WWYD? June or July?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by tinytinkmom, Oct 5, 2012.

1. tinytinkmom

tinytinkmom I work to support my vacation habit!

So we were originally planning a trip to DL right after our daughter gets out of school, June 17-21, 2013, thinking we'd beat the summer crowds... But then I started doing some digging and realized that those dates fall right in with some grad nights and near the start of the So Cal blackout dates. Now I'm trying to decide whether to keep our dates as-is, switch to June 24-28 (no grad nights, but last week So Cal can use their passes... And DD could take part in the YES program), or hold out and go sometime in July? Predictions on when we'll deal with the least crowds? Or is it all going to be equally bad?
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Earning My Ears

It is always a great idea to to go on the first weekend that the Annual Passholders (Socal and Deluxe is even better) are blacked out.

However, I would also plan based on what attractions are open during that time. It is never good to go if you miss your favorite attraction during your trip.

4. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

I would just go in July and not have to worry about it. Crowds will not be really all that different. On the other hand the SoCal AP effect will likely not be very much in 2013 as there aren't any blockbuster new openings planned. So aside from grad night bumps June will be a fine time to visit I suspect.

:wizard:

5. Butterfly123

Butterfly123 DIS Veteran

Our last two visits were June and July. June was a bit of a pain to schedule around blockout days and grad nights, but both months turned out to be about the same as far as crowds and weather. Next time I'd do July just for ease of planning, and not having to work around grad nights and blockout days. And really, the crowds were not bad at all the last two years. Busy, but managable if you go early, take a break, and stay late. I really enjoy going in summer, with the nice weather and extended hours. Have a great trip!

6. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

We went the last week of June this year. We felt the crowds were no problem, aside from the masses in Carsland. With that said, we are WDW vets and anytime the wait for Toy Story is under an hour is a good day for us. The longest wait we had for that was 20 minutes.

7. longtimedisneylurker

longtimedisneylurker DIS Veteran

I'd say crowds will probably feel about the same, but the weather might be slightly cooler in June than July.

8. erocrobro

erocrobro DIS Veteran

We were there the beginning of June this summer and, honestly, the crowds were not bad at all. All three of our days fell on a Grad Night. It was the week before CL opened so that may have had something to do with it. The weather was absolutely perfect.

9. Bungle

Bungle DIS Veteran

Honestly now I just plan on DL being crowded regardless of time of year. It seems like more and more people go in the off season to save money/beat crowds now. We are going during grad nights this year as well so hopefully its not too bad.:goodvibes

10. KerriSue

KerriSue DIS Veteran

We are planning a trip for this next June, where do I find these blackout dates?

11. tinytinkmom

tinytinkmom I work to support my vacation habit!

12. KerriSue

KerriSue DIS Veteran

I guess I will have to wait a little closer to my travel dates to see about these blackout days. I guess it really doesnt matter since I wont be getting an annual pass, I was just wanting to know the actual dates. What time does the park normally close when they are having grad nights?

13. 2boysmom1998

2boysmom1998 Mouseketeer

We went this year a week after Cars Land opened and last year we went at the beginning of June. Both times I didn't think it was very busy. We had a wonderful time and was able to walk on several rides. My oldest son stood in the single rider line for RSR and was able to ride it twice. June is a great time to go crowd wise I think. Grad nights are kind of a pain but maybe you can work around them. June gloom is a pain too but it usually burns off by 10 or 11 in the morning.

14. Crittsmom

Crittsmom Earning My Ears

I would go the last part of June, not really crowded yet and hopefully not too hot. If I could, I would NOT go in July - too crowded and hot !!