (since it appears to be the only one that isn't AWOL right now).

Can I have those dates for bin 2? We will be there 9/18-22 (currently have the missing bin 1 those days). I will still get bin 1 started if you want, but I would like to use a bin too, if I could. :)
Works for me. I will not ask for the bin when visiting my friend. Hope you can enjoy the bin!

My family and I will be at WBC for the first time 8-3 to 8-7 if the teal is still not reserved. Working on my 10 posts. Thanks and such a great idea.

Hi, staying at Bonnet Creek from 8.22 to 8.29. I read the rules and can absolutely return it but what's in the bin?

Hi, staying at Bonnet Creek from 8.22 to 8.29. I read the rules and can absolutely return it but what's in the bin?

Sorry, but both the bins are spoken for during your trip, plus it would have been to close to your stay to sign up since you would have needed to contact the people before you with information. Definitely try on your next trip!

I am going to try and start Bin 1 on my trip next month. As I will have Bin 2 at that time, I was going to wait to see what it looked like so I could buy what I needed at Walmart during our grocery shopping trip when we get there. But looking at the schedule, @goodbunny leaves the day I arrive, so I may not be able to see it before I go shopping. And I highly doubt DH will let me go shopping a second time. So could someone PLEASE tell me what the bins look like (how many gallon tote, etc.)?? I MAY be able to get another orange one, as it will be closer to Halloween, but is it okay if I get another color (just not teal)?

I restarted a bin once, long ago. I can't remember the exact size of the tote - 30-35 gallon or so, I think- but just get a fairly big one with a lid that attaches firmly. A distinctive color helps it to stand out. The one I got was an intense sapphire blue, but any color will do. It's also helpful to buy index cards (bright colors would be good), a sharpie marker, and packing tape. You can use these to make and attach labels for the bin. I taped an index card to each side and to the top, with the name of the person who would be picking it up and the date of the pickup. The labeling supplies can be left in the bin for the next person.

I restarted a bin once, long ago. I can't remember the exact size of the tote - 30-35 gallon or so, I think- but just get a fairly big one with a lid that attaches firmly. A distinctive color helps it to stand out. The one I got was an intense sapphire blue, but any color will do. It's also helpful to buy index cards (bright colors would be good), a sharpie marker, and packing tape. You can use these to make and attach labels for the bin. I taped an index card to each side and to the top, with the name of the person who would be picking it up and the date of the pickup. The labeling supplies can be left in the bin for the next person.

THANK YOU!! I have been hoping someone would reply, lol! Okay, good suggestions. Did you label it at all (Pay it Forward Bin 1?), or just put the person's name on it?

At the time, people were using the lime green Mickey head paint chips to designate a Disboards connection, and I did tape a few of those to the bin. But those paint chips went away some time ago. It probably wouldn't hurt to put at least a couple of index cards on the bin that say something like Pay It Forward Bin 1, along with the name of the person picking it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter