Wyndham Bonnet Creek : Can I check in before 4 pm?

kdorn75

Earning My Ears
Hi

This will be my first trip to Florida and we will stay at Bonnet Creek. Unfortunarely, we have very tighten schedule and have to take red eye flight that will arrive 6:30 am in the morning, I have 5 years old daughter. We will go to DSW first and then will be back to resort, but I read on tripadvisor and people said that Bonnet Creek won't allow guests to check in before 4 pm, is this true?

I am so concerned and didn't know what to do if my kid get tired before 4 pm :(

Depends on the day of the week, if you are VIP, and if the room is available. Friday and Saturday policy is to register VIP's first, not sure if you can get them to budge or not.

Time share units generally don't have as much inventory available for early checkin as regular hotel rooms. Places like Bonnet Creek tend to have high bookings. It takes time for housekeeping to clean the units. Unless you're a VIP I wouldn't count on early availability.

Will you have a car? Do you think your child will sleep on the plane? I have no idea what hotels, if any offer a day rate. I'd be tempted to book a room for the night I'm leaving but tell the hotel you'll be checking in very late (next morning) You could even book a room with PL and try to checkin over the phone. I'd call the afternoon and again right before my flight departs.

I'd only do this if you'll have a car and if you're pretty sure you child will need a nap before 4p. I don't even think 4p is a guarantee.

edited to add: You booked a flight which arrives at 6:30a. You booked a timeshare resort with a 4p check in time. You have a 5 year old child. What were your plans when you booked your flight? Did you think your child would sleep on the plane and be good until 4p? Then go with it. Did you think BC would be like a "regular" hotel and you might get a room early? Then try to book something.

We don't know your child. If you hung out by the pool would she nap on a lounge chair?

EDITED TO ADD--Had you posted before you made your reservations I would have suggested booking a regular hotel room for you first night. A Disney value if you won't have a rental car or something with PL if you do. I don't know if you can change your reservations. The chances of POP having a room for you before noon is excellent. It's conceivable you'd get a room as soon as you arrive. Some posters have gotten rooms at 8a.

I always can check in early when I went for a vacation, so I wish they allow me to check in at 1-2 pm. We already booked car rental with Hertz thru Hotwire hotrate. My daughter have high energy, we are flying 5 hours non-stop flight from California.

Have to take redeyes flight due to my husband's work schedule.

But, remember that you run the risk of the answer being "sorry, we can't get you in early."

If it is possible, you might see if you can rebook so that you are checking in one day earlier, and then call to let them know you will be arriving late. You will have a room set aside for you the entire day that way.

I always can check in early when I went for a vacation, so I wish they allow me to check in at 1-2 pm. We already booked car rental with Hertz thru Hotwire hotrate. My daughter have high energy, we are flying 5 hours non-stop flight from California.

Have to take redeyes flight due to my husband's work schedule.

A regular hotel is more likely to have rooms which weren't rented the previous night.

A place like BC is likely to be fully,or almost fully, booked. Check out time is 10a. It takes over an hour to clean a unit.

The question is which guests can get an early unit. I don't know if guests who rent on the Wyndham website (guests paying $$$ )get priority, VIP guests get priority or if it's first come first served.

I'd call BC and ask.If time you first check in at BC is a factor you might want to go to BC before you go to DSW.

We are not VIPs, but we have gotten into our room as early as noon. We were moving over from a DVC resort and figured we would just check-in and go back to the Beach Club for the day. We were very surprised that our room was ready. We knew when we walked in though that there hadn't been anyone in our room for at least 1 night due to the number of pizza flyers under the door!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter