1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

WWYD? Park Hopper Tickets or Extra Day at Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by VickieMouse, Jan 17, 2013.

1. VickieMouse

VickieMouse Mouseketeer

I appreciate all of your insight. Since we have never stayed so close to a resort, we don't want to underestimate the importance of park hoppers. Having the ability to walk to Epcot to pick up lunch or snacks while the kids are in the pool with DH sounds fabulous! It sounds like you have shared so many important points, that this may be the direction we will go. Of course, my favorite suggestion was to do the extra day and keep the park hoppers! Hopefully that will be a a possibility the closer we get to vacation.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

I would vote for park hopper. I'm staying at the BC this next trip and we debated saving money by not doing park hoppers this time, but I think its going to be super tempting to go to Epcot for many of our meals being so close so we decided we really need the park hopper to take advantage of that.

4. deadhedjen

deadhedjen Mouseketeer

I am going to say pick the extra day with the basic tickets.

You will find some way to get the extra bucks for park hoppers between now and then.

We stayed at BWI this past August and it sure was nice to walk over to WS at night. We also never did the Park Hopper option in the past. The only reason we got it this past trip was my kids did the YES program.

Do you have to buy your tickets with your reservation? The reason I ask is YES classes may open up for your dates. My kids loved doing the classes and I expecially loved the savings on our park hoppers.

Editing to say:

I also did a girls only trip a few weeks weeks ago and we had the park hoppers for that as well. We really took advantage of them. Made for such an easier trip IMO.

5. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

The Epcot resort area is where we stay, and I can't imagine not having PHs there. We walk into Epcot for food, drinks or whatever all the time. I agree with Stargazertechie that I would try to figure out a way to have both, but if I absolutely couldn't...I would pick hoppers.

6. hoosll

hoosll DIS Veteran

I would vote PARK Hoppers since you are staying at BC. The Epcot resorts don't have many counter service options so being able to duck into Epcot World Showcase for a quick meal would be great. Also, they now have the patisserie at France opening at 9am - great option for breakfast ...

7. VickieMouse

VickieMouse Mouseketeer

I actually have thought about it greatly and France is a big factor. I also agree with your comment about the CS options in World Showcase as opposed to what I am finding as I research the BC area. I actually think in that regards the PH may pay for themselves!!

8. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

We always do PH. We like the flexablity it gives us regarding dinning. DH & I always go back to the resort in the afternoon so this way we don't have worry about where our dinner ADR is when we decide what park to go to in the morning.
    Plus since we don't have a car, it is easier to cut thru Epcot to go to/from the Boardwalk area for meals then dealing with tranfers at another park.:thumbsup2

9. jfoster

jfoster Earning My Ears

What is the YES Program??? Just curious!

10. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

DH would say pick up the extra nite. I say PH.

11. *Fantasia*

*Fantasia* <font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c

I'm a hopper kind of gal... I will have to say 8 days with hopper tickets! :) My whole main reason why I go to Disney World is to enjoy the themed parks and I like doing two parks in one day.

12. alecshawn

alecshawn WDW Fanatic

Stay the xtra day!!!! Hoppers are a waste anyways. You get more done 1 park per day and enjoy the xtra day at WDW!!!

13. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

They're definitely not a waste when you stay at the Epcot resorts.

14. alecshawn

alecshawn WDW Fanatic

We have before...but we still only did one park per day. It really doesnt matter where you stay. Some folks like those resorts for the food choices...but the cost of a hopper vs. another day.....stay the extra day.

15. Cindie-rella

Cindie-rella ...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.

What I would do is add the extra night then add the park hopper too. If you are already spending $$$ for a deluxe I would just dish out the extra $200 (if that's about what the extra might be) and enjoy ! Like another poster said, start saving a bit each week or save all your change at the end of each day etc., have a yard sale this spring...before you know it you'll have the extra cash you need :thumbsup2. I agree with the others that say park hoppers are a must. Esp with young ones. Sometimes you need a break during the day. And even more important if you are staying walking distance from Epcot and HS ! I personally could not imagine not having a park hopper. Go for the full monty:woohoo:

16. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

I agree! One night the kids were in SAB at 8:45 and I asked if they wanted to run over and catch illuminations. They hopped out, we ran over, watched and lakes back and hopped back in the pool. It was such a great luxury only capable of happening by staying at the BC w/PHs. We also liked taking the monorail home from MK and strolling through Epcot.

None of this is necessary, but it adds to the magic.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards