WW - Core or points?

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
For those doing Weight Watchers - do you use the point system or Core? I'm switching from low-carb, so I thought that Core would be easier (of all the times I've done WW, this is the first for the point system.) Also - did you buy the carrying case with the dry-erase tracker and extra booklets? Did you find it helpful? I might switch to points next week. Not sure.....

I started WW a week & a half ago and I am doing points. I knew I would have a hard time eating those Core foods until satisfied. I just knew I would overdo it. I like the flexibility of points also so i can eat whatever I want (within reason), as long as I have the points available.

I did buy the starter kit with the books, case and all. I think the big book with all the points is a must - saves alot of the calculating. The dinning out guide isn't that useful to me since over 50% of the restaurants they list are not around this area. I haven't used the wipe-off point chart and I don't know that I will. The case is nice for storing all my WW stuff though - I really like that. I also like logging all my food for the day on the weekly paper booklets so I can see it all written out.

Good luck in your decision!
Kristi

I have been hanging out quite a bit on the WW website boards. Specifically the 100+ to lose board. Most of the people on there who have tried the Core plan go back to pOints pretty quickly. Hard to do the whole self control thing and keep losing weight it seems. This is the third time I have started WW with the points system. The last two it just ddin't work for me. I wasn't committed and didn't like figuring out my points etc. This time it feels different and I am really happy with it. Helps that I already know a lot of the point values for the foods I tend to stick with.

Third time is the charm, right? This is the end of my first week. Sounds like all three of us are new to this, we should keep in touch and stick together!

I'm doing Points right now-- I tried the Core for about three weeks-- it worked, but my problem was that I have to eat away from home often, and that greatly narrows my food options. I was so sick of canned tuna and chicken, that I had to switch back to Points. For me, Points is just so much more flexible (less cooking; more options). I'm pretty sure I eat more on Points, too then I did with Core.

I don't buy any of the WW "extras"-- I think it's so expensive as it is. Everything I need is available somewhere on the internet.

I'm doing points on my own at home for now. :) I have the case but not a dry erase one its old from 2000-2001 when I went to meetings.

Core though might be easier transition from low carb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter