• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WTH is up with RAGLAN ROAD and why isnt it open?

GOOFYFREEK

DIS Veteran
Ok for those that dont know Raglan Road is the new Irish Pub opening in Downtown Disney. Its suppose to open in the Summer of 2005. Well summer is quickly coming to an end and yet its not open. Was down there again last weekend for the ESPN and NO LUCK. Anyone know when it will open? Disney still doesn't have it listed on there web site.

For everytime I make a visit to DTD and its not open they should owe me a GUINNESS for having to spend the time with my wife shopping :crazy:

My DH is 100% Irish and is looking forward to going there in October. I sure hope it's open by then! We've been keeping our eyes and ears open too, but no announcements yet.

I have dedicated Irish Dancers (DDs 7 and 9) who will want to go when we are there in late August! Our DVC Vacation Magic for summer says it was supposed to be open in July, but didn't give specific dates. Am really looking forward to going, so I hope it's open soon. :wizard:

On Raglan Road, on an autumn day,
I saw her first and knew,
That her dark hair, would weave a snare
That I might one day rue....

can't wait.

I hope it's like a local/ regional restaurant here in Indianapolis- The Claddagh

Goofy - I heard the same thing that you did - that Raglan Road is supposed to open in mid-July. We are going the second weekend in September, I hope it's open by then!! :sunny:

Summer's coming to an end?

Anyway, it's only the 16th of July. So it's just now the middle of July. Do they look like they are ready to open? Can you see the building, look in the windows?

Anyone know if this will be a restaurant as well as a bar and if they will be on the dining plan?

It was a Jazz Club. COMPLETELY refurbished.
There were no outer outside walls as of last night. Meaning from what little I could see it looked like they worked from the center and went out. (My impression is all.)
The little lighthouse like peak can be seen and looked done.
There are walls all around, so not much can be seen.
Raglan Road is right next to Portobella Yacht Club, which is next to Fulton's.
PYC is between Raglan Rd and Fulton's.

Weather has slowed down the progress of Raglan Road!! Since we had almost 40 days with rain it was a little discouraging!! Word around Disney is they are close to a month behind!! I know that they have crews available 7 days a week to make up for the rain!! Yes there will be a restaurant not sure of how it will work with the dining plan as of yet!! Hope this info helps~!!

Its listed on the new PDF dining plan download on the disneyworld.com site as being on the dining plan! Hope that helps :flower:

The rain, and other problems have delayed it. I haven't heard the new date though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter