W's go West, Day 16 - Palm Springs & Anaheim

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Day 16, bye bye Palm Springs, hello Anaheim.... again...

Our time in Palm Springs had come to an end, it felt like we had only just arrived!

I had yet another night of no sleep due to Sy's snoring gah! I swear I will not be held responsible he wakes up with a pillow in his face... ;) He did the decent thing and got up at 7:30am to let me get some sleep until 10:30 I will not confirm or deny whether he got up or was pushed out hehehe.

Check out wasn't until 12pm so we decided to have a swim and sunbathe that way we could make the most of the sunshine before heading back to gloomy LA.

We both had quick showers, got dressed and were checked out on time. We hadn't had any breakfast so we decided to get lunch at the sandwich stop where Sy had been the day before.

Sy decided to go for something that had BBQ sauce and pineapple in it, I said I didn't think it was gonna be a good idea as there was a high chance it would end up all over him.... But would he listen to me? Does he ever? ;) I went for the same as yesterday only without the avocado this time :awesome: It was every bit as good. Sy ended up with it literally ALL over himself, it poured like a river out of the bottom of the bag in which he was trying to catch all the juice. It was everywhere, all over his shirt and shorts. Oops! He had to get changed before we hit the road lol :D Guess he should listen to his wife more often... ;)

Sy is heavily into architecture so we spent a little time looking at various buildings he wanted to see. I just loved the look of everything in PS so I was very happy :)

The library

Liberace's old house.

Elvis' honeymoon home.

A building by Richard Neutra called the Kaufmann house.

We saw a few others too but didn't get pictures.

I was very pleased to see this...

I know it doesn't look much but that's the golf course from Soarin'!

We then made our way back to Disney. I didn't feel like I do when we are in Florida away from Disney, I usually cannot wait to get back there, but I didn't really feel the same magic from DL (I know, shocking right?!). Plus I was completely in love with Palm Springs... So I was sad to be leaving :sad:

Something we did see just as we drove out of PS was a big tumbleweed go across the road right in front of us! It was like something out of a movie hehe made us laugh!

I dozed a bit on the journey back, luckily it didn't take anywhere near as long to get back as it took to get there and before we knew it we were pulling into the Hyatt Regency.

Our room was on a really high floor so we could see for miles, sadly though we weren't facing Disney so no night time fireworks shots.

We dumped the bags off and I put Sy's clothes in the sink to wash the stains out cause I'm a good little wifey :D and then headed for the outlet mall that was down the road, we had seen it on the way in and it was calling my name :D plus we had hardly done any shopping since we'd been here.

I managed to get a few goodies in Hot Topic, some more bits in bath and bodyworks and some new crocs that were on sale :D

We then made our way over to the Grand California to pick up Sy's polo shirts. We decided to head into Downtown Disney first and have a quick look to see if they had any of the 60th Anniversary merchandise out yet which they did...

I had to get some of the Diamond Minnie ears :D I also got us and a friend a Christmas ornament and one of the special shopping bags

We then headed back into the GC and waited with concierge while they found us Sy's tops. Sadly the marks didn't come out :( so instead Disney offered to credit our room account with $200 (even though we had checked out we were still on the system). We of course took them up on their very kind offer and will buy him some new ones in Orlando in November (they are much more expensive in the UK).

Posing with my bag of goodies while we waited...

We then made our way back to the hotel. We were shattered and on the hunt for food but everywhere had massive queues, of course it was the night before the 60th Anniversary so all of the hotels were full to the brim nearby and with it being dinnertime, everyone was out trying to eat. So in the end after driving around for about half an hour we grabbed a take away from Del Taco. We didn't really know what to order and I think they misheard a few things so we ended up with 4 bags of food. FOUR! OMG! The food wasn't too bad actually, considering we didn't really want to get a take away but it was near the hotel and didn't have a wait. We took the food back to the room and ate it sat on the bed watching TV.

Just 1 or 2 sauces...

I took a couple of pics of my shopping.

We then got into bed at about 10pm, we were trying to get an early night as it was gonna be a loooooong day tomorrow...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter