WWYD with old, beat up Vera Bradley bags?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Dr.Girlfriend, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Dr.Girlfriend

Dr.Girlfriend DIS Veteran

I have two bags that have been well used. I just purchased a new purse, but really feel odd throwing the bags away...but, I doubt anyone would buy them. Thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

give them to goodwill. I have been amazed at the condition some of the ones they sell behind the glass counters. I have seen them very used and for sale at a premium price.

4. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

No but oh my gosh is that a Castaway Cay pic??? and can I borrow it????

(apologies for totally hijacking your thread. I wanted to take that pic and forgot.)

Maybe you could freecycle them/

5. PrincessSuzanne

PrincessSuzanne <font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh

Wash them and they will look almost new, then if you still don't want them, drop them in a Goodwill or Salvation Army drop box.

Suzanne

6. PaulaSue

PaulaSue <font color=purple>I have a purple car too and lov

Are they smaller sizes? My DDs would Love them. They are the in thing but I refuse to buy them for them (they are 10 and 8) and they have been looking for them at yard sales to buy with their $.

7. clh2

clh2 <font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my

Do you know any little girls that need a purse for dress up?

Going OT -I did this with a bunch of purses after my grandma passed away. My DD was almost 4 at the time. A couple of weeks later, I realized one of the purses was really very nice, kind of a white beaded clutch. Needless to say, that purse "disappeared" from DD's collection, and I have used it at every wedding I have been to since I've had it...thanks for the trip down memory lane!

8. tar heel

tar heel <font color=royalblue>Where will we get our news i

I have one in the same condition, and i put it in my "donate" bag. Washing will NOT make it good as new b/c the strap is frayed around the edges. Someone really creative could make a small purse or something out of the good fabric, but I don't feel led to do it.

9. mrstomrice

mrstomrice Disney Planning Fanactic!

I have an older one that isnt' really damaged, it just wasn't my favorite pattern. I use it for a travel bag for my hair products, like my brushes and flat iron since they no longer fit in my makeup bag.

10. Minnie116

Minnie116 Mouseketeer

I have a few old ones as well. Like one poster stated, I use one tote for all of my cosmetics and stuff when I travel, and I use my backpack for school field trips, just the right size for a bottled water or 2 some cash and a bit of first aid stuff.

11. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

When I have a purse that I don't want anymore or is worn out I see if anyone has a little girl that needs a play bag. Also second good will they will take things in pretty rough shape because there's lots of people who will still buy them and fix them up.

12. gigi1313

gigi1313 DIS Veteran

freecycle.org

13. mickeytattoo95

mickeytattoo95 Mouseketeer

Dillards does a purse swap once or twice a year. You'll have to ask when the next one is. If you bring a used purse in during the dates they have the purse swap you'll get $10 off a purse $50 or more, $20 off $100, etc.

They end up donating all the purses to a shelter. It's pretty neat!:goodvibes

14. PaulaSue

PaulaSue <font color=purple>I have a purple car too and lov

Thanks for the email. Was a nice suprise!:goodvibes

15. Janet Hill

Janet Hill DIS Veteran

My daughter uses mine to pack stuff for ballet class and also as a small pool bag. I see lots of other girls using these bags for these purposes as well. My daugher gets excited everytime I retire a bag.