Would you......?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by dancin Disney style, Jul 11, 2013.

1. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

I've been looking to rent a timeshare from Ebay. I've found a great deal at the Grande Vista. I had to contact the seller to ask questions about availability and I got her down in price a little.

So here's my problem.....
    She didn't say that the transaction had to take place privately, outside of Ebay but I asked about how we proceeded from this point. I said that it had to go through Ebay, so what should I do? Her reply was that that would be fine but the price would go up $80 to cover the 10% Ebay fee and the 3% paypal fee. She went into further detail about how I would make an offer on her listing. Now I'm fine with that for the security but I'm wondering how all the Dis'er that have done this before feel about going outside of Ebay to complete the transaction....$80 is $80. Am I safe enough just using Paypal?

Also, I'm renting 2 weeks and she said that I could have the first week's ressie in my name, and have a copy, prior to paying but that the second week had not been booked yet so that would have to be paid up front.

Feelings on this situation????

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dancin Disney style

BTW...she has 100% positive feedback and 185. I read all the feedback but there was only one to do with a timeshare rental. All the comments said that she was quick and easy to deal with. So far she has been very quick to repond to my messages....I'm the one dragging my feet :rolleyes1

What's the 185 mean?

4. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

It sounds legit to me.... you are safe paying through paypal and believe me they (paypal) always take the buyers side if there is an issue. 182 is her feedback score... so she has a very good buying and selling rep on ebay.
    Good Luck! :)

5. dancin Disney style

I feel like it's a legit purchase it's just that I haven't bought a rental from Ebay before and am trying to do it the safest way possible.

Is just paypal alone safe enough or should I also go through Ebay? I have the option to deal directly with her...outside of Ebay.

6. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

I've rented twice from sellers just paying with my paypal..... Sellers on ebay have to pay final fees after they make a sale, by using the make an offer button you can place a bid ... she can reject it and therefore offer you the discount you have both agreed on therefore bypassing the seller fees. Paypal offers buyer protection when you buy using thier services... check that out if you need further reassurance but honestly with a 100% score I dont think you have much to worry about.

7. dancin Disney style

Thanks. I'll be nervous until I get there though :lmao:

8. dancin Disney style

I pulled the trigger this morning. It has to be done in two transactions as it will be two reservations....one that is existing and one that needs to be made. So the first one is done and I messaged the seller to say that I would be able to complete the second half after work today....which is now!!!!