WWYD-Swan/Dolphin or split-stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by perla75, Nov 10, 2008.

1. perla75

perla75 DIS Veteran

We are planning a June/July trip for our anniversary & I need a little advice on what to do.

We are looking into staying at the Swan/Dolphin because I can get a teacher discount. We are interested in trying the S/D because:
    -We LOVE the BW area
    -Epcot is our favorite park & we'd love to be able to walk to it
    -We generally cannot afford WDW deluxe resorts, so the cheap teacher discount rate of the S/D will be a real treat!
    -We are curious to try out the Heavenly Beds

We are not interested in the DDP, but we will miss the convenience of the Magical Express. We were looking into taking a Mears Shuttle. Not too bad in price-$40 per person 1 way, $66 per person round trip. So, for us it would be $80 one way or $132 round trip. So, I got to thinking:

Maybe we'll stay at the S/D for 8 days and spend the last 2 days at the Pop Century. This way, we would get the ME on the way home & it wouldn't be too much more $ to stay on site for the last two days. We've always wanted to stay at the Pop.

Does this seem worth it? & will we feel disappointed for going from deluxe to value? I'm guessing the Pop doesnt have Heavenly beds, but I would think that the appeal of staying on site & the fun & vibrant theming of the Pop would be exciting enough!

Advice? Thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TTechmom

TTechmom Earning My Ears

We plan on doing the same thing, but we are going to stay at Pop the first night using ME. We will then take a cab over to the Swan for a 9 night stay. We will take the Mears shuttle back to the airport from there.:thumbsup2