Wreck-It-Ralph

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by DonaldDuck80, Mar 5, 2013.

1. DonaldDuck80

DonaldDuck80 Earning My Ears

Received it today from DMC. Actually bought it without seeing it in theaters but I love Disney and video games so I knew there wouldn't be a way I hated it. I loved the cameos by beloved characters from the video game universe. Also all the nods to stuff in video games (King Candy accesses his secret area by inputting the 'Konami Code' into an NES controller? Sweet!) Plus I'd have to say Vanellope was a surprise in how much I ended up loving her character. I wanna adopt her and spoil her rotten! Lol

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessBri12

PrincessBri12 Spider-Man and Little Mermaid Aficionado

I saw the movie with my mom last month and it was so full of WIN! ^^

• The characters were really funny and awesome. I did find myself being a fan of Sgt. Calhoun and Vanellope.
    • The cameos were also funny and awesome, as well as in-character.
    • The story itself is very creative and unique.
    Overall, it's a top-notch film, even if you're not a gamer. :thumbsup2

4. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

I was pleasantly surprised by how much heart it has. I expected the story to kind of rest on the video game references and nostalgia, but those were used sparingly and appropriately.

5. smallblackstars

smallblackstars Mouseketeer

I also loved Wreck It Ralph! The MGS reference was great and all the hidden game characters were fun to find but my favourite by far was the graffiti dedicated to Leeroy Jenkins!! :rotfl:

6. BelleBriarRose

BelleBriarRose Disney Princess

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie, and quickly fell in love with it! The marketing made it look like it's just a gamer movie, but it's definitely not. It's creative and original, and the storytelling is really heartfelt. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

7. bxccah

bxccah Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

I watched on my Virgin Atlantic flight from London to Orlando, and I LOVED it!!

8. USS Disney

USS Disney Military Mouse

One of my new favorites! Question though... Is vanellope going to be considered a disney princess? Cause I mean technically she is....

9. paintnolish

paintnolish <font color=darkorchid>You'd think a sniff in the

I thought it was so novel, cute, and creative.

10. JoeKir

JoeKir Mouseketeer

Was a little disappointed this lost to Brave at the Academy Awards. Love this movie and thought the story and characters were so unique. Definitely a new favourite, and really hope they take the story further in the future!

11. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Sarah Silverman hinted at a Wreck-It Ralph sequel. No timeline given, but they are definitely kicking around the idea. :goodvibes

12. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran - "I found the Snipe!"

Except she dissolved the monarchy in favor of a constitutional democracy. ;) (When I met her at DHS, I addressed her as "Madam President" and she liked that.) LOVED "Wreck-it Ralph" and I agree with the other poster - I think it deserved the Oscar over "Brave." It's one of those movies where everything just works. And I love Felix & Calhoun.

13. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

This instantly became one of our favorites!...love the King Candy voicing ...(Ed Winn influences really show there!)
    Let's go Disney...Bring it on with WIR-2!

14. gracigirl

gracigirl Earning My Ears

We loved it as well!

15. smarcles

smarcles Earning My Ears

So underrated! Definitely deserved the Oscar!

16. Echolocation

Echolocation Earning My Ears

I enjoyed all the video game references, but I play a lot of games. I'm surprised that I disliked "The Glitch" at first, then grew to like her as a character.

17. VanellopeVonSchweetz

VanellopeVonSchweetz Earning My Ears

Def a favorite in our house! :) Loved the game central station! And the Dr Robotnic cameo! Plus all the voices fit the characters. Very cute movie!

18. BelleBriarRose

BelleBriarRose Disney Princess

I love this movie so much! I think it got overlooked by a lot of people because they thought it would be "just a gaming movie," but it definitely isn't! So cute and cleverly written!

19. gatormommy07

gatormommy07 Mouseketeer

we got it in the mail today from DMC. I had seen a few small pieces at my f-i-l's house one day, but this was the first time I saw it all. I loved it, I think parts would have made me cry, instead of just making me a bit teary if the kids had not been watching with me!!! I loved so much about it, it made me think about when I was a kid and some of the games were popular!! Very well done!!

20. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

I think I'm going to buy this today, and probably have movie night tonight with wife and 2 kids (6g & 3b). Heard mostly good things, so looking forward to it!

21. IndigoFaith

IndigoFaith I love Vanellope and Cinderella!

I love Wreck it Ralph. My favorite character is Vanellope Von Schweetz. She's the first to rival Cinderella seriously as my fave Disney heroine.